Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Mauser Cab Sound System Options

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-21-2018 @ 07:46 PM
    Thanks

Mauser Cab Sound System Options

First off, yes, I have searched this.

Second, woohoo my third green machine is on the way! It is a 1025r with Mauser Cab, 54" blower, 60" deck, and a sand/salt rated spreader. It should be here in another week or two.

Third, and to the point, my cab has the stereo sound system hookups ready to go, so I'm in deck unit + speakers research mode. Questions beyond what my dealer knows:

1. Can things be heard over the engine or is an amp necessary (assuming the head is only 22 watts)?
    2. Will a special adapter be needed to connect the head unit?
    3. Can the speaker area in the top of the cab be modified to accept a larger speaker than 4 inches?
    4. How deep a 4 inch speaker can fit in there?

I'll use this thread to narrate my own journey as I suspect there aren't many who can answer these questions.
    BarryNWa and Mrspydr like this.
    Managing a 40 acre woodlot'd homestead. JD 4066R Cab | 440R | 3rd,4th,5th SCV | JD 60" Root Grapple | Frontier BB4284H 84" Box Blade | JD Bucket | JD 48 Pallet Forks | JD PHD400 Post Hole Digger | Wallenstein FX90 Skidding Winch | Wallenstein BX62R Chipper. The 1025R keeps the drive clear in the winter and the grasses' ears lowered | Mauser Cab | 60" mowing deck | 54" JD Blower | JD Salt/Sand Spreader | JD 60" rake | DR Power 1 ton Versa Trailer. Gone JD's, but not forgotten: X530 & 4052M.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    03-12-2019 @ 10:40 PM
    Thanks
    Have the dealer install or sell you the LP68120 Stereo Preparation Kit. Comes with speakers, antenna, wiring harness, and (what look like) beefy 4” speakers. Pretty sure you are limited to 4” as they have to fit in the grilles. No idea on the radio wiring.

If you want to get custom you could probably fit some shallow 5 1/4” in there.

To install, you take the cab roof off to get access.

The dealer can find the kit info where he ordered the cab. Instructions are there he could print off and give you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Displaced Hokie For This Useful Post:

Poindexter (03-26-2018)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Hokie View Post
    Have the dealer install or sell you the LP68120 Stereo Preparation Kit. Comes with speakers, antenna, wiring harness, and (what look like) beefy 4” speakers.
    I do have that coming. It is what I meant by "stereo system hookups," but I could have stated that more inline with JD lingo huh? However, I didn't know it came with speakers already ...sweet! I'll give those a try first and decide whether they're good enough. I like to listen to podcasts when plowing or mowing, but love the idea of blasting some tunes when doing those sinful chores (the ones without a tractor) that require two hands.

Instructions are there he could print off and give you.
    Damn good idea! Email being sent now.
    Managing a 40 acre woodlot'd homestead. JD 4066R Cab | 440R | 3rd,4th,5th SCV | JD 60" Root Grapple | Frontier BB4284H 84" Box Blade | JD Bucket | JD 48 Pallet Forks | JD PHD400 Post Hole Digger | Wallenstein FX90 Skidding Winch | Wallenstein BX62R Chipper. The 1025R keeps the drive clear in the winter and the grasses' ears lowered | Mauser Cab | 60" mowing deck | 54" JD Blower | JD Salt/Sand Spreader | JD 60" rake | DR Power 1 ton Versa Trailer. Gone JD's, but not forgotten: X530 & 4052M.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 09:34 AM
    Thanks
    No need for dedicated amp, especially when driving 4" speakers. Headunit output will be plenty.
    Last edited by jbfrancis3; 03-26-2018 at 10:18 AM. Reason: typo
    2015 1025R w/ H120 Loader, 60D MMM AutoConnect, 54" QH Snowblower & Titan Pallet Forks

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Thanks

Mauser Cab Sound System Options

I'm very curious to hear if the cab is quiet enough to hear the speakers. I don't think it would work well on my 2305 w/Tektite cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by vt2305; 03-26-2018 at 08:33 PM.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:28 AM
    Thanks
    PM SulleyBear if he doesn't chime in. He added a sound system to his Mauser cab. I'm thinking he might have went with an aftermarket unit as I recall him mentioning it had a Bluetooth interface for handsfree cell phone operation.

I know they come with the speaker grilles installed, but I'm not sure if the speakers are actually there.
    Last edited by martincom; 03-26-2018 at 12:10 PM.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Instructions are there he could print off and give you.
    Here are the instructions in case anyone else can benefit from reading them.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    BarryNWa likes this.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Poindexter For This Useful Post:

BarryNWa (03-27-2018)

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 01:23 PM
    Thanks

Mauser Cab Comments

I've had my dealer installed Mauser cab on my 1026R since November. I'm very pleased with it. I've added the rear LED light and the amber beacon since. I decided not to install a radio in mine because of the cab noise. My primary use is mowing. I use a Peltor radio headset with the antenna taped down to the headband to clear the cab headliner. It works well for mower noise ear protection and lets me listen to a radio program. With the speakers being just inches from your head I believe just about any radio you install will provide ample speaker volume. IMO the cab doesn't really block out much engine, transmission whining or implement noise when operating.

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 01:23 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    PM SulleyBear if he doesn't chime in. He added a sound system to his Mauser cab. I'm thinking he might have went with an aftermarket unit as I recall him mentioning it had a Bluetooth interface for handsfree cell phone operation.

I know they come with the speaker grilles installed, but I'm not sure if the speakers are actually there.
    The headliner has the grills only with four nuts and bolts per speaker grill. It's prepped for the optional speakers which come with the Mauser radio kit LP68120 (less a radio).

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    All set and things sound good enough. Doubt I'll be doing a speaker upgrade soon. One can absolutely listen to podcasts above 2,500 RPM. Can't comment on a higher RPM or with the mower going because I just did the install and then had to run.

I bought an open-box Pioneer bluetooth single din head unit at Best Buy and used this adapter to make the connections: Scosche VW01B Connector. Just as simple as putting it in a car

Grabbed the exact same setup for the 4066R.

I'll make a video to show the sound quality at some point. Might even do a comparison between the big 4R and little 1R....although I'm pretty sure of which one is going to win that battle.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast