Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Something From Under the Seat of 1025R FILB

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 07:31 PM
    Thanks

Something From Under the Seat of 1025R FILB

3 hours on the new 1025R, and I found the first broken item. This little "adjuster" of sort was keeping my seat from rotating around to the BH position. I unscrewed the end still attached under the seat, but couldn't really tell where the other end was supposed to have lived prior to the bolt shearing off. Anyone know what this is and where it goes?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141005_190541.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	33534

The seat seemed to function fine without it, so I'm wondering if I really need it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Thanks

Warranty item.

I had the same thing break on mine. It's what lifts the seat up when you rotate it and keeps it from raising when it's in the forward position. The only way you can get that part is to buy a $400 assembly, but my dealer warranted it for me at 150 hours. When new, I noticed it was loose, so I tightened it. Even though I had only rotated the seat a couple of times to use the bh, it somehow broke. Because I have an auto repair shop and an infinite amount of tools available to me, they just handed the assembly to me and let me make the exchange myself, so I could do it without having to leave it with them. There's only about 6 bolts that hold everything together, but don't loose any! The ones that attach the assembly to the seat itself are low profile. If you use a regular metric bolt, it'll interfere with the rotating of the seat.
    5304 likes this.
    Just call me Jon, not Myasis Dragon (Hint: My a** is draggin') 2013 1025r FILB (Factory installed loader & Backhoe - 260 & H120), 60D mower w/electric over hydraulic (independent) lift, R4 tires, psrumor's seat springs, Kenny D's bolt-on hooks, bxpanded piranha tooth bar on a 49" bucket and a 61" bucket for snow and light material, County Line post hole digger, County Line landscape rake, counterfeit JD box scraper, homemade 4' x 8' farm wagon, Fimco 30 gallon 3ph sprayer.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Myasis Dragon For This Useful Post:

5304 (10-05-2014)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks Jon!

I did seem to me that the seat raised much easier, I guess this little bugger was bad from the factory. I'll get on the horn with my dealer on Monday morning to have them get me a new one. I am surely guessing it is under warranty since I just took delivery last Friday. Heck, I think I only spun the seat about half a dozen times so far...

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Same failure on my 1026TLB. Seems the seat business is still the same from the 26's to the 25's...? I learned how to work the seat better without it and it won't get fixed until the machine goes dealer for service.

I believe somewhere on this site a while back there was a mention of a factory "repair" number which was supposed to fix this, but I haven't seen it mentioned lately...

The problem for the JD design "team" was the difference in operating height between FEL and BH, a whopping couple of inches. Darn freshman engineer guys assigned to this project spilled ink all over the blueprints.
    5304 likes this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    09-09-2019 @ 09:25 AM
    Thanks
    Had the same part break on mine 2x in the year that i have owned the tractor. The dealer replaced the part under warranty but had a hard time finding the part. Thanks to GTT I found the right part # for them. The link below will show you the seat diagram and part list.
    http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...eat-parts.html
    Last edited by J's deere; 10-05-2014 at 09:35 PM.
    Gizmo2, dieselshadow and 5304 like this.
    Jason
    2013 1025r TLB, 54" MMM auto connect with mulch kit. Gone but not forgotten 2004 x485, 54c mower deck with mulch kit, 45 loader, Ken's bolt on hooks, homemade ballast box

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J's deere For This Useful Post:

5304 (10-05-2014), dieselshadow (10-05-2014)

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J's deere View Post
    Had the same part break on mine 2x in the year that i have owned the tractor. The dealer replaced the part under warranty but had a hard time finding the part. Thanks to GTT I found the right part # for them. The link below will show you the seat diagram and part list.
    http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...eat-parts.html
    This thread was a great read. It seems that I am having the very same experience as others here, and my seat actually lifts and spins better now than it did before this little strut broke. Now I'm wondering if I really want to replace it.

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    12-29-2018 @ 05:03 PM
    Thanks
    I have also had the same part break. I took it in to my dealer and the shop manager knew exactly what it was, he'd seen many beak. I got a new one under warranty. If you bring it in to the dealer, they send back all of the broken parts to JD. Maybe there will be a beefier replacement in the near future?

Mr. Moose
    1026R TLB Born on Nov 13, 2012; adopted Mar 6, 2013
    RC2048 Rotary Cutter, JD 47" Quick-Hitch Snowblower, JD 54" Quick-Hitch Blade, JD 3-pt Trailer Hitch, HLA Pallet Forks, Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch Plate, Superwinch S5000

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Thanks
    Well, wouldn't you know it. The third time I used my new (2nd) seat mechanism and the rod is laying under there, broken again! I think I'm going to redesign a new one using 3/8" threaded rod and a couple of garden tractor tie rod ends. This is ridiculous. In the words of a former co-worker, "It's not rocket surgery!".
    HydroHarold, 5304 and felixm22 like this.
    Just call me Jon, not Myasis Dragon (Hint: My a** is draggin') 2013 1025r FILB (Factory installed loader & Backhoe - 260 & H120), 60D mower w/electric over hydraulic (independent) lift, R4 tires, psrumor's seat springs, Kenny D's bolt-on hooks, bxpanded piranha tooth bar on a 49" bucket and a 61" bucket for snow and light material, County Line post hole digger, County Line landscape rake, counterfeit JD box scraper, homemade 4' x 8' farm wagon, Fimco 30 gallon 3ph sprayer.

13. Top | #9
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 Times in 2,579 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myasis Dragon View Post
    Well, wouldn't you know it. The third time I used my new (2nd) seat mechanism and the rod is laying under there, broken again! I think I'm going to redesign a new one using 3/8" threaded rod and a couple of garden tractor tie rod ends. This is ridiculous. In the words of a former co-worker, "It's not rocket surgery!".
    While I encourage good mods that improve the tractor, I would take the second broken rod in to your dealer so they can report it under warranty.

I could've sworn there was an improved part for this.....
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

14. Top | #10

Last Online
    06-25-2016 @ 08:27 PM
    Thanks

I broke tree litle ends

Quote Originally Posted by Tonton View Post
    Thanks Jon!

I did seem to me that the seat raised much easier, I guess this little bugger was bad from the factory. I'll get on the horn with my dealer on Monday morning to have them get me a new one. I am surely guessing it is under warranty since I just took delivery last Friday. Heck, I think I only spun the seat about half a dozen times so far...
    This time the dealer replaced it with a deferent revised model from Deere hope this one lasts :big thumb:

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast