Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Back from a BX2370

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    01-26-2016 @ 07:48 PM
    Thanks

Back from a BX2370

Back in early spring of 2013 I visited my local JD dealer and wanted to trade my 4100 for a 1026. The sales guy sort of blew me off and low balled what he offered me on the 4100. My experience with that salesman soured me on wanting a JD and I ended up buying a BX2370. Well it didn't take me long to dislike the BX, I can't tell you why but it never made me feel warm and fussy! Actually the BX is a very good tractor and never had given me any trouble. I did feel the mower deck was a bit-h to get on and off and the loader seemed to be a little slower but over all nothing major that would make any reasonable person want to trade it for a JD 1025R.
    Here is where I need your support! I just traded,, a perfectly good BX2370 for a JD 1025R, the two year ownership of the BX cost me about $3000 if you figure taxes and the JD sells for more then the BX. Sounds a little crazy doesn't it? But I did it and with the 0% for 60 months its going to cost me $98 per month for a green tractor! If it wasn't for three things I probably wouldn't have done it but because of the follow three things I did it:
    1. 0%
    2. $1500 deal on two implements
    3. The A-hole salesman that blew me off has been fired
    Because this is a JD Forum, I'm sure I'll get some support to make me feel better about going back to green.
    Thanks for reading my rant
    ColonyPark, 636mullet and Levi like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 08:28 AM
    Thanks
    Welcome from WI... And congrats on that 1025R!!
    2011 JD 2520, 200CX FEL, iMatch Quick Hitch, 48" JD Box Scraper, 54" JD FM Snowblower, Artillian 36" Forks w/Backrest, Frontier PHD200, Woods RM59 Finish Mower & Heavy Hitch

4. Top | #3
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 Times in 2,579 Posts
    Meh. We all make mistakes. Gizmo2 reminds me of mine all the time.......

All that really matters is, are you happy? Life's too short not to be.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:24 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 794 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    All that really matters is, are you happy? Life's too short not to be.
    Diesel is 100% correct. If you are happy, that is all that matters.

Some will validate your decision based on color. I will say because it woulda like you are happier.

Same thing happened to me. Wanted to trade my 2305 for a 2720. Got blew off...three times. I am 95 hours into my B3200 (and I am very happy).

This is not just a JD forum, it is also a great bunch of folks. Makes it worth hanging around regardless of color.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rtgt For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (10-17-2014)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 04:26 PM
    Thanks

Welcome from New York.

Lotsa good tractors of different colors out there, many are great machines, but it's what you feel comfortable on that counts. A good dealer will also factor into which color and who you will eventually buy from.

Good Luck with your new 1025R.
    rtgt likes this.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 07:31 PM
    Thanks

Welcome from Lancaster, PA!

My first experience on a tractor was on an orange one. I really liked it, too. My old neighbor owned it, and let me use it about a dozen times to do work in my yard. When I first started looking at owning a tractor, I immediately looked for orange ones, until a salesman blew me off. I rolled into the JD dealer, and even though it was close to quitting time on a Saturday afternoon, the salesman stayed and went over everything about the tractors on his lot, asking questions about how I planned on using it, the size of my property, etc. He got me on a 1 series, and I was hooked. I really love my JD. I would have a really hard time going to another manufacturer's machine at this point.

I'm not at all saying orange ones, red ones, blue ones, or any other color is less of a machine than my green one, but my green machine has treated me very well, and so has the dealership, and most importantly GTT.
    Levi and Oberhaz like this.

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    07-31-2018 @ 05:51 PM
    Thanks
    You did the right thing. I have 5 acres and really only maintain 2 acres. Full of 90 ft tall white pines. Ton of snow here in Minnesota in winter. Extremely sore back trouble. The pines break off in a wind. I have 3 to clean up now. Several months ago I sold my JD gx345 garden tractor set up on Craigslist and bought A JD 1023e..Then I begun thinking, I should have moved to town. Way less work, no snow to plow, no 2 hours of mowing, even with 60 inch deck. No back breaking work with the pine trees. I had second thoughts, if I made a good decision to stay with a better machine for the heavy load. I love the view here. The wild life, even black bear. I love my home here with my wife. You see, I'm 76 years old. If my purchase helps me stay here, it's worth every dollar I spent. If a green machine does this for you my friend. It's worth every dollar.
    dschuffert, rtgt, Levi and 2 others like this.
    John Deere 1023 E, 60d mower, H120 loader,
    Frontier 2060L Back Blade, Heavy Hitch with 320 lb weights,
    Artillian forks with Adaptor for JD Snow Plow. JD 54 inch blade.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Danbeck For This Useful Post:

Spartazoo (05-21-2016)

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    02-16-2017 @ 10:36 PM
    Thanks
    Welcome from Western PA
    Spartazoo likes this.

2014 John Deere 1025R
    H120 Loader with 53" Bucket
    54D MMM with auto connect
    JD 3 point receiver hitch
    54" front snow plow
    KK XB 48" Tiller
    TaylorWay 48" Box Blade
    Kk 60" grader blade
    KK 72" landscape rake
    TracVac PTO yard sweeper
    PSRUMORS Upgraded Seat Springs
    Kens Bolt on Hooks
    Forward Lighting Kit (currently turned to the rear)
    BXpanded tooth bar

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Let us not forget the mental health and wellbeing effects of owning a green tractor! Anyone ever see a hospital room painted bright orange? No! Green is the "restful color".

The orange ones I tried felt "funny", nothing was right where I needed it to be to feel "fuzzy" or "warm". JD's are ergo operating Heaven for my bodily dimensions.
    bob, Levi and Oberhaz like this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    07-30-2019 @ 05:29 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danbeck View Post
    You did the right thing. I have 5 acres and really only maintain 2 acres. Full of 90 ft tall white pines. Ton of snow here in Minnesota in winter. Extremely sore back trouble. The pines break off in a wind. I have 3 to clean up now. Several months ago I sold my JD gx345 garden tractor set up on Craigslist and bought A JD 1023e..Then I begun thinking, I should have moved to town. Way less work, no snow to plow, no 2 hours of mowing, even with 60 inch deck. No back breaking work with the pine trees. I had second thoughts, if I made a good decision to stay with a better machine for the heavy load. I love the view here. The wild life, even black bear. I love my home here with my wife. You see, I'm 76 years old. If my purchase helps me stay here, it's worth every dollar I spent. If a green machine does this for you my friend. It's worth every dollar.
    Good for you !!! I am getting a little long in the tooth and things aren't as easy as they used to be . But I can't imagine giving up my home and moving to town . I hope I am as able as you are when I get to that age . Keep it up !!!
    Levi likes this.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to romcjr For This Useful Post:

Danbeck (10-17-2014)

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast