• 1 Post By 5304
  • 2 Post By dark6

Thread: Started testing an idea.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-11-2016 @ 01:19 PM
    Thanks

Started testing an idea.

Did a quick fab up for testing on a 3 point blower setup. It is ugly, I got the blower for a 100$ it was used for a sealcoat company thus the spots but it runs good. got a carry all and mounted it, if it works tomorrow I will put a 1/4 plate across the platform a swivel wheel in place of the fixed, and a speed control close to the seat along with some nice green paint. also going to put some tubes on the edge of the uprights for rakes etc. and a hanger for the backpack blower to cleand the flower beds and bushes on the run.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Thanks
    Me likey. I could use that at my place now. My "blower" is the mower deck for now.

Where are you at in Ohio?

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    I am in waynsville, We back up to Caesar creek lake.

We have FEET of leaves come down every day it is crazy!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 07:31 PM
    Thanks
    Cool! Gotta love it when a plan comes together. I have very similar attributes, and I like taking simple ideas and putting them to use. It made me very successful in my career as a mechanical design "engineer". Keep it simple, that's my motto.
    Duke Snyder likes this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    04-25-2018 @ 03:51 PM
    Thanks
    YOU ARE MY HERO!

I have been fantasizing about this EXACT setup for months. Was even going to buy the same carry all. I have resorted to carrying the blower in the FEL for now. But, depending on how this works out for you, I may adapt.

I like what you've done because I would like to keep my machine light-weight over some soft spots. The FEL doesn't help much with that.

How did you attach the blower to the carry all? Just some generic iron? Also, do you plan to mount casters to the carry-all? Seems like you are well on your way to a solution.

PS. I feel your pain on the volume of leaves. I get huge amounts daily as well.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Worked pretty well the grass is tall and it is damp in the air (leaves heavy). I Have my design change in my head and will tackel them when I get some time. such as a swivel caster at the end of the blower so I dont drag the wheel when turning, also will scrap the steel supporting the blower for a 1/4" plate steel and bolt the blower to the plate, will also give me a place to set things.

etcallhome and Levi like this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    07-02-2016 @ 08:40 AM
    Thanks
    i like it!, but now that you have them all blown into a row Now what? thats a nice looking yard. How are you going to pick them up or will you just mulch em right there?? I've had similar thoughts but have gone toward the suck em up into the wagon route as my yard is no where near as open or flat as yours.Now you got me wondering if i should just blow em over the back bank.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 01:05 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,064 Posts
    With that many leaves and still more on the trees I'd have me a cyclone rake or something of that nature. And in my case, dump them into my rock garden and burn them.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by antishovel View Post
    i like it!, but now that you have them all blown into a row Now what? thats a nice looking yard. How are you going to pick them up or will you just mulch em right there?? I've had similar thoughts but have gone toward the suck em up into the wagon route as my yard is no where near as open or flat as yours.Now you got me wondering if i should just blow em over the back bank.
    I take the back pack blower in a pile then haul them to the woods as there is no place to blow them to.
    In the back yard I just blow them in the woods works good beats walking with a blower.

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements