1025R and power flow bagger issues
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 1025R and power flow bagger issues

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:27 AM
    Location
    Red Deer County, AB
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    1025R and power flow bagger issues

    Hello I have a 1025R with the 60D auto connect deck and just got the power flow bagger for it, install was a breeze and was trying it out today, the gras was a little long (I was cutting 3" off of 6" of grass) and I couldn't go anywhere near regular mowing speeds (I was crawling through the grass) and the fan and part of the deck that leads to the fan keeps plugging up. Also the manual says the bag farthest from the chute should fill first and then the middle and then the one under the chute last (it even advises that the bag under the chute could be difficult to fill cause of its location) but the middle bag and the bag under the chute fill up just fine but the farthest bag never gets more than 1/4 full.

    Any advice on what I can do to remedy the clog and the issue of the one bag not filling up?

    Thank you.

    Corey

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    cheesetrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:52 AM
    Location
    Beaver Dam, WI
    Posts
    1,895
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 170 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey9212 View Post
    Hello I have a 1025R with the 60D auto connect deck and just got the power flow bagger for it, install was a breeze and was trying it out today, the gras was a little long (I was cutting 3" off of 6" of grass) and I couldn't go anywhere near regular mowing speeds (I was crawling through the grass) and the fan and part of the deck that leads to the fan keeps plugging up. Also the manual says the bag farthest from the chute should fill first and then the middle and then the one under the chute last (it even advises that the bag under the chute could be difficult to fill cause of its location) but the middle bag and the bag under the chute fill up just fine but the farthest bag never gets more than 1/4 full.

    Any advice on what I can do to remedy the clog and the issue of the one bag not filling up?

    Thank you.

    Corey
    I have the same setup on my 1025r and I've mowed a few times cutting long grass. I usually mow at about 3.5 to 3.75". Last time I mowed at 2.5. Yes you have to go slow, but I also noticed that the order of fill is irrelevant when cutting grass that long. I'd have the fill indicator show full, open the hopper to find the middle bag heaped but the others half full. However the end of the chute would have a large clump of grass that tripped the indicator. I dumped the bags over 40 times last time I mowed.

    I never had the actual fan plug up however. That to me would indicate that you may need to make two passes over the lawn. Instead of cutting 3" off in one pass, make two passes taking 1.5" off each time. You could always go slower, but if it was like mine last time, I couldn't go any slower and still technically being going forward.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to cheesetrain For This Useful Post:

    bmpbell (04-30-2016)

  5. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:27 AM
    Location
    Red Deer County, AB
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesetrain View Post
    I have the same setup on my 1025r and I've mowed a few times cutting long grass. I usually mow at about 3.5 to 3.75". Last time I mowed at 2.5. Yes you have to go slow, but I also noticed that the order of fill is irrelevant when cutting grass that long. I'd have the fill indicator show full, open the hopper to find the middle bag heaped but the others half full. However the end of the chute would have a large clump of grass that tripped the indicator. I dumped the bags over 40 times last time I mowed.

    I never had the actual fan plug up however. That to me would indicate that you may need to make two passes over the lawn. Instead of cutting 3" off in one pass, make two passes taking 1.5" off each time. You could always go slower, but if it was like mine last time, I couldn't go any slower and still technically being going forward.
    That's exactly what I'm seeing, when the grass is shorter will it get better flow wise and fill wise? There is some spots I'm just like you if I went any slower I'd be at a stand still (I'm sure snails were circling me laughing at me) for $3000 you would think they would have designed the bagger better

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  7. Top | #4
    Randy Lang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Online
    07-30-2018 @ 08:52 AM
    Location
    Bismarck ND
    Posts
    442
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 68 Times in 47 Posts
    Corey,

    Sorry you are frustrated with the setup. To be accurate, the bagger isn't what is causing you trouble. Its actually the deck. In order to be able to "drive over" the D Decks, they make them very slim. In doing that, they sacrificed alot of air flow, which is what you need to provide lift for the cut and flow for the material.

    The bags not filling is just an air flow issue. When conditions are right, it will pack all 3 bags, the hopper top, and the chute if you let it go!

    Maybe cut a little less length and more often. If the grass gets out of hand, remove the power flow, blow the grass out and come back an hour later for pickup. You will be able to mow at road speeds! Keep your engine rpm high to get better air flow.

    If the grass is really tall, don't be afraid to take a little less than a full pass. If you allow maybe a quarter of the deck to run in the already cut area, you greatly increase its air intake. Even though you are cutting less area, you can have better ground speed and it seems alot less frustrating!

    Just like any piece of equipment, once you get used to the "quirks" it will be a lot smoother!

    Best of luck!
    lfb1026r and Levi like this.
    2007 JD 2520

    62d Deck, 14 Bushel Material Collection System, I-Match Quickhitch, Independant Lift, 200cx Loader, 47" Front-Mount Snow Blower, 14k KW 3-point Genetaror, 60 Gallon 3-point Sprayer, 655 3-point tiller, 60" 3-point Blade

    See how to connect your JD Material Collection System directly to the I-Match!!! Check this out! http://www.jamisonbryce.com/

  8. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:27 AM
    Location
    Red Deer County, AB
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lang View Post
    Corey,

    Sorry you are frustrated with the setup. To be accurate, the bagger isn't what is causing you trouble. Its actually the deck. In order to be able to "drive over" the D Decks, they make them very slim. In doing that, they sacrificed alot of air flow, which is what you need to provide lift for the cut and flow for the material.

    The bags not filling is just an air flow issue. When conditions are right, it will pack all 3 bags, the hopper top, and the chute if you let it go!

    Maybe cut a little less length and more often. If the grass gets out of hand, remove the power flow, blow the grass out and come back an hour later for pickup. You will be able to mow at road speeds! Keep your engine rpm high to get better air flow.

    If the grass is really tall, don't be afraid to take a little less than a full pass. If you allow maybe a quarter of the deck to run in the already cut area, you greatly increase its air intake. Even though you are cutting less area, you can have better ground speed and it seems alot less frustrating!

    Just like any piece of equipment, once you get used to the "quirks" it will be a lot smoother!

    Best of luck!
    Thank you for the information and explination, that makes perfect sense and I will give it a try as I got 3 acres to mow still (mix of tall grass and leaves) makes me tempted to pull the bags off and pull a trailer and let the powerflow dump into the trailer, lol.

  9. Top | #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:27 AM
    Location
    Red Deer County, AB
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Here's a few pics of my little deere
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    etcallhome and Levi like this.

  10. Top | #7
    cheesetrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:52 AM
    Location
    Beaver Dam, WI
    Posts
    1,895
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 170 Times in 146 Posts
    I mowed part of my yard with the bagger on early this afternoon. Mowing at about 2.25" I was able to cruise along in low range, wide open throttle, with the forward pedal fully depressed. Filled bags to the top each time. As Randy said it's an air flow issue. It's also a length issue. Cutting off 3" in out shot is a bit much. I'd still suggest making two passes if it's that long


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

  11. Top | #8
    SulleyBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:10 PM
    Location
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Posts
    6,909
    Thanks
    1,394
    Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,383 Posts
    I have found that if you are having any trouble with the power flow unit plugging up or even the chute to or the bagger it is almost always

    A. The grass is too long and the clippings are heavy;

    or

    B. The grass has moisture from irrigation, rain or dew. Maybe not on the surface, but a little moisture will gum things up in a hurry.

    If either of those are happening, I will cut the grass without the bagger and then cross cut it at 90 degrees to the first cut within an hour or so of finishing and collect the grass at that time. Often, by time I finish cutting the first cut, things have dried out enought that when I put the collection cart back on the tractor and restart mowing at the opposite angle, it works great. Also, you can travel at a normal mowing speed when using this approach, which I prefer.

    A guy down the road has a new 720 Deere with the 54" deck. If his grass clippings are on his yard after he mows he will often ask me to run the MC Cart and Power Flow over his yard and he offers to pay $$, which works for both of us. He doesn't have room to store a collection system and he doesn't want to spend the money to buy one when he can pay me to take care of it for him a couple times a year. He mows 2 acres.

    I would also strongly encourage the use of "Gator Blades" or something similar. These are the blades which have the "wings" across from the cutting edge. They also have a tungsten strip on the cutting edge and they hold a nice cutting edge for a long time.

    They are not a "original equipment" item as far as I know but Oregon makes a wide range of applications for Deere products. These blades chop the grass into smaller clippings and they also stand the grass up nicely when cutting it. The finished result is noticably better cut.

    Changing the direction of your mowing every week also tends to make picking up the clippings easier and it eliminates the "ruts" in the lawn from driving in the same direction every time you mow.

    One of my neighbors mows precisely the same way each week and he mows in a circular pattern, which is not conducive to a nice finished cut. When cutting on a sharp corner, the outer edge of the deck is traveling at a different speed than the inner portion of the deck on the corner and the outer grass is not cut as cleanly as if you are going straight.

    Granted, there are times when we need to turn but to intentionally always being going in a circular pattern seems unnecessary. Of course this same neighbor can't figure out how to re-engage his mower whenever he backs up so he waits until going forward to restart his deck. One odd fellow for sure.

    I like those nice straight lines back and forth, going a different direction every time I cut. It looks like a major league baseball field when I am done.

    One last thing, I reach back and touch the top portion of my bagger (mine is the MC519 Cart) to determine how full it really is with clippings. You can feel the firmness of the bags or cart as it fills with clippings.

    Also, you can put your hand on the chute from the power flow unit to the baggers and you can feel the air and clippings going thru it.

    If you are mowing and the bags feel full and you can't feel the air and clipping going thru the chute, you will soon be taking the chute off and opening the power flow unit up from the deck to clean it out from being plugged. If your power flow unit is plugged, pull the chute out of the power flow unit, take the belt off and swing it on the bracket away from the deck and clean out the power flow where it attaches to the deck chute, then spin the impeller backwards by hand by reaching in and it will back out all of the plugged grass. Sometimes, you will need to tap the chute on the ground to get all of the grass out of it as it can pack in there very tightly.

    It's best to keep checking the collection system with reaching back while using it. You will get very good at feeling when it is near full and time to empty before having to take things apart and clean out packed tight grass.
    Green Man, Levi and lindsey97 like this.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

    lindsey97 (07-26-2017)

  13. Top | #9
    Registered User tractorslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    09-29-2016 @ 08:29 PM
    Location
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Posts
    584
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 175 Times in 95 Posts
    Be sure to have your deck at at least 4" high. You could try a high lift blade. Be sure the hopper fame in on straight and the chute opening is positioned correctly.
    Levi likes this.

  14. Top | #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:27 AM
    Location
    Red Deer County, AB
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    I have found that if you are having any trouble with the power flow unit plugging up or even the chute to or the bagger it is almost always

    A. The grass is too long and the clippings are heavy;

    or

    B. The grass has moisture from irrigation, rain or dew. Maybe not on the surface, but a little moisture will gum things up in a hurry.

    If either of those are happening, I will cut the grass without the bagger and then cross cut it at 90 degrees to the first cut within an hour or so of finishing and collect the grass at that time. Often, by time I finish cutting the first cut, things have dried out enought that when I put the collection cart back on the tractor and restart mowing at the opposite angle, it works great. Also, you can travel at a normal mowing speed when using this approach, which I prefer.

    A guy down the road has a new 720 Deere with the 54" deck. If his grass clippings are on his yard after he mows he will often ask me to run the MC Cart and Power Flow over his yard and he offers to pay $$, which works for both of us. He doesn't have room to store a collection system and he doesn't want to spend the money to buy one when he can pay me to take care of it for him a couple times a year. He mows 2 acres.

    I would also strongly encourage the use of "Gator Blades" or something similar. These are the blades which have the "wings" across from the cutting edge. They also have a tungsten strip on the cutting edge and they hold a nice cutting edge for a long time.

    They are not a "original equipment" item as far as I know but Oregon makes a wide range of applications for Deere products. These blades chop the grass into smaller clippings and they also stand the grass up nicely when cutting it. The finished result is noticably better cut.

    Changing the direction of your mowing every week also tends to make picking up the clippings easier and it eliminates the "ruts" in the lawn from driving in the same direction every time you mow.

    One of my neighbors mows precisely the same way each week and he mows in a circular pattern, which is not conducive to a nice finished cut. When cutting on a sharp corner, the outer edge of the deck is traveling at a different speed than the inner portion of the deck on the corner and the outer grass is not cut as cleanly as if you are going straight.

    Granted, there are times when we need to turn but to intentionally always being going in a circular pattern seems unnecessary. Of course this same neighbor can't figure out how to re-engage his mower whenever he backs up so he waits until going forward to restart his deck. One odd fellow for sure.

    I like those nice straight lines back and forth, going a different direction every time I cut. It looks like a major league baseball field when I am done.

    One last thing, I reach back and touch the top portion of my bagger (mine is the MC519 Cart) to determine how full it really is with clippings. You can feel the firmness of the bags or cart as it fills with clippings.

    Also, you can put your hand on the chute from the power flow unit to the baggers and you can feel the air and clippings going thru it.

    If you are mowing and the bags feel full and you can't feel the air and clipping going thru the chute, you will soon be taking the chute off and opening the power flow unit up from the deck to clean it out from being plugged. If your power flow unit is plugged, pull the chute out of the power flow unit, take the belt off and swing it on the bracket away from the deck and clean out the power flow where it attaches to the deck chute, then spin the impeller backwards by hand by reaching in and it will back out all of the plugged grass. Sometimes, you will need to tap the chute on the ground to get all of the grass out of it as it can pack in there very tightly.

    It's best to keep checking the collection system with reaching back while using it. You will get very good at feeling when it is near full and time to empty before having to take things apart and clean out packed tight grass.
    I've read about those gator blades, I've been looking around to see where I can find a set for my mower locally, do you know the model number or size of blades I would need?

  15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •