Suspension seat for 2305

Thread: Suspension seat for 2305

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    03-18-2015 @ 08:46 PM
    Thanks

Suspension seat for 2305

I was wondering if anyone had found a suspension seat that would fit a 2305 that swivels for a backhoe. I have looked at the seat on a 738 and a 1026 and they look like they might work but I haven't talked the dealer in letting me take them off and trying one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    09-22-2017 @ 12:07 PM
    Thanks
    I have a 2305 with the BH from the factory and have the swivel seat. I HATE it. The swivelling is awkward and clumsy and I found it VERY frustrating to spin it forward and backward. I bought a second JD seat and installed it on the back fender using a 4" hinge with a removable hinge pin and bolted one side of the hinge to the front of the new seat. I removed the attachment for the 3 point hitch that holds up the top arm and put the other hinge side in that location. This way when I use the hoe, I flip the tractor seat forward and pull the BH seat down onto the springs. When I'm done, I flip the seats back and away I go. It's much faster and easier to go back and forth a lot. The only downside that I've experienced is that the BH seat flips back onto the BH controls and indents the seat back and I was concerned that it would operate the hoe controls but this has not happened. When I take the hoe off, I also pull the pin on the hinge and remove the seat. Works much better than that swivelling seat IMO.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements