Will this plow change over and fit 2210 -> 1025r?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Kennyd
  • 2 Post By SulleyBear

Thread: Will this plow change over and fit 2210 -> 1025r?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-25-2019 @ 11:23 PM
    Thanks

Will this plow change over and fit 2210 -> 1025r?

I have the chance to buy a 54" plow that was once on a 2210. I have a 1025r. I know I would need to change the quick hitch plow mount on the tractor side, is there anything else that would need to be changed out? The mount plates on the plow or hoses??

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,454 Times in 1,579 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 96PSD View Post
    I have the chance to buy a 54" plow that was once on a 2210. I have a 1025r. I know I would need to change the quick hitch plow mount on the tractor side, is there anything else that would need to be changed out? The mount plates on the plow or hoses??
    The blade should work fine.. The quick hitch from 2210 will not fit without some modifications and not sure if hoses would be too long or too short.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:31 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,025 Times in 2,507 Posts
    Read this thread and follow the links, as ET wrote the hitch is different: http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ity-chart.html
    etcallhome likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

etcallhome (10-06-2014)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    08-25-2019 @ 11:23 PM
    Thanks
    So if I am reading this right the quick hitch with hydraulic lift will not work with the 1025r that was on the 2210. I also have to get the Attaching Support kit as well, which I assumed from the beginning. The hydraulic angle should be no problem. I thought it would be just the tractor side of the hitch that would need to be changed out.

Oh well, it would seem that $900 would of been a great deal, but now that I have to spend $785 more I am better off buying from scratch at a tune of $1450 or so.

Now I do plan to buy an Artillian fork set-up and could buy the adapter plate and extension hoses for $354 and run it off the loader arms.

Suggestions or comments?

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:19 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 96PSD View Post
    Now I do plan to buy an Artillian fork set-up and could buy the adapter plate and extension hoses for $354 and run it off the loader arms.

Suggestions or comments?
    This
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-27-2016 @ 09:50 AM
    Thanks
    When I sold my 2305, I kept my plow, quick mount, and mounting plates that bolt onto the frame. When I hold the mounting plates up to the 1025r frame, the bolts look like they line up with the bolts on the frame. The only difference being that a semi-circle relief cut will need to be done around another bolt on the frame that wasn't present on the 2305. I measured the hydraulic lines on my plow, and they may be a little too long, which some tie wraps should take care of. Is there some reason this wouldn't work? If not, I need to sell the whole set up, what could I expect to get out of it? Very good condition, and has a polymer cutting edge on the blade to boot. Thanks!
    2014 John Deere 1025r
    John Deere H120 Loader
    60D drive over deck with hydraulic lift
    Femco 40 gallon 3ph Sprayer
    John Deere Ballast Box
    John Deere 54" Plow with Quick Hitch
    Craftsman Plug Aerator
    Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks
    psrumors Custom Seat Springs
    OC Gizmo 2150 lumen LED Lights

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab 4x4 TRD with level lift and aftermarket wheels/tires.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:06 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,395 Posts
    [QUOTE=fpdsniper;159264]When I sold my 2305, I kept my plow, quick mount, and mounting plates that bolt onto the frame. When I hold the mounting plates up to the 1025r frame, the bolts look like they line up with the bolts on the frame. The only difference being that a semi-circle relief cut will need to be done around another bolt on the frame that wasn't present on the 2305.

I measured the hydraulic lines on my plow, and they may be a little too long, which some tie wraps should take care of. Is there some reason this wouldn't work? If not, I need to sell the whole set up, what could I expect to get out of it? Very good condition, and has a polymer cutting edge on the blade to boot. Thanks! [/
    QUOTE]

I assume you are talking about the 54" John Deere plow, is that correct? The plow itself uses a very standard mounting system to attach to the Quick Attach unit, which fits a variety of the quick attach front mounts including both tractors you are talking about. The blade sells new for $515 and that is with the standard metal cutting edge "strap"......(not the polymer cuting edge)

HOWEVER, the quick attach hitch unit is different between the 2305 and the 1025R. According to the John Deere parts catalog, the 2305 quick attach unit is part number is BM20921 and retails for $751.14. Please note this is the basic quick attach unit and the hydraulic angling unit is extra. According to the website catalog, the 2305 unit also fits the 2210 tractor.

The quick attach unit for the 1025R is part number BLV10159 and retails for $820.69. Again, the quick attach unit for this model does not include the hydraulic angling which is extra. The following link is where you can see the source I quoted and also so you can read the additional details and footnotes for these products.

Build Your Own

The resale on the quick attach units is pretty strong, especially this time of year. I would think that the one for your 2305, assuming it includes the hydraulic angling kit is likely worth $500 to $700. Just in case you weren't aware, there is a place on this forum to place items such as your quick attach unit from the 2305 for sale before a captive John Deere enthusist audience.

Please keep in mind that I am not addressing the issue of how to modify the unit from the 2305 to fit the 1025R. Having both the parts and tractor in front of you will answer that question better than I could. My answer is simply based upon the application which Deere lists in their attachment section.

I would also suggest you carefully read the details about these two systems on the Deere website as they list the basic components part numbers and the additional brackets and or pieces you may need for each and this may provide the details you are seeking.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 10-19-2014 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Added clarification
    etcallhome and 5304 like this.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

5304 (10-19-2014)

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements