Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Artillian fork system with plow adapter question

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-25-2019 @ 11:23 PM
    Thanks

Artillian fork system with plow adapter question

Looking to pull the trigger soon to buy a Artillian fork set-up for my 1025r and then buy the plow adapter kit and run a plow in this fashion. The issue of not being able to change over from the standard Deere quick-hitch plow set-up and flip over to the FEL without having to take 10-15 mins to take the mount off to clear the stand seems to be a problem Deere needs to solve if they want more sales. Alot easier to just pull 2 lynch pins and 2 hoses to swap from plow to bucket.

When I get the plow mount I plan to get the hose extensions versus the diverter valve set-up which will cost more money. Anyone want to point out anything I am missing and should go to the diverter valve. If I set the curl at the right approach angle to plow after mounting the plow before changing over to the hydraulic angle hoses I should be good and not miss the curl option.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:24 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 794 Posts
    Hummmmmm.......

Not the hydraulics expert here but I don' think it is a good idea to put a load on the curl cylinders without pressure connected to them.

KennyD or Diesel or one of our many other experts will be along shortly and then we will both know the answer to this question.
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:31 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,025 Times in 2,507 Posts
    The main issue as I see it is that the cylinder can drift some from the initial setting when you disconnect the hoses, and sometimes it will he hard to disconnect/reconnect then because of the pressure built up in them. If you have any intentions of getting the grapple when it comes out than just get the diverter now, if you have no need for the grapple then try the extension hose for now.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 Times in 2,579 Posts
    I'm betting both lift and curl cylinders on the loader will drift fairly quickly. That would be extremely frustrating to stop and reconnect the loader hoses, reposition, then reconnect the plow. I would get the diverter and not look back.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    06-15-2016 @ 06:05 AM
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 96PSD View Post
    Looking to pull the trigger soon to buy a Artillian fork set-up for my 1025r and then buy the plow adapter kit and run a plow in this fashion. The issue of not being able to change over from the standard Deere quick-hitch plow set-up and flip over to the FEL without having to take 10-15 mins to take the mount off to clear the stand seems to be a problem Deere needs to solve if they want more sales. Alot easier to just pull 2 lynch pins and 2 hoses to swap from plow to bucket.

When I get the plow mount I plan to get the hose extensions versus the diverter valve set-up which will cost more money. Anyone want to point out anything I am missing and should go to the diverter valve. If I set the curl at the right approach angle to plow after mounting the plow before changing over to the hydraulic angle hoses I should be good and not miss the curl option.
    96PSD,

Taking a shortcut is seldom a satisfactory resolution to any issue. In fact, I've gone further than simply installing a diverter valve. I've installed a 3rd SCV for the rear of my 1026. If I buy a grapple someday, I'll hook up the hydraulics for it to that 3rd SCV. I've got a fork set on order from Artillian so I'll have a new toy ... I mean implement to use shortly. I also use that 3rd SCV for the hydraulics on my tow-behind aerator.
    Jeff R. likes this.
    Larry

"Good advice often goes unrecognized until it's too late."

1026R tractor, H120 loader, 60D mid-mount mower, JDiMatch, RB2060L rear blade with hydraulic angling, JD ballast box, 40" hydraulic core aerator, 38" dethatcher, home-made duo screen and several JD hats.

8. Top | #6
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:39 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,940 Times in 2,904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    96PSD,

Taking a shortcut is seldom a satisfactory resolution to any issue. In fact, I've gone further than simply installing a diverter valve. I've installed a 3rd SCV for the rear of my 1026. If I buy a grapple someday, I'll hook up the hydraulics for it to that 3rd SCV. I've got a fork set on order from Artillian so I'll have a new toy ... I mean implement to use shortly. I also use that 3rd SCV for the hydraulics on my tow-behind aerator.
    X2
    Jeff R. likes this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    X2
    So, you're condemning the taking of shortcuts by simply quoting another user?

Gizmo2 likes this.
    ---

2011 JD 2520 with 200cx loader, 61" materials bucket, and Artillian JDQA Pallet Forks (42" forks). 62D MMM, ballast box, turfs, and loaded rears.

10. Top | #8
    rgd
    Last Online
    02-18-2019 @ 10:52 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meburdick View Post

x2
    Last edited by rgd; 09-21-2014 at 03:45 PM.
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, Levi and 1 others like this.
    JD 2520 TLB
    JD gt 275

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 01:27 AM
    Thanks
    I run the same setup. You curl back all the way to the stops when attaching the plow adapter. There is a bracket that keeps the plow at the correct angle. I will get the diverter valve as soon as the wife lets me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

12. Top | #10
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:39 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,940 Times in 2,904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meburdick View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rgd View Post
    x2
    I guess it was pretty lame.
    Short cuts hardly ever work out. I know, I've done it a lot in the past. Usually because of money and then I spend the extra money anyway plus throw away the money I spent doing the short cut. Short cuts are designed to be appealing/attractive and normally always cost more in the end.

Better?
    dieselshadow likes this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast