Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 1025 electrical issue

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    03-25-2018 @ 11:34 AM
    Thanks

1025 electrical issue

Had the 1025 for a couple years without issues. Used it all winter, went to start it this morning and seems to be some sort of electrical issue. Disconnected and reconnected the battery without help. https://youtu.be/5PzlxHT_lxo

Any thoughts, checked battery reads ok via voltmeter, and all the fuses seem fine.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tvanderhorst View Post
    Had the 1025 for a couple years without issues. Used it all winter, went to start it this morning and seems to be some sort of electrical issue. Disconnected and reconnected the battery without help. https://youtu.be/5PzlxHT_lxo

Any thoughts, checked battery reads ok via voltmeter, and all the fuses seem fine.

Thanks
    When you say it reads okay with a volt meter, what was the reading? Did you measure the voltage while turning the key?

Do you have any way to load test the battery? If not, measure the voltage with the ignition on and turning the key to the start position. Let us know your findings.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:17 AM
    Thanks
    Looks like a dead battery

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Ray_PA and jimmylh like this.
    1025r FILB, 47" Snowblower, Front Blade, Quick Hitch

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    05-06-2018 @ 11:21 AM
    Thanks
    Charge the battery and see what happens. If it won't take a charge you may need to replace the battery. Fully charged good battery should show about 13 +volts.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseIH574 View Post
    Charge the battery and see what happens. If it won't take a charge you may need to replace the battery. Fully charged good battery should show about 13 +volts.
    The OP stated that he's used the tractor all winter so it's not like it's been sitting around. Good batteries don't normally just go dead unless you've left the lights on, key on, etc. Without exception every wet cell battery I've ever had that suddenly went dead ended up being bad.
    Ray_PA and coaltrain like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Thanks
    Does your tractor have a PTO over ride switch? My tractor won't start if the PTO Switch is pulled up/on just a thought because you said the battery was reading good voltage and not engaging the starter at all? It has to be off and in my seat except I By-passed the seat switch to much of a hassle to deal with I need to sit/stand up to often while it is running to see the forks and such while moving.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Thanks
    Start with removing the battery cables and cleaning the cable ends and posts with a post cleaner brush, made for that purpose. They sell them just about any place that even has basic auto supplies. If you have by chance replaced a cable post clamp with one of those universal clamp on wire type, they are notorious for corroding up between the cable wire and the clamp.

Will it start if you jump it from you vehicle?
    JD4044M likes this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Thanks
    As others have said, it is definitely a battery issue. Terminals corroded, battery needs charged or battery is no good.

I would approach the repair in that order. Check the terminals first, then try to charge the battery. It it holds a charge and it starts, you battery may be ok. The test will be if it stays charged until you use it the next time.

The best is charge it and take it to an auto parts store (call them first) to get it load tested.
    keane likes this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    The best is charge it and take it to an auto parts store (call them first) to get it load tested.
    Just be careful to avoid this:

Me: Can you please load test my battery
    Clerk: Sure... Yep! The battery is bad
    Me: Umm... shouldn't the test leads be connected to the battery?

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Thanks
    I've seen all sorts of weird battery fails, and you would swear they had to be good. That is until under a load. I once drove to the store and when I came out to leave, all it would do is click the solenoid. The dang thing died that quick and with no prior warnings like slow cranking before hand. At first I refused to believe it could be the battery, did all the normal cleaning, wiggling etc, but yep, it was the battery. Another time I bought a trolling motor battery at K-mart back in the 80's. It was a brand name(can't remember now), the kind with a glowing green eye so you could see if it was charged. I charged it, green eye good, would not work. Took it back for an exchange. Same thing. I took it back again and the sales dude thought I was some sort of a dummy. Got a refund after some arguing with them not wanting to give me my money back. Went somewhere else and bought a battery of another brand and it worked just fine. Must have been a bad batch.
    keane likes this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast