Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: 1025R problems

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    02-16-2017 @ 10:36 PM
    Thanks

1025R problems

Well I stopped by my dealer today to discuss 2 different issues with the service manager. The first issue is the white smoke and very rough running at startup just like a couple recent threads on this site. My dealer said that it is not normal at all and it should be looked at. They feel without looking at it that it's probably a glow plug issue. The second problem is that my 3ph seems to be leaking pressure. When running it seeps down and then jerks up every 15 seconds or so. It was very noticeable this past weekend when I had the tiller attached. It is not as noticable with just the MMM on but it does drop the mower down rather quickly (within 5 minutes) with the engine off. The tractor has 52 hrs on it. This problem seems to have started after my 1st oil change I did last week at 47.5hrs. The dealer was opening a ticket with deere and said they would give me a call later this week to let me know what they find out and schedule a time for me to bring it in. I can't see how the oil change and this could be related unless a piece of metal somehow got stirred up and is where it shouldnt be? I did read a couple older threads on this site with guys that had a similar problem. Any advice would be appreciated. I will follow up after dealing with the dealer. So far they have been great to work with hopefully it stays that way.

Matt

2014 John Deere 1025R
    H120 Loader with 53" Bucket
    54D MMM with auto connect
    JD 3 point receiver hitch
    54" front snow plow
    KK XB 48" Tiller
    TaylorWay 48" Box Blade
    Kk 60" grader blade
    KK 72" landscape rake
    TracVac PTO yard sweeper
    PSRUMORS Upgraded Seat Springs
    Kens Bolt on Hooks
    Forward Lighting Kit (currently turned to the rear)
    BXpanded tooth bar

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:09 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 956 Posts
    Sorry you are having issues. I started mine yesterday after sitting since Friday. It has been much colder at night here the last few days, low 40s to high 30s, I honestly felt sorry for my 1026R, it coughed and smoked so much. Mine is going to the dealer too. Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ColonyPark For This Useful Post:

Nebels deere (10-06-2014)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 07:31 PM
    Thanks
    My new one gave a about 20 seconds of grey/white smoke and sputtered last night when I started it. I thought of you guys here who have posted this issue, and thought I might have to keep a close eye on this.

Dang it, only 3.5 hours on the rig and I already found the broken seat thingamajig, now this?
    G.PUGH and jimmydolittle like this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonton View Post
    My new one gave a about 20 seconds of grey/white smoke and sputtered last night when I started it. I thought of you guys here who have posted this issue, and thought I might have to keep a close eye on this.

Dang it, only 3.5 hours on the rig and I already found the broken seat thingamajig, now this?
    It's frustrating for sure. Honestly if the tractor wasn't such a pleasure to run and work so well I would be a lot more frustrated. All equipment can have things go wrong it's the nature of the beast. We paid a premium price for premium equipment it's my hope that the dealer will now back that up and make everything right. Good luck with yours I'll keep you posted with what I find out.
    ColonyPark and 5304 like this.

2014 John Deere 1025R
    54" front snow plow
    KK XB 48" Tiller
    TaylorWay 48" Box Blade
    Kk 60" grader blade
    KK 72" landscape rake
    TracVac PTO yard sweeper
    Kens Bolt on Hooks
    BXpanded tooth bar

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    05-14-2019 @ 07:05 AM
    Thanks
    My 3 point did the same thing when it had gotten a score in the 3 point cylinder. They had to replace it. Luckily it was under warranty. When you pick it up pull the 3 point lever all the way back and make sure it doesn't go into by pass. Mine sounds like you are dead heading the hydraulics when the lever is all the way back. If I push it forward to the stop it's normal. I need to take it in and have it adjusted. Just haven't had a chance. No issues since then.

Early 2012 1026R with H120 and 60" auto connect MMM

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 636mullet View Post
    My 3 point did the same thing when it had gotten a score in the 3 point cylinder. They had to replace it. Luckily it was under warranty. When you pick it up pull the 3 point lever all the way back and make sure it doesn't go into by pass. Mine sounds like you are dead heading the hydraulics when the lever is all the way back. If I push it forward to the stop it's normal. I need to take it in and have it adjusted. Just haven't had a chance. No issues since then.

How involved of a process was that? How long did it take them to complete the repair. I am tempted to wait until I am done with grass and leaves for the year to take it in if use will not cause more damage. I have a couple customers I agreed to take on their leaves this fall and can't afford to be weeks without the tractor.

2014 John Deere 1025R
    54" front snow plow
    KK XB 48" Tiller
    TaylorWay 48" Box Blade
    Kk 60" grader blade
    KK 72" landscape rake
    TracVac PTO yard sweeper
    Kens Bolt on Hooks
    BXpanded tooth bar

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    05-14-2019 @ 07:05 AM
    Thanks
    The part was a 1/2 day swap originally. Mine was trouble because the new unit didn't have the proper "timing" marks and had to be replaced a second time. It was a day to take apart and a day to get original part. Should have been it. Had to wait another day for 2nd lift cylinder and then another day to replace the 2nd time. It ended up being a week instead of a couple days..

Early 2012 1026R with H120 and 60" auto connect MMM

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 636mullet For This Useful Post:

Nebels deere (10-06-2014)

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks

Back in Business!

Just an updated to this thread. I dropped the tractor off at the dealer Monday afternoon. They gave me a call on Tuesday and said that the issue with smoke and rough startup is normal for that motor. He said they opened a dtac with Deere and they were told the symptoms were considered normal. They did test my glowplug operation and found them to be working properly. The service manager suggested it may be a bad batch of fuel and to keep an eye on it and let them know if it gets any worse. He suggested I try fuel from a different location or try an additive. Does anyone have a recommendation of which additive is the best to use?

I have been running low sulfer normal on road diesel as per my salesman when I purchased the machine. Does anyone use off road diesel?

On the hydraulic 3pt drooping issue the dealer ran their pressure tests and determined the rockshaft control valve was leaking internally and replaced the entire unit. They told me on Tuesday they would have it done before the weekend, but to my surprise they called this morning and told me it was ready for pick up. I did pick it up after work today and it works great. I ran it for a couple hours mulching and sweeping leaves.

Overall it was a positive experience again with my dealer. I hope I dont need them again anytime soon but its good to know they are very good to work with if a problem does arise.
    Gizmo2, ColonyPark, Levi and 1 others like this.

2014 John Deere 1025R
    54" front snow plow
    KK XB 48" Tiller
    TaylorWay 48" Box Blade
    Kk 60" grader blade
    KK 72" landscape rake
    TracVac PTO yard sweeper
    Kens Bolt on Hooks
    BXpanded tooth bar

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Thanks
    Great news, glad you're back in business and your dealer earned a few good points in your book.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 07:38 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebels deere View Post
    Just an updated to this thread. I dropped the tractor off at the dealer Monday afternoon. They gave me a call on Tuesday and said that the issue with smoke and rough startup is normal for that motor. He said they opened a dtac with Deere and they were told the symptoms were considered normal. They did test my glowplug operation and found them to be working properly. The service manager suggested it may be a bad batch of fuel and to keep an eye on it and let them know if it gets any worse. He suggested I try fuel from a different location or try an additive. Does anyone have a recommendation of which additive is the best to use?

I have been running low sulfer normal on road diesel as per my salesman when I purchased the machine. Does anyone use off road diesel?

On the hydraulic 3pt drooping issue the dealer ran their pressure tests and determined the rockshaft control valve was leaking internally and replaced the entire unit. They told me on Tuesday they would have it done before the weekend, but to my surprise they called this morning and told me it was ready for pick up. I did pick it up after work today and it works great. I ran it for a couple hours mulching and sweeping leaves.

Overall it was a positive experience again with my dealer. I hope I dont need them again anytime soon but its good to know they are very good to work with if a problem does arise.
    The difference between "Road Diesel" Vs "Off Road Diesel" is the Red Die and the Taxs attached to it. There are a few good diesel fuel additives available..... I use Power Service. I had trouble with a brand new Cummins which smoked pretty bad..... Power Service in a few tanks of fuel finally cleared the smoke. I run it now every now and then to keep all my Diesels running smooth.
    etcallhome and Levi like this.
    2017 Ford F350, 6.7, DRW, 4x4.

1026R with block heater and Curtis Cab, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks combo, 54" Front Mount snow blower, 60" MMM, H-120 FEL, Ballast Box, 100Lbs wheel weights, BB2048, sprayer with 7' boom, Front Mount HeavyHitch, John Deere tow behind spreader, 260 Backhoe With BXPanded Thumbs, Bro-Tek 1.5" Spacers.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HouseMouse For This Useful Post:

Nebels deere (10-17-2014)

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast