Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: I'm ready for leaf season

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-10-2019 @ 06:45 AM
    Thanks

I'm ready for leaf season

I figured out how to attach my cyclone rake to my 1025r last year. I wanted to post the pics but ran out of time. so here they are now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20141009_112856.jpg   20141009_112916.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:03 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,940 Times in 2,904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bkelsey View Post
    i figured out how to attach my cyclone rake to my 1025r last year. I wanted to post the pics but ran out of time. So here they are now.
    nice!
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 08:28 AM
    Thanks
    Sweet setup.
    2011 JD 2520, 200CX FEL, iMatch Quick Hitch, 48" JD Box Scraper, 54" JD FM Snowblower, Artillian 36" Forks w/Backrest, Frontier PHD200, Woods RM59 Finish Mower & Heavy Hitch

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    I can't even imagine how many times I'd need to empty that sucker across my 5 acres. I just chop them up and put them back into the soil as fertilizer.

Not ideal, but gets the job done. Looks like a nice set-up you've got there.
    etcallhome likes this.
    -Scott-

2014 1025R - 60D 7-Iron MMM, H120 53" FEL/Ballast Box, Ken's hooks and Piranha toothbar, BB2048L Boxblade, 54" snowblade Quick-tatch w/full hydraulic lift/tilt.

You don't have to outrun the bear......just the other campers

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    03-16-2016 @ 02:58 PM
    Thanks
    Here is my 318 all ready for the fall leafs season to start............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0213.jpg   IMAG0214.jpg  
    grnspot110, Vern1026R and Levi like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,058 Times in 2,223 Posts
    These are nice setups. But - I've never touched a leaf in the 20 years I've lived here with my 3 acres of mowable lawn. I just don't see why to bother - in the spring after the snow melt they have all disappeared.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:17 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 957 Posts
    I really like to chop them up and add them to the gardens for mulch and to the compost pile as well. I use the power flow bagger on my 185 for this. Unfortunately, up on this hill, the wind usually beats me to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ColonyPark For This Useful Post:

fuelhog2000 (10-10-2014)

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:06 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,395 Posts

Good Looking Set up.

Quote Originally Posted by bkelsey View Post
    I figured out how to attach my cyclone rake to my 1025r last year. I wanted to post the pics but ran out of time. so here they are now.
    Looks great! If you get the opportunity, it would be nice to see some photos up close of the attachment area on the back of your tractor. I am curious what modifications you had to make to the bracketry and how the modifications were done.

Thanks!

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    On the topic of leaf clean up projects, I am in the process of using the center mounting section from a 54" JD snowplow, specifically the bracketry where the plow attaches to the Quik Attach unit on the front of my 455, and I am attaching those brackets to my large, heavy walk behind leaf blower.

I have one of the metal housing wheel blowers with a 13hp gas engine which spins the large metal flywheel, that I am adapting so that I can mount it to the front of my tractor using the Quik Attach unit intended for plows, blowers and rotary brooms. This way I can angle the blower from side to side as well as lifting it up and down as the leaf pile gets deep right from the tractor seat.

The wheel blower is difficult to push up and down hills in the lawn, because of it's weight and it's smaller than ideal inflated tires (3 total, one front and two rear). If I have this figured out correctly, I shouldn't have to make the front tire on the wheel blower like a caster wheel. Right now the wheel is fixed in place.

My plan is for the leaf blower to "float" above the lawn, supported by the Quik Attach unit, instead of actually having the tires of the blower on the ground. This way, I can rotate and turn the tractor as sharp as I want without having the blower skidding on the ground or the front tire damaging the surface. I may even remove the wheels all together, if my "back of the napkin engineering" works out.

I cut the 54" snowplow apart with a plasma cutter and welded the ends of the plow onto another 54" JD plow I already owned. The result is a 7'3" wide snowplow which works great. Now I am using the quick mount bracketry from the plow I chopped apart to mount on this walk behind blower.

I will post pictures as soon as I am done. If it works as intended, it should be very handy. What would we do without these custom modification projects?
    Levi and OxPath like this.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansas John Deere View Post
    Here is my 318 all ready for the fall leafs season to start............
    It looks like a "Welcome to the Forum" is in order! I noticed this is your first post, but it appears you have been a forum member for some time......

Nice looking unit. I use the MC cart on the back of my 455 with a 60" deck and it is a tremendous time saver.

I use the "Gator Blades" or the "High Lift" blades and the additional suction they create under the deck really makes a difference. Plus those blades tend to chop the grass clipping and leaves into even smaller pieces, which is ideal.

Great Set up!
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 10-09-2014 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Added clarifying information
    Levi likes this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast