Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 54" quick attach plow problem

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-22-2018 @ 06:20 AM
    Thanks

54" quick attach plow problem

So I noticed while plowing last night that the plow will not swivel to the left all the way. i have also noticed a bit of play in the blade. not very stout. any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Thanks
    The 54" plow always has a lot of slop it in. Because of the way it's mounted to the QuickHitch and the way the QuickHitch attaches to the machines, there are a lot of "little wiggles" that compound into "big wiggles".

If it isn't turning the full angle then you probably got some snow/ice wedged in there that was holding things up. Check it again when the "stuff" is all melted off and see if teh issue goes away. If not, post back with more info with what's going on with it.
    keane, TJR345 and PJR832 like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Thanks
    Are your angle cylinder hydraulic quick connects connected properly??
    PJR832 likes this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    01-06-2019 @ 07:14 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BillJanetsky View Post
    So I noticed while plowing last night that the plow will not swivel to the left all the way. i have also noticed a bit of play in the blade. not very stout. any suggestions?
    Angled left is with the cylinder in the fully retracted mode, if memory serves?

Checked for any obstructions?

I'd also completely remove and separate the quick hitch and plow from the tractor, inspect, and remount. Kind of like rebooting a computer -- many times that's all it takes
    TJR345 likes this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    The 54" plow always has a lot of slop it in. Because of the way it's mounted to the QuickHitch and the way the QuickHitch attaches to the machines, there are a lot of "little wiggles" that compound into "big wiggles".
    The problem with the compounded big wiggles is they will just keep getting bigger and sloppier as those pins and slots constantly beat against each other as you are ramming the blade into the snow. Keep in mind that the 54" blade was designed for use on garden tractors and JD just repurposed it for the 1-series and believe it or not the 2-series.
    PJR832 likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    01-06-2019 @ 07:14 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    The problem with the compounded big wiggles is they will just keep getting bigger and sloppier as those pins and slots constantly beat against each other as you are ramming the blade into the snow. Keep in mind that the 54" blade was designed for use on garden tractors and JD just repurposed it for the 1-series and believe it or not the 2-series.
    Well the 1 Series is just a big garden tractor, right?!?
    TJR345 likes this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    ^^^ All 100% true! I've always found it a little ridiculous that the 54" plow is the only option Deere had to offer me to mount on my 2032R. My tractor is way over-powered for that thing. I've already blown up on angling cylinder.
    Drifterbike likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 02:16 PM
    Thanks
    I used to have ice buildup problems with my 445 for angling left. After breaking a fitting off the cylinder I remembered to chip it out before every use.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    ^^^ All 100% true! I've always found it a little ridiculous that the 54" plow is the only option Deere had to offer me to mount on my 2032R. My tractor is way over-powered for that thing. I've already blown up on angling cylinder.
    I do understand what you are saying, although, the actual blade doesn't have anything to do with the angle cylinder. The angle and lift cylinders are mounted in the front hitch which is specific to the tractor.

Like anything that applies leverage, if you push against one end of the blade, you could over pressure the angle cylinder which will blow it out.

JD does not put a cross over or port relief in the angle hydraulic circuit. So, if you push against one end of the blade, even with a 1025R, the leverage applied to the angle cylinder will be extreme. Because there are no port reliefs of cross over reliefs, the excessive pressure has no where to go except to blow out the cylinder.
    If you are using your blade where there is potential to load one end of the blade while pushing with the tractor, like grading dirt or stone, you should pin the blade straight so there won't be any load applied to the angle cylinder.

The same thing can happen if you pry with a bucket and push forward with the tractor, levering the bucket cylinders.
    If you want to prevent the possibility of over pressuring an angle cylinder, you could install one of these.
    Prince Manufacturing Corporation > Products > Hydraulic Valves > Relief > Model DRV
    wentonbrown likes this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ray_PA For This Useful Post:

2mtrucks (03-11-2018)

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    02-02-2019 @ 08:17 AM
    Thanks
    The swivel frame likes to accumulate and pack snow into the crevice area on the plow side of the angle ram. Happens much more frequently when back dragging. I use an old truck tire iron to clean that area out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk
    Al

Swisher T60 trailmower; 2013-05 1025R, H120 FEL, Frontier 48" Box Blade; fixed DBS/FBS; psrumor seat springs; QA plow; suitcase weights; Pihrana tooth bar, Ken's "I'm hooked!" bolt-ons, SpeeCo quick-hitch; Fimco 40gal 3pt sprayer, EMP pallet fork bracket, Artillion 42x3" forks, 3pt boom hoist, 54" quick attach plow

still less tweaks than the motorbike has, but a whole different version of seat time fun at 1/10 the speed.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast