Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Mid Mower Quick Connect Issue

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-14-2019 @ 09:16 PM
    Thanks

Mid Mower Quick Connect Issue

Just had the 1023e delivered yesterday and we were going over everything on the tractor. Tried to disconnect the mower, but the latch was too tight. Eventually it came off, but it had a hard time trying to get it to connect again. I jumped off the tractor to take a look underneath and for some reason, the connection isn't lined up. The dealer rep didn't know why and will send a tech out to diagnose, but has anyone experienced this before? See pic....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:56 PM
    Thanks
    Unfortunately sounds like a bad setup to me. The mowers are a dealer installed option.
    aclass, Robnik and PJR832 like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    05-06-2018 @ 11:21 AM
    Thanks
    Your auto connect pto is not adjusted properly. Looking at he picture the two components need to line up so the male shaft slides into the female auto connect pto. The good news is it takes merely an adjustment to correct the issue. The bad news is when set up like yours is there is a bind even if you can get it to hook up. This is the worst possible way it can be set up and should not be used, set up like this.

The auto connect pto carrier (on the tractor) can move up, but cannot move down. In your situation the weight of the mower deck will bind and will eventually cause something to break. It is much better to have the auto connect slightly lower(1/8" max) than the gear box spline on the mower deck. Yours is set up so the auto connect pto is higher than the gear box spline on the mower deck. Also the carrier bearing on the Auto connect should be set up parallel with the Gear box splined shaft on the mower deck. Yours is not.

Once set up properly it will connect like a knife through hot butter. Do not use or connect the mower deck set up the way it is. You could easily break something. If you are capable of adjusting it do so, if not get the dealer to set it up for you.
    Jeff B, Robnik and goat704! like this.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CaseIH574 For This Useful Post:

kylew (04-03-2018)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    09-23-2019 @ 02:42 PM
    Thanks
    Did you have the (rockshaft?) lever all the way up? It's the big lever on the right of the seat- pulled all the way back is up?

The mower adjustment height knob was all the way counterclockwise to the "install" position?

Pick a mower deck height point- I use H most of the time.

And then you lowered the rockshaft lever all the way down?

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    08-22-2019 @ 08:44 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifterbike View Post
    Unfortunately sounds like a bad setup to me. The mowers are a dealer installed option.
    Copy that^^
    If you're like me and paid an arm and a leg to have the MMM installed, I'd be rather adamant about a personal visit from an experienced tech to get this corrected.
    Robnik and goat704! like this.
    2016 3039R 165FEL / Woods RM660 / Fimco 40gal 3pt / Frontier 1060 Aerator / Frontier subsoiler / 3 pt spreader / HLA pallet forks / 6ft blade / 6ft Lucknow 3pt snowblower / $50 boom pole that never gets used anymore

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    My opnion is that some Deere higher up marketing person wanted this MMM. Deere engineering was required to design it over a weekend, so they turned it over to the new guy with a brand new degree in mechanical engineering from Georgia Tech who unfortunately had never been around tractors before. (I use Ga Tech in my opinion since I have brothers-in-law with engineering degrees from there).

My advice is to spend some time reading through the "sticky" on the MMM adjustments at the top of this forum.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...djustment.html

It will take a while to get your mower set up correctly so that it reliably mounts and dismounts. I've been at the adjusting game for going on three years with mine and it's still not perfect, and likely never will be. Don't hold out in the hope that the dealer will eventually sort it all out. Slide under there and start tweaking things yourself.
    Robnik and goat704! like this.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:22 PM
    Thanks
    The long threaded bolt that attached to the bottom of the driveshaft coupler/carrier bearing is not adjusted correctly. To adjust:

1. Mower deck removed from the tractor and parked on a LEVEL surface.

2. Height adjustment set to "Install" position, so carrier arm is fully down.

3. Place a torpedo level across the face of the coupler/carrier bearing and adjust long thread bolt for plumb (aka: vertical level).

Sadly, if they didn't adjust this correctly, the rest of the deck setup is probably not correct either, as this is the easy part.
    RetiredDoc, Robnik, kylew and 1 others like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Thanks
    Your deck latch is tight because your front draft rods are too tight. With the deck on the ground there should be a small gap between the hanger and the rod. Hopefully the tech that comes out adjusts everything correctly. Better have them check that the deck is level while they are there.
    goat704! likes this.

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Thanks
    As best I can tell from the picture, there is no grease on the mating parts. Obviously, they are also out of adjustment. But I always use a brush to apply grease to both the mating parts. Everything goes smoother with grease, and it also helps to protect the parts from wear.
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:22 PM
    Thanks
    Also, there are two setscrews that secure the male coupler to the mower deck gear box input shaft. They like to work loose and when they do, they will cause the coupler to jam together. Remove the setscrews one at a time and apply blue Loctite to the threads to prevent them from working loose. I check mine for tightness as a part of my end of season mower deck maintenance, also.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast