60D with hydraulic lift ordered!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By Green Man
  • 2 Post By Green Man
  • 1 Post By Green Man

Thread: 60D with hydraulic lift ordered!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-18-2019 @ 06:54 AM
    Thanks

Sooooooooooooooo, I finally bit the bullet and ordered up a 60D; need it to go with the nicely used JD MCS with Power Pack that I picked up last week. The MCS doesn't look right without a mower deck for it to attach to and it doesn't really work as intended either, lol! I did use the MCS this weekend to suck up a giant pile of leaves, albeit with the assistance of a rake to shove the leaves into the tube, but the Power Pack ground the leaves up and made life easy and fun!

The Honda GC160 needs a little carb work, but has great compression and doesn't need more than about 40% throttle to take in whatever the tube will flow without struggling. I actually bought a brand new Honda carb for it and will flush out the fuel tank (fuel smells a little stale) and put in some fresh, non-ethanol fuel with stabilizer for the winter rest. The Honda carbs are cheap, $27 complete and ready to bolt on. I also picked up a new spark plug, Honda air filter, fuel filter, and all the gaskets to make sure there are no air leak issues once the carb is replaced.

Think I'll replace the fuel tank cap and a few other little odds and ends and she should be as good as new!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6599.jpg   IMG_6603.jpg   IMG_6607.jpg  
    Last edited by Green Man; 10-20-2014 at 05:51 PM.
    John Deere 1026R (MY 2012) Purchased April 2013
    H120 FEL with 49" bucket, Ken's 5/16" Bolt on Hooks & BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar
    60D (7-iron) Autoconnect MMM
    JD 3-Bag MCS w/Honda GC160 Power "Pak"
    260 BH with 12" bucket
    Artillian 42"x3" Forks w/2" Receiver
    48" EA XTreme Duty Box Blade
    36" EA Independent Wheel Lawn Aerator w/Alternating Depth Tines
    52" Ratchet Rake
    iMatch QH

2003 John Deere LX266
    42" Freedom Mulching Deck
    Larger LX model wheels/tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    11-29-2017 @ 03:20 PM
    Thanks
    nice set up with it all mounted on your I Match
    2016 2032R - Turf Tires - 62" MMM Auto Connect - H130 FEL 53" Bucket - Piranha Tooth Bar - Ken's Hook's - Artillian Forks 24'' 42'' - IMatch - Ballast box - 54" 3 pt Snowblower - JD 45 Gallon 3 pt sprayer - CMP Attachments 3 pt Dethatcher - - JD Core Aerator - Trac-Vac 880 - 2060 Box Blade

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks. It's a really nice system... Surprised they don't make them anymore. I'm sure the economy and it being a boutique item has something to do with it! The cart setups obviously have more capacity, but the 3PH system is nice and compact for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    H120 FEL with 49" bucket, Ken's 5/16" Bolt on Hooks & BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar
    260 BH with 12" bucket
    52" Ratchet Rake
    iMatch QH

2003 John Deere LX266

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    04-25-2018 @ 03:51 PM
    Thanks
    I was eyeing that setup on CL. Glad you scooped it. I ended up going with a blower as I have a lot of woods and want to clean large surfaces.

Let us know how it works out for you.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks

The seller was pretty close to me, but wasn't expecting it to be the one I was looking for (I'm picky with condition) but it was pretty much mint so I grabbed it as I knew it would be a while before I would find another one local to me. Will keep everyone posted on how she works once I get the deck setup

260 BH with 12" bucket
    52" Ratchet Rake
    iMatch QH

2003 John Deere LX266

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414269598.700537.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	274.8 KB 
ID:	34380Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414269689.095051.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	294.8 KB 
ID:	34381
    60D loaded up and heading home!

Last edited by Green Man; 10-25-2014 at 03:44 PM.
    260 BH with 12" bucket
    52" Ratchet Rake
    iMatch QH

2003 John Deere LX266

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Have been working on getting the mower deck lift linkage and hydraulic lift (not the independent hydraulic lift with the diverter) installed. The hydraulic lift install is progressing fairly smoothly.... Here are some notes for other that may install their own mechanical or hydraulic lift.

(1) Very lightly hone or remove light surface rust (PB Blaster spray, etc) from the inside of the left and right side deck lift actuators and/or pre-fit (outside of machine) to ensure that they slide on fairly smoothly.

(2) If you are picky with the hydraulic line routing for the lift cylinder, take the right side fender assembly completely off to make it easier on yourself. You will need every inch of line to make the proper loop as mentioned in the instructions at the hydraulic lift cylinder.

(3) You will have to take the left side wheel off and also remove all fuel tank fasteners to be able to swing the bottom (foot pad section) of the fuel tank away enough so that you can insert the fastener for the piston end of the hydraulic cylinder into the bracket.

(4) Make sure you have a pair of quality snap ring pliers as the rockshaft snap rings are stout pieces as anything less will end up on your garage floor in pieces.

I'm sure I'll have a few more tips as I move along, but count on a full day to do this if you don't want to hack up your tractor... That is, to install the deck lift, hydraulic lift cylinder, line for hydraulic cylinder, install the auto connect assembly, and setup the deck. I'll be sure to add to the above once I have additional detail to share.

I'm also going to change all fuel filters, grease the driveline, do an engine oil and filter change, and clean/lube various components while the mid section of the machine is naked.

Last edited by Green Man; 10-29-2014 at 12:30 PM.
    Levi and psrumors like this.
    260 BH with 12" bucket
    52" Ratchet Rake
    iMatch QH

2003 John Deere LX266

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    After spending more time on getting things setup, I have some edits to my list above... I can't edit the post so will just repost everything.

(1) Very lightly hone or remove light surface rust (PB Blaster spray, etc) from the inside of the left and right side deck lift actuators and/or pre-fit (outside of machine) to ensure that they slide on fairly smoothly.

(2) If you are picky with the hydraulic line routing for the lift cylinder and to make things easier on yourself, be prepared to take the left and right side rear tires off. You will need every inch of line to make the proper loop as mentioned in the instructions at the hydraulic lift cylinder.

(3) No need to remove the right side fender assembly, just look up underneath the fender (tire removed) and you can work with the hydraulic line routing that way. The hydraulic line will be routed along with the SCV hard lines.

(4) With the left side wheel off, remove all fuel tank fasteners (fender fasteners) to be able to swing the bottom (foot pad section) of the fuel tank away enough so that you can insert the fastener for the piston end of the hydraulic cylinder into the bracket.

(5) Make sure you have a pair of quality snap ring pliers as the rockshaft snap rings are stout pieces and anything less will end up on your garage floor in pieces.

(6) Make sure to orient the front draft link brackets (tractor mounts) so that they curve inward, I happened to install one bracket curving outward and realized the spread between the two was too wide and reversed them... I also noticed that the picture in the instructions shows them curving inward, but at quick glance it initially appeared to be the opposite, could have just been tired and trying to get the setup completed.

(7) Check your MMM gearbox fluid level just to be sure, mine was full, but I only felt comfortable confirming that before operating the deck. I used Permatex liquid pipe thread sealant with PTFE on the plug as it had some sort of sealer on it from the factory and I wanted to renew it after pulling the plug out. I use the same sealer on my Harley and it works very well and you don't have to worry about pieces of pipe tape getting into the gear box.

(8) Grease the three spindles, 3 fitting on the autoconnect shaft, and might as well grease the driveline and steering cylinder fittings since they all use the JD polyurethane grease, it's easy to hit all of the grease fittings while you are doing the installation and have the foot deck opened up.

Hope this helps someone, but I'm sure most will have this installed by the dealer as it is a time consuming project, especially knowing that it'll take some time to dial in the deck adjustments after spending several hours setting up the various components.
    Levi likes this.
    260 BH with 12" bucket
    52" Ratchet Rake
    iMatch QH

2003 John Deere LX266

11. Remove Advertisements