Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 2210 Loader

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-19-2014 @ 09:35 AM
    Thanks

2210 Loader

I have a 2210 with a loader. If I put the cutting edge straight down to back drag, it wont stay in that position. When I start to back up the bucket moves back and acts like it is in a float position. HELP

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 07:31 PM
    Thanks
    Couple of things I might check.

First, are there any leaks on the loader cylinders? If you have a leaky cylinder seal you will lose pressure due to point #2...

Second, If I am not mistaken, the SCV for the loader is a closed center valve, which means that when the lever is in the center position, no fluid is passing through the valve to any of the cylinders. This valve may be allowing "blow by", which means it is allowing fluid to pass through the center, and most likely dumping it back to the hydraulic reservoir.

Question, have you noticed that your loader seems "weaker" or that it can't lift as much as it used to?

Hopefully I am not steering you in the wrong direction, however if I have stated something incorrectly, It will be corrected shortly by someone who knows much better than I.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,481 Times in 1,391 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonton View Post
    Question, have you noticed that your loader seems "weaker" or that it can't lift as much as it used to?.
    As I was reading your post, there was a commercial on TV which I have on in the background and ironically, they were asking that same question......It was for the famous little blue pill which changed the world........:

Gizmo2, 5304 and Levi like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    As I was reading your post, there was a commercial on TV which I have on in the background and ironically, they were asking that same question......It was for the famous little blue pill which changed the world........:

^^^Now that's funny.

I could follow this up with an off color Amish joke, but my conscience tells me no to.
    Levi and SulleyBear like this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 5304 For This Useful Post:

SulleyBear (10-16-2014)

8. Top | #5
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 Times in 2,579 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonton View Post
    Couple of things I might check.

First, are there any leaks on the loader cylinders? If you have a leaky cylinder seal you will lose pressure due to point #2...

Second, If I am not mistaken, the SCV for the loader is a closed center valve, which means that when the lever is in the center position, no fluid is passing through the valve to any of the cylinders. This valve may be allowing "blow by", which means it is allowing fluid to pass through the center, and most likely dumping it back to the hydraulic reservoir.

Question, have you noticed that your loader seems "weaker" or that it can't lift as much as it used to?

Hopefully I am not steering you in the wrong direction, however if I have stated something incorrectly, It will be corrected shortly by someone who knows much better than I.
    These smaller tractors to include the 2210 have an "open center" hydraulic system. When the valve is centered and you hand is off the controls, the fluid from the pump passes through with little to no restriction and back to the resivior. But you were correct in one sense. Any hydraulic valve when centered (or hands off the controls in this scenario) allows zero flow to the cylinders.

More than likely bikerdave11 is experiencing "floppy bucket syndrome." FBS is when there is a pocket of air in the curl cylinders and allows the bucket to become floppy. This is very noticeable when back dragging the bucket. This is an unwanted characteristic of many small tractor hydraulic systems. This article in our tech library "What is regen" written by our own Kennyd explains the issue and what is happening. It sheds a lot of light on the issue I believe bikerdave11 is experiencing.
    etcallhome and Levi like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dieselshadow For This Useful Post:

5304 (10-16-2014)

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks Diesel,

I knew someone more knowledgeable than myself (especially when it comes to all things painted green) would come along and fix my blubbering. Now if you want to talk about how someone can keep their jacket on without the use of buttons, I'm your guy.
    dieselshadow likes this.

11. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    so I may be getting air in the cylinder if I use the regen mode, is there a repair for that. Does the fluid for the loader come from the fluid in the rear diff or does it have its own reservoir. There is no leaks, power in loader seems ok.
    Last edited by bikerdave11; 10-16-2014 at 08:28 PM.

12. Top | #8
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 Times in 2,579 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdave11 View Post
    so I may be getting air in the cylinder if I use the regen mode, is there a repair for that. Does the fluid for the loader come from the fluid in the rear diff or does it have its own reservoir.
    I can't say if there is a repair for your tractor, but other model tractors have had the valve changed or had an orifice installed in the curl circuit to slow it down and prevent FBS. I have learned to live with it as I would rather the speed of the current setup and don't mind doing a "correction" with the loader joystick. It becomes second nature after a while.

Yes, the transmission sump and the hydraulic reservoir are one and the same.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdave11 View Post
    so I may be getting air in the cylinder if I use the regen mode, is there a repair for that. Does the fluid for the loader come from the fluid in the rear diff or does it have its own reservoir. There is no leaks, power in loader seems ok.
    Well, since you have a hydrostatic drive system, all of the fluid for the transmission, 3ph, and loader are all shared. There is one big reservoir for all of that fluid.

Floppy bucket syndrome (like Diesel mentioned) is most likely the cause. In the 1023E, 1026R, and 1025R models, which are similar to the 2210, the loader bucket would suddenly drop a few inches on curl back (at least in my own experience). This was remedied by replacing the SCV (the valve that your loader control handle is screwed into). I was lucky to still be under warranty, so the dealer did this gratis. Your best bet is to have the dealer take a look at it and diagnose it, or you can change the SCV yourself. IMHO a dealer check-up is probably the best way to go, unless you don't have a good one close by.
    Last edited by 5304; 10-16-2014 at 08:42 PM.

14. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the help, it just started doing this. Im going to try to bleed the cylinders, and take the valve apart to see if there is a valve sticking. I asked the dealer here about the problem, they didnt know for sure.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast