1025R Cant curl bucket up, joystick wont move very far left?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: 1025R Cant curl bucket up, joystick wont move very far left?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-26-2019 @ 06:21 PM
    Thanks

1025R Cant curl bucket up, joystick wont move very far left?

hello,
    We have had a ton of snow the last few days so I have been out moving a bunch of it. Everything was fine until today. Seems like the joystick wants to center itself a little to the right, which un curls the bucket. If you pull it left (to curl the bucket up) eventually it will stop uncurling the bucket and keep it in what ever position you are in. Part in parcel with this is that the joystick wont pull very far left to curl the bucket up. Seem like you can push the joystick to the right and it uncurls the bucket at a normal rate, however pulling the stick left (barely moves left) and then it barely curls the bucket up. At idle it wont even curl the bucket up (which it used to do). I have to be north of 2500 rmp for the curling to even happen, which is at a very very slow speed. I've pulled the rubber boot up, nothing seems to be loose or disconnected, no leaks, hydraulic fluid is normal. The lock out pin is all the way out (or is it in?) so that the joystick is free to move. Drive power is normal. I dont get any bucket drop before the curl like other posts have mentioned. Any thoughts or ideas? Seems like something is stuck in the SCV valve not allowing the joystick to move to the left far enough. is this possible? I have ~ 150 hrs on this tractor (1st owner).
    thank you in advance!
    T
    Yank likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Thanks
    Try disconnecting your hose couplers and reconnecting them. Might try swapping them so bucket and lift functions are reversed.
    Kennyd, Robnik and PJR832 like this.
    2017 2038r, Toro Z-Master 27hp 52" deck ( the Buck and the Bull ) 220r FEL, 61" bucket, 60" Autoconnect MMM with command cut, 270b backhoe RB2060L rear blade, BB5060 box blade, Speeco quick hitch, Piranha 53" tooth bar, Land Pride rta1050 tiller, Baker 24 PTO Chipper/ Shreader, Herd fertilizer/seed spreader,16 JD 42 pound weights, Heavy Hitch front and rear weight brackets with 2" receiver, KBOH Hooks and Clevis bracket. Titan 36" forks with receiver hitch.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,073 Times in 2,539 Posts
    Welcome to GTT,

In addition to what greenharly suggested (especially unplugging, cleaning and then re-plugging the couplers), have you lubricated the SCV linkage under the rubber boot?
    keane, JamesCE, Robnik and 1 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Welcome to GTT,

In addition to what greenharly suggested (especially unplugging, cleaning and then re-plugging the couplers), have you lubricated the SCV linkage under the rubber boot?
    Just pulled the quick couplers off, cleaned them, reversed the hoses for curl up/curl down. Now I get a regular curl up, but slow curl down. I also lubed the SCV linkage under the boot, but there is still a very short movement pulling the lever to the left (to curl up normally). I slid the lock out pin in and out after lubing, its moving the way it should (not half stuck).

Any other thoughts?
    Thank you in advance!!
    T

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:05 AM
    Thanks
    Hate to say it but might be a failure in the valve keeping the handle from going left (and you mention that it doesn't center itself, but "centers" to the right) . There shouldn't be any real resistance in the lever in any of the 4 directions, except the float (forward) and re-gen (right)...and those are more like a stop you have to push past versus resistance.

Here's a picture from the JD parts catalog showing the internals. Might be able to get an idea of what is happening inside the valve. Looks like this valve is used for all years of the 1025R.

Attachment 563825
    Last edited by kylew; 03-05-2018 at 07:09 PM.
    PJR832 likes this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks

Video of whats going on...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/35ZStXAAih5AIeJC2

Here is a short video of the joystick, I think something is shot with the valve. Has anyone had one of these apart? is there anything to do internally that might fix the issue? Or not?
    thank you again for all the ideas!

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks

Do you know what part # this is?? (Pics and video)

Hello,
    Trying to diagnose an issue with my SCV valve on 1025R. Dealer told me I need to buy entire valve, parts guys says these parts are available separately, but nothing denotes which is which in the diagram. I'm trying to figure out what parts in the image correspond to the part name and remarks (blue and red arrow), as I'm pretty certain its causing the issues Im experiencing with the bucket not curling up and joystick falling to the right side on its own causing bucket to uncurl. I think the part I need is described as "Regen centering x20 SCV", which Im hoping is the part being pointed to with the red arrow. The curl/uncurl hydraulic circuit is associated with the ports denoted by the green arrows, which is why Im thinking that the part being pointed to by the red arrow is the culprit.

Has anyone ever replaced either of these bottom looking tubes (red and blue arrows) on bottom of valve. After talking to JD tech they described them as the detent sections of the valve.
    Here is a video of what my valve is doing. Seems like a spring is shot allowing the joystick to fall to the right with little to no force applied (and also not re-centering). Possibly something stuck, not allowing you to pull joystick left to have bucket curl up.

Parts link: http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/c...79d510a2188599

Video showing exactly whats happening with valve:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/TeY2NL30VIZnUri82

Image of the valve:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SCV Valve annotated.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	564361

Any thoughts?
    Thanks again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SCV Valve.jpg  
    Last edited by Titanite; 03-06-2018 at 01:58 PM.
    PJR832 likes this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Thanks
    I can't totally answer your question but can provide a little info.

Normally when they talk about the detent kit or section of the valve they are talking about the detent where the float function is. So normally machines are set up so that your lift control for the arms or a blade on a quick hitch on the front has a float mode. I want to say on your machine you push it forward a little harder than normal and it will click and lock forward so that the FEL, blade or blower follows the contours of the ground. This detent kit can be added to the other hydraulic control. Some people do this on a FEL so that they can push it all the way over in the dump mode so a full bucket can dump quicker with gravity kind of like the old trip buckets rather than waiting on hydraulics to cycle.

I am not familiar with the names of the other kits but one would be the normal operation from the factory and I can't say for sure what is included in the kit to know if it comes with a spring or whatever is causing your issue.

Not sure that this helps other than explaining what they are likely talking about with the detent kit.
    BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Thanks
    I commend your willingness to make this repair yourself.

If it were me, I would first have a thorough visual examination of the external linkage to make damn sure it was not responsible for a loss of valve stroke before I started taking things off the machine.

Next I would recommend dismantling the valve body and looking for things like broken re-centering springs. Find what is required such as the faulty part, o-rings or gaskets that you may need for a professional valve body renewal, and then compile your parts order.

From the looks of that parts diagram, they are no way showing all the pieces utilized in the assembly. It may well be that some are only included as an assembly (which sucks). The lack of distinct, individual part numbers is hindrance enough.

Good luck man, and please keep us posted!
    BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff B For This Useful Post:

kylew (03-06-2018)

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:05 AM
    Thanks
    First off, you shouldn't have started another thread. It's easier for everyone to read the posts involved in one place and not have to jump from thread to thread. Not complaining, just saying.

Jeff B beat me to the punch....looks like dismantling the valve is going to be the way to go to find out what's going on inside. From your video it doesn't look like any external interference (I could be wrong). The parts list & diagram doesn't appear to be showing everything, and like he said, some things may only be available in a complete valve assembly. If you tear it apart and find something, I'd suggest contacting JD Tech and see if what you need is available separately and what the part numbers are, for sure.

If it were me, after making 100% sure the problem isn't external (and again, it doesn't appear to be), I'd be thinking I'd have to replace the valve, so what do I have to lose by opening it up and checking the parts inside. Might get lucky and be able to repair it. But I'm not there looking at the valve so I can only theorize and speculate.

We are very curious about your findings and fix. PLEASE keep us posted and updated.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast