Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Those that had the hydraulic fill recall performed

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 05:02 PM
    Thanks

Those that had the hydraulic fill recall performed

Two weeks ago I noticed that the 3pt hitch was oscillating up and down just a bit. Put the BB on and repaired the driveway. Then noticed that the 3pt hitch would not stay in position and the oscillation was really bad. When you shut the engine off, with the 3pt hitch up, it immeadiatly dropped to the floor. Called the dealer up, told him the problem. They said they have been getting calls on this on other units. They are finding out that if you got water in your hydraulic system rust can form on the pistons, valves or other places tearing the o-rings and seals up. He said mine was so bad they may have to replace the piston assembly. Mine is still under warranty but wanted to let others know if theirs started acting funny like this, that it could have been a problem in the making due to the recall.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 07:38 AM
    Thanks
    When I took delivery of my 26R, the dealer replaced the Vent cap (?) under the seat Pryor to me taking delivery. So, my fluid was never contaminated. This spring when I hooked up my weight box the Three-Point hitch couldn't lift the box more than an inch. After two weeks in the shop.... I visited and saw the problem. It was a small square unit about the size of a deck of cards that bolts directly to the transaxle just under the seat. He said it was valving etc. Oh yes, it could have been the piston, weak pump, slow pump, rust, undersized piston, over-sized bore. I heard it all. Until they test and evaluate....

PS, there is a thread here about this very same subject of the osculation of the three-point hitch someplace.
    Last edited by HouseMouse; 09-19-2014 at 01:08 PM.
    2017 Ford F350, 6.7, DRW, 4x4.

1026R with block heater and Curtis Cab, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks combo, 54" Front Mount snow blower, 60" MMM, H-120 FEL, Ballast Box, 100Lbs wheel weights, BB2048, sprayer with 7' boom, Front Mount HeavyHitch, John Deere tow behind spreader, 260 Backhoe With BXPanded Thumbs, Bro-Tek 1.5" Spacers.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    07-31-2018 @ 05:51 PM
    Thanks
    BillieS, thanks for your post. I think it's important, but don't totally understand why. Your statement "that it could have been a problem in the making due to the recall". Leaves me confused. Was there a recall, that caused contamination. Or was there a problem in manufacturing (making) that caused a contamination and resultant recall. I guess I would like to have clear information about the recall you speak of. Thanks ! This is important to know. Dan
    John Deere 1023 E, 60d mower, H120 loader,
    Frontier 2060L Back Blade, Heavy Hitch with 320 lb weights,
    Artillian forks with Adaptor for JD Snow Plow. JD 54 inch blade.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Thanks
    If you look at the '11 R's center link holster bracket, there is a full circle around the hydro fill port that will puddle rain water. The rain water will find its way in through the cap. This is the reason for the extended fill cap adapter. The '12 and later Rs have a "drain" cut into this bracket, and shouldn't puddle water. Mine has never been rained on, so my fluid is clean, and dash not foggy. Most of yous with rust probably got that way on the dealer's lot.
    Ultrapile likes this.
    '11 1026R

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    If you had the recall type cap, the hydraulics could have been contaminated long before you bought the tractor. Many of them sit outside in the weather for a good while between the factory, the shipping and at the dealer. Then if they sit long enough that the dealer washed them, chances are a pressure washer was used on it. It can be hard to tell if it has water in it too, up until changing the fluid.
    Kenny
    0331 88-92 USMC Ret.
    1025R FILB; 50" FEL Bucket with 3 Ken's Bolt On Hooks, Bucket Mounted Receiver and 1 Shackle Mount; psrumors Seat Springs; 12" BH Bucket; Box Blade; 48" Rotary Cutter; 48" Tiller; Omi Manufacturing Transformer Hitch w/Weight Rack; Artillian Forks, BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar, and More to come as I can beg it out of my wife!
    Also: Ford 9n, Massy Ferguson 231 & 231s, Zeter 7711 and a Mahindra 3525

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for your replies. Totally clear now! I think my 1023e is a 12. I bought it used several months ago from private party with just 50 hours on it. I've been looking for a reference source to read my serial number, but no luck yet. I'll check this morning for drain in the bracket, maybe stop at my dealer and see what the new model cap looks like, also. I've done the 50 hr service, but of course all fluid went directly into container, so no visual possible. O

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:31 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,025 Times in 2,507 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danbeck View Post
    I've been looking for a reference source to read my serial number, but no luck yet.
    There is no way of doing that online, but you can call or visit any dealer and they can tell you all sorts of stuff...
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    09-01-2019 @ 12:21 PM
    Thanks
    I have an extra kit. One was mailed to me but the dealer had put one while it was there for warranty work.
    JD 1023E
    KK XB Tiller, XB subsoiler

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kabic For This Useful Post:

Ultrapile (09-20-2014)

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    I checked my cap. The mounting plate has a half moon cutout toward the seat. Looks like it couldn't hold water. Also the plastic cap assembly screws into a unpainted metal block that raises the whole thing another inch or so above the plate. Looks like I have the fix. Thanks !

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 05:02 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danbeck View Post
    BillieS, thanks for your post. I think it's important, but don't totally understand why. Your statement "that it could have been a problem in the making due to the recall". Leaves me confused. Was there a recall, that caused contamination. Or was there a problem in manufacturing (making) that caused a contamination and resultant recall. I guess I would like to have clear information about the recall you speak of. Thanks ! This is important to know. Dan
    Sorry Dan,

I was away for a while. Some 1026r sat on the dealers lots in the rain. Some of them, with the filler cap causing water to flow into the hydraulic case. This caused the fluid to end up a white milky color when running. The water then caused rust to form on some of the internal parts, with the rust erroding the seals, pistons and other items. Mine was one that had the milky hyd. fluid and they had to change and flush the system out and change the filters. Seems they did not get it all.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast