Like Tree20Likes

Thread: New Delivery Tomorrow

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-22-2019 @ 03:45 PM
    Thanks

New Delivery Tomorrow

Hi Everyone,

I really appreciate all the valuable information on this site. Thank You!

One quick question, I have a 1025r, 60" Mid Mount Mower and 54" Front end loader coming tomorrow - but I have one question - I think that the ballast box wasnt included - is this something that should be there? I don't have immediate plans for the front loader but I want to make sure if its supposed to be there from the dealer that I get it.. thoughts/opinions?

Thanks,
    Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    04-13-2019 @ 09:07 AM
    Thanks
    I don't believe that it comes with a ballast box unless you ordered one.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your new tractor!
    2013 1025R FILB, 60" MMM with Autoconnect and Independent Lift, 48" Priefert Box Blade

4. The Following User Says Thank You to krock918316 For This Useful Post:

JimL243 (10-24-2014)

5. Top | #3
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,296 Times in 2,584 Posts

Thumbs up Welcome to GTT!

The ballast box won't come with the tractor. They usually come with the loader unless the dealer chooses to order the loader without it. It's optional to have it come without it and save a few dollars. A lot of dealers won't order a loader without a ballast box. Either way, the basic tractor doesn't include the ballast box.
    Gizmo2 and Levi like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dieselshadow For This Useful Post:

JimL243 (10-24-2014)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 07:31 PM
    Thanks

When I bought the 1023E with the H120 FEL, it came with the ballast box. I never thought twice about it until I just looked at the original paperwork from the dealer. I did buy the ballast box separately. It was only about $150, so no big deal really, but I was under the impression all this time that it came with the loader.

Just order one. They most likely have one there at the dealership and will bring it with the tractor tomorrow. $150 is a small price to pay for the insurance you incur by having one.
    Last edited by 5304; 10-16-2014 at 07:26 PM. Reason: fixd spellin
    Levi and SulleyBear like this.

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    09-22-2019 @ 09:24 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL243 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I really appreciate all the valuable information on this site. Thank You!

One quick question, I have a 1025r, 60" Mid Mount Mower and 54" Front end loader coming tomorrow - but I have one question - I think that the ballast box wasnt included - is this something that should be there? I don't have immediate plans for the front loader but I want to make sure if its supposed to be there from the dealer that I get it.. thoughts/opinions?

Thanks,
    Jim
    The ballast box is an optional item which must be purchased seperately.

But like so many of us, once you find out how incredibly handy that new Deere really is, you will think of or create projects which utilize your FEL make sure to add the ballast box. It is really important once you have the loader for safety reasons.

If I were you, I would call the dealer 1st thing in the AM and ask them to add the ballast box so you have it when your SCUT is delivered. Safety First!

Congratulations on your new tractor and welcome to the GTT Forum!

Make sure to check out the great attachments available from the GTT Forum sponsors. They offer some very handy and high quality products which will enhance your use and enjoyment of your new tractor.

Oh, and pictures of your new toy are expected. (I think mandatory to be on the forum.....Just kidding)
    5304 and Levi like this.

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    09-22-2019 @ 09:24 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonton View Post

When I bought the 1023E with the H120 FEL, it came with the ballast box. I never thought twice about it until I just looked at the original paperwork from the dealer. I did buy the ballast box separately. It was only about $150, so no big deal really, but I was under the impression all this time that it came with the loader.

Just order one. They most likely have one there at the dealership and will bring it with the tractor tomorrow. $150 is a small price to pay for the insurance you incur by having one.
    Hey Tonton,
    I really like the little graffiti smiley guy who is "tagging" your post.......Pretty creative!

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 07:31 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Hey Tonton,
    I really like the little graffiti smiley guy who is "tagging" your post.......Pretty creative!
    Thanks Sulley, but I can't take credit for it. If you click [MORE] on the emoticons to the right of the HTML editor box (where we type our posts), another window will pop up with a whole bunch of silly emoticons. This one in particular is in column 3, row 4.

I like this one the best though...

I think they should rename it tonton.
    Levi likes this.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 5304 For This Useful Post:

SulleyBear (10-16-2014)

13. Top | #8
    Last Online
    11-29-2017 @ 03:20 PM
    Thanks
    I was out the other night and had taken my ballast box off to use my dethatcher, I went to move some dirt with the loader and I couldn't believe how unstable it felt without the ballast. I won't use my FEL without it on.
    2016 2032R - Turf Tires - 62" MMM Auto Connect - H130 FEL 53" Bucket - Piranha Tooth Bar - Ken's Hook's - Artillian Forks 24'' 42'' - IMatch - Ballast box - 54" 3 pt Snowblower - JD 45 Gallon 3 pt sprayer - CMP Attachments 3 pt Dethatcher - - JD Core Aerator - Trac-Vac 880 - 2060 Box Blade

14. Top | #9
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,955 Times in 2,915 Posts
    Welcome to GTT JimL243. You need a rear ballast regardless of what it actually is.
    Post up some pictures when ya get the new tractor home.
    Levi likes this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

15. Top | #10

Last Online
    08-31-2019 @ 07:53 PM
    Thanks
    With my 2 series it was setup as a loader option package that included the hood guard and ballast box.

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast