Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: 2017 JD 1025 R seat bottoming out

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-15-2019 @ 05:10 AM
    Thanks

Question 2017 JD 1025 R seat bottoming out

I only have 29 hours on my 1025 and really enjoy it. Does good job cutting my 1&1/2 acres with the 60Ē deck. Purchased a snow plow for the FEL and it also did great this winter. My only complaint is the JD seat. I weigh 250 lbs and it takes very little for the seat to bottom out hitting my tail bone. I have contacted my dealer asking if there was a fix and he said he never heard of anyone having this problem since the seat was redesign in 2013, so no. I been reading a lot on GTT and have seen different options. Anyone install Kens springs and did they really fix the problem. It would seem the springs are close to the middle of the bottom of the seat, in Fact maybe a little bit more towards the front and just donít see how this can help the problem of seat bottoming out at the back. I really donít understand why JD used rubber bumpers in the back instead of maybe a couple of springs , like a Bicycle seat has. My simplicity tractor was 30 years old and never once had this problem and that seat was so worn I sat on cardboard because the seat padding was gone and still the seat never bottomed our. If anyone has installed Ken springs and they are around 250 lbs or more and it help please let me know, or and other suggestions. Itís shame that JD doesnít admit there is a problem and come out with a fix. Ken said he sells about 50 pairs of his springs ever month so there must be lots of people with this problem and I think JD needs to fix this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 12:40 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rstoehr2 View Post
    I only have 29 hours on my 1025 and really enjoy it. Does good job cutting my 1&1/2 acres with the 60Ē deck. Purchased a snow plow for the FEL and it also did great this winter. My only complaint is the JD seat. I weigh 250 lbs and it takes very little for the seat to bottom out hitting my tail bone. I have contacted my dealer asking if there was a fix and he said he never heard of anyone having this problem since the seat was redesign in 2013, so no. I been reading a lot on GTT and have seen different options. Anyone install Kens springs and did they really fix the problem. It would seem the springs are close to the middle of the bottom of the seat, in Fact maybe a little bit more towards the front and just donít see how this can help the problem of seat bottoming out at the back. I really donít understand why JD used rubber bumpers in the back instead of maybe a couple of springs , like a Bicycle seat has. My simplicity tractor was 30 years old and never once had this problem and that seat was so worn I sat on cardboard because the seat padding was gone and still the seat never bottomed our. If anyone has installed Ken springs and they are around 250 lbs or more and it help please let me know, or and other suggestions. Itís shame that JD doesnít admit there is a problem and come out with a fix. Ken said he sells about 50 pairs of his springs ever month so there must be lots of people with this problem and I think JD needs to fix this.
    Kennyd springs work. I was one of the first testers when they were still PS RUMORS springs. JD has a heavier set, but Kens work better.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Levi, psrumors, BigJim55 and 4 others like this.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

4. The Following User Says Thank You to John Deere 1025R TLB For This Useful Post:

jbeg8†(03-28-2018)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:08 PM
    Thanks
    I got the heavier duty springs from Kens Bolt-on Hooks, and they solved the problem for me. I don't weigh 250, but am not very far south of that # (235).
    2016 1025R TLB (Marshawn) with Piranha tooth bar
    HLA 42" Forks
    Frontier LR2060L Landscape rake
    2019 X370 mowing machine with snowblower attachment
    County Line 3 point log splitter (Mr. Splitty)
    Cyclone Rake super sucker
    Stihl MS-271 chain saw
    Stihl KM-56 Kombi powerhead, string trimmer, pole saw, articulating hedge trimmer
    Stihl BR430 backpack blower
    1998 Yamaha 4-stroke golf car (Tedy Bruschi)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WifeSaidOK For This Useful Post:

jbeg8†(03-28-2018)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 2,948 Posts
    Levi, OxPath, BigJim55 and 4 others like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Thanks
    Weighing 420 Kens springs helped quite a bit. I then took a Kong dog toy and wedged in there and the seat was too limited on movement I ended up taking the factory spring and twisting the springs from Kenny and it works better. My wife nags constantly about losing weight. Oh well...
    Levi, BigJim55, pjwebb and 1 others like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

10. Top | #6

Last Online
    05-19-2018 @ 08:34 PM
    Thanks
    "I have contacted my dealer asking if there was a fix and he said he never heard of anyone having this problem since the seat was redesign in 2013..."

lets not mince words here: Your dealer is a liar, it is STILL a problem with heavier guys... And the replacement springs do not work at 240+ lbs. Still bottoms out.

What I did is get a third factory spring and inserted it under the seat. (in between the two existing springs closer to the front of the seat... Because I have a cheap flux welder I just put two tack welds and it works well! But I am sure a bolt and washer could work too. (so I now have three factory springs.) I will try to get some photos.

Along that line... I must have a non-well-padded ass because it hurts after a while in the saddle and this is with the snowblower on a paved driveway. (meaning no bumps) In the woods it's worse...

To fix that, I added a boat seat cushion, the same one I take to the lacrosse stadium for the aluminum seats, and it works GREAT, even better raises me up a bit as I am over 6' tall...

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/USCG-Approved...t+cushion+seat (of course I got a green one)

And it stays right in place if you want to remove it just lift it out!

And if I ever fall in the creek I have a handy flotation device...

Just my take!
    Last edited by mxzrxp; 03-27-2018 at 11:31 PM.

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Deere 1025R TLB View Post
    Kennyd springs work. I was one of the first testers when they were still PS RUMORS springs. JD has a heavier set, but Kens work better.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    I'm a user and believer as well on the psrumors/KBOH seat springs.
    Levi, psrumors and BigJim55 like this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    06-19-2018 @ 01:05 AM
    Thanks
    I am 255 got kennyd springs, best investment I have made.
    Gizmo2 and Levi like this.

13. Top | #9

Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 12:33 AM
    Thanks

Red face JD 1025r Seat Bottoming out.

The idea of adding a 3rd spring is a novel idea. One I didn't consider. I just ordered a set of springs from Kens Bolt On Hooks as well as his bolt on steps for the BackHoe. I've been satisfied with both. I tip the tractor at about 220lbs so the springs eliminated my broken Bum issues.
    I really like the suggestion about the Coast Guard approved seat cushion since I live on the edge of Puget Sound....may have to get one.
    Levi likes this.

14. Top | #10

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    The real issue with the seat is it is on a pivot. As one deflects the springs the seat tilts back and does not stay with ones back supported in the sams attitude. I didnít use springs but changed to urethane stacked pucks. I find it far less bouncy. As seat goes down the driver is tilted back with springs. Being the seat back is low one does not get good back support to begin with. At rest without a person on the seat the seat is still tipped back too much. With my fat ass in the seat itís even more.

It may just be me but I like to sit more upright and be ďon the wheelĒ and not stress my neck and back. Reclined back is more for the easy chair not my tractor. I ended up changing the seat, stiffening it up, and reseting seat attitude more upright on the tractor.
    Troutsniffer, Levi and Veblen like this.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast