Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 1025r 3pt noise

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-01-2019 @ 12:44 PM
    Thanks

1025r 3pt noise

Iíve noticed for the past year or so that my 3 point hitch when it reaches the end of the travel when being raised no matter where the lever is set there is a loud grunt or whine noise. It occurs every time I raise an implement or even whenís its unloaded. I feel it started after I installed the independent lift system last year. Since then I have put almost a hundred hours on it and changed the hydro oil and filters. Approximately 280 hours on the clock now. Iím almost almost certain it didnít do this when I bought it new 4 years ago but maybe Iím just noticing it. It is fairly loud and only when it reaches the end of its travel. Any ideas on what could cause this? I donít think it could be air and the oil levels are good. The 3 point functions perfectly, lifts well, fast and holds an implemet without dropping. Its more of a nuisance and hopefully someone has come across this before.
    Thank you, Ryan
    greenharley likes this.
    2013 John Deere 1025r TLB 60" deck, independent lift installed, ballast box, Artillian Forks and blinders, diverter, plow adaptor, 54" snow plow, JD quick hitch with Omni Transformer, 60Ē back blade, 60Ē landscape rake, CT attachments grapple, 2Ē wheel spacers, all of Kennyís goodies, CMP attachments rear dethatcher, MCS 20 dump from seat bagger and powerflo, all of BXpanded goodies. Front and rear chains.
    2001 F350 7.3 diesel mild upgrades
    Previous tractor-2003 GX345

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    09-17-2018 @ 10:19 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mnjdguy View Post
    I’ve noticed for the past year or so that my 3 point hitch when it reaches the end of the travel when being raised no matter where the lever is set there is a loud grunt or whine noise. It occurs every time I raise an implement or even when’s its unloaded. I feel it started after I installed the independent lift system last year. Since then I have put almost a hundred hours on it and changed the hydro oil and filters. Approximately 280 hours on the clock now. I’m almost almost certain it didn’t do this when I bought it new 4 years ago but maybe I’m just noticing it. It is fairly loud and only when it reaches the end of its travel. Any ideas on what could cause this? I don’t think it could be air and the oil levels are good. The 3 point functions perfectly, lifts well, fast and holds an implemet without dropping. Its more of a nuisance and hopefully someone has come across this before.
    Thank you, Ryan
    All I can tell you is mine does that too. Not quite a year old. 27 hrs and it's done it since day one. I ASSUMED it was the position control "putting on the brakes" as I've never had a position control hitch. I'll be interested in what other people have to say
    BigJim55, greenharley and Bumper like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Thanks
    The postion rod on the 3pt needs to be adjusted so it will put the hitch control valve in neutral when raised. What it is doing now is dead heading your hyd system. This will cause loss of power and will heat up your oil quickly. I have seen quite a few not adjusted correctly from the factory.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xcopterdoc For This Useful Post:

CaseIH574†(03-17-2018), martincom†(03-17-2018)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopterdoc View Post
    The postion rod on the 3pt needs to be adjusted so it will put the hitch control valve in neutral when raised. What it is doing now is dead heading your hyd system. This will cause loss of power and will heat up your oil quickly. I have seen quite a few not adjusted correctly from the factory.

That makes since. Definitely sounds like it's almost cavitating. Thanks for the information. Is there a procedure to adjust it?

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris279 View Post
    That makes since. Definitely sounds like it's almost cavitating. Thanks for the information. Is there a procedure to adjust it?
    Look at the parts diagram so you will be able to locate it. You will want to shorten the rod a couple turns at a time until it stops dead heading. Do this without an attachment.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopterdoc View Post

Thank you for the info Iíll check into the adjustment of the rod. If it is out of adjustment would this cause noise at any position or just when itís all the way up? My noise only lasts for a second then it returns to normal operation/sound. And this is at any position I set it to.
    2013 John Deere 1025r TLB 60" deck, independent lift installed, ballast box, Artillian Forks and blinders, diverter, plow adaptor, 54" snow plow, JD quick hitch with Omni Transformer, 60Ē back blade, 60Ē landscape rake, CT attachments grapple, 2Ē wheel spacers, all of Kennyís goodies, CMP attachments rear dethatcher, MCS 20 dump from seat bagger and powerflo, all of BXpanded goodies. Front and rear chains.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 Times in 1,242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mnjdguy View Post
    Thank you for the info Iíll check into the adjustment of the rod. If it is out of adjustment would this cause noise at any position or just when itís all the way up? My noise only lasts for a second then it returns to normal operation/sound. And this is at any position I set it to.
    That does not sound like the feedback rod. Typically a misadjusted feedback rod will only cause a groaning noise when the 3PH is all the way up. In fact, when an adjustment is needed and unable to be performed right away, one of the temporary workarounds is to simply not raise the 3PH all the way up.

If you hear a noise at say the half-way up position I doubt it is the feedback rod.
    dieselshadow and mnjdguy like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    That does not sound like the feedback rod. Typically a misadjusted feedback rod will only cause a groaning noise when the 3PH is all the way up. In fact, when an adjustment is needed and unable to be performed right away, one of the temporary workarounds is to simply not raise the 3PH all the way up.

If you hear a noise at say the half-way up position I doubt it is the feedback rod.
    Ok thank you thatís what I was thinking too. It almost sounds like air trapped in the rock shaft circuit but Iíve put almost 100 hours on it since I installed the independent lift system. I should note that every once in awhile it does sound ďnormalĒ. Perhaps Iíll attempt to post a video of it soon to help show my concern.

Thanks again, Ryan

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:52 PM
    Thanks
    Mine does the same thing. It almost sounds like squeal.

Mine has 38 hours. I also have Independent Lift, but this sound came later.
    Last edited by martincom; 03-17-2018 at 09:56 PM.
    mnjdguy likes this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    I wonder how common this is. Mine also does it at any height. As soon is it stops moving. It lets out a med-high pitch groan for about half a second. Almost like it's "skidding to a stop". Sound like yours too?
    mnjdguy likes this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast