Anybody have cozy cab hard side on 1025r?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Anybody have cozy cab hard side on 1025r?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-21-2019 @ 08:32 AM
    Thanks

Anybody have cozy cab hard side on 1025r?

Thinking of getting cozy cab for 1025r just purchased, salesman said there is just 8 bolts and a quick disconnect for heater and cab can be taken off in a half hours time. WOndering if anyone has experience with taken cab on and off as I dont want to have cab for summer work. Any pictures would be great.. Also wondering how visibility is and how small cab seems when sitting in it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    07-12-2019 @ 09:39 AM
    Thanks
    They look really nice and are roomy even for me (300+).

Van Wall has a new Cozy cab on a new 1026r (yes, never sold prior model, was used by Cozy cab for a demo and ended up sitting at one of the Van Wall locations) sitting on their lot in Nevada, Iowa. I have looked at several times. If you are in SW Minn, it wouldn't be that long of drive to be able to look at one.

From what I looked at, the Cozy cab is much nicer than the Curtis cab.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Thanks
    I am looking at getting one too.

I live 5 miles from where they are made and have had the opportunity to see them at the factory. They are very very nice. My dad had a 72' jd 140 with a cozy on it and now has a curtis on an x7xx series. The curtis is nice but the cozy is a lot nicer in my opinion. If you call cozy cab ask for Tom, he is in PR and is very helpful. He told me to save the pallet that the cab comes with for summer storage. He also said that the light remount kit and the quick disconnect hose kit are no brainer add ons. The visability and fit & finish are way better than the curtis my dad has.

I'm curious what people are seeing for pricing? I tried to wrap it in on the financing of my 1025r but since it wasn't deere they wouldn't do it. Most of qoutes I got were $5000 inclds the heater. Which is the only reason I don't have one.

There was one sitting right behind my tractor when I went to pick mine up, was a little bit of a buzz kill. I think it was a city that bought it for snowblowing. See attached.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1412824360340.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	33660Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1412824382849.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	33661Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1412824406602.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	33662
    PAST: 13' X738, 87' 318, 72' 140 (wish I still had all of them)
    PRESENT: 1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, 47" QH blower, Case 52" tiller, FIMCO Sprayer, Ballast Box, Subsoiler, springs & hooks
    FUTURE: Forks, Cab, Quick Hitch Blade

5. The Following User Says Thank You to weekend warrior For This Useful Post:

jhays (02-17-2017)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies and pics, I did talk to Tom at the factory, he explained the same things to me as well.. He was the one that said could have it off and on in a half hour. He called my dealer directly to set up pricing and talk with them on installing. I really would like cab just wonder if its over kill for the amount I will use it snowblowing. I am sure when its -15 and windy here in SW Mn it would be worth it Is it fairly air tight, can the heater keep up? Wondering on cab noise as well.

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    04-08-2016 @ 07:34 PM
    Thanks
    I have a Cozy cab for my 1025r and I love it !!! I thought about taking it off for the summer but I was limited on time and a place to store it in the summer so I took the does off and it worked great. As far as overkill if your doing any amount of snow blowing is worth the money. I especially like the fact that I don't have to dress up to use it for snow blowing.....I only wear a light jacket and I don't get all full of snow.

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    That's a good looking cab but $5K??? Jeez. Not sure if I've ever been THAT cold.
    -Scott-

2014 1025R - 60D 7-Iron MMM, H120 53" FEL/Ballast Box, Ken's hooks and Piranha toothbar, BB2048L Boxblade, 54" snowblade Quick-tatch w/full hydraulic lift/tilt.

You don't have to outrun the bear......just the other campers

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sstlaure For This Useful Post:

Bjw710g (10-16-2014)

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:58 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,578 Posts
    The hard cabs are very nice and at a very nice price. I would love to have any of those cabs but at the $4-5500 range just a little out of my league.
    I've had a Original Cab ,with windshield, and electric wiper for going on 12 yrs. For the cost of the Original cab , with windshield, el wiper and a new heater with some parts missing, been able to play in the snow ,I mean plow or blow snow in a sweatshirt and no gloves after the first few minutes.
    I've always been able to sell the old ones for around $500. I've been able to leave the cab frame on year around, I have a make shift overhead radio ,so I can leave it on the tractor year around. Same for the heater it is on the right side of tractor it stays on year around. No disconnecting wiper, cab lights, radio or heater. Just remove the windshield , doors, and unsnap the front and rear curtain. All total maybe 30 mins, yes at times you may get a little snow inside the cab and temperature will drop at times because of the wind .

For those buying the hard cabs ,,,,congratulations and I will think I need one of those and then I think of the $2-4000 more !!
    Just my 2 cents.
    Superglidesport likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by srtjrt4141 View Post
    Thanks for the replies and pics, I did talk to Tom at the factory, he explained the same things to me as well.. He was the one that said could have it off and on in a half hour. He called my dealer directly to set up pricing and talk with them on installing. I really would like cab just wonder if its over kill for the amount I will use it snowblowing. I am sure when its -15 and windy here in SW Mn it would be worth it Is it fairly air tight, can the heater keep up? Wondering on cab noise as well.
    srtjrt4141, where are you at in SW MN? Maybe we should get together for a group buy! We could have an install party. Cozy doesn't give pricing, that is up to the dealers and prices have varied by $1000 between dealers.

I'm thinking the same thing, is it overkill? I will say this, don't test drive one becuase once you blow snow with a heated cab you will have fits (like I am now) until you go buy one. Another thing to mention is, have you ever seen a hard side cab (for any little tractor) for sale? If you do they are on craigslist for about $3500+. Shoot, 25+ year old cabs for my 318 were going for $1500-1700 around here, I wonder what those guys paid for them new?

I can't speak to the air tightness of the new cozy except that I sat in the one I posted a picture of, sounded like a car door shutting - solid. My dad is close to 70 now and stores his unit in a heated shop, he and my 4 year old nephew are in his curtis (with heater) without sweatshirts and my nephew falls asleep.... The only thing that is even remotely uncomfortable is the 'bounce' you get from the tires chains on the driveway. Most of the noise is from the blower and not the engine (gasser model).

For everyone down south -let me help put into perspective. Last year I was wore all of my snowmobile clothes, helmet included , to blow out the driveway in the dark. It was so cold that my 2 labs watched from the heated garage
    mjncad likes this.
    PRESENT: 1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, 47" QH blower, Case 52" tiller, FIMCO Sprayer, Ballast Box, Subsoiler, springs & hooks

13. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Ended up ordering cozy cab for new 1025r, won't be in till December so others must be buying them as well. Hopefully won't get any snow or cold weather till after it arrives.. Will post some pics when it is installed.

14. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by srtjrt4141 View Post
    Ended up ordering cozy cab for new 1025r, won't be in till December so others must be buying them as well. Hopefully won't get any snow or cold weather till after it arrives.. Will post some pics when it is installed.

Did you ever get your cab installed? I'm still drooling.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast