When I bought my 1025R in August, I included a 54" snow blower on the order. The dealer told me they could not get it in until late September, but it wasn't a big deal since we don't usually get snow that early. Because of some problems I had with the initial delivery of the tractor, mowing deck, and front blade, and because I paid for setup, I asked them to install it and make it work when it was delivered. They agreed, and a technician came with the snow blower to take care of it. Unfortunately, they forgot some parts and could not complete the install. I needed to mow one more time and so I put the mowing deck back on. I agreed to complete the snow blower install if they would give me the parts.
One bizarre aspect of the snow blower is that they only give you one drift cutter depending on the type of tractor you have. (It even says this in the manual!) I wasn't happy about this, and the dealer told me he will give me a second one. (Still on order.) This still doesn't make sense to me. If I have to cut crosswise through a big drift on my driveway, it's quite irrelevant what type of tractor I'm driving.
So I picked up most of the missing parts when I was at the dealer for something else and embarked on the installation myself. There were a couple of problems installing the shaft from the mid PTO to the front of the tractor. The front end was over-painted and it wouldn't go far enough into the bushings to get it onto the PTO at the back end. I had to take the shaft back out and scrape the paint off, even sand it a little, then clean it and re-grease it. After all of that, I still couldn't get it to lock into the mid PTO spindle. I finally figured out there was a protective plastic sleeve hidden inside the connector on the shaft. The manual specifically mentioned to remove the protective sleeve on the other end (which was painfully obvious), but said nothing about this plastic insert that was pretty hidden. The manual also mentions a torque spec on the bushing hardware, but there's no clearance to get a torque wrench with a socket on it into the space between the bushings. The supplied bolts were too long. But I got it together and "estimated" the torque and now it works smoothly.
I then discovered that the pin on the quick hitch would not go all the way into its hole to lock the angle at 0 degrees for the blower. I released the pressure in the hydraulic lines and was able to line the holes up and feel the pin from the bottom, but it still wouldn't go in, even with some help from a rubber mallot. (I decided against trying a sledge hammer since I knew I would need to take it out at some point.) I decided to loosen the big nut on the pivot point pin on the bottom of the hitch to see if there was some play there. I have a wrench that size (1 1/8"), but I couldn't budge it. My biggest socket was only 1 1/16", so I ended up using a large, long-handled pipe wrench and all my strength. It finally turned. At 2 or three turns, the pin went into the hole. The nut was still plenty tight, so I suspect that it was over tightened and somehow distorted the hitch assembly.
The hydraulic lines that came on the blower had right angle connectors on the ends. There were also connectors appropriate for the 1025R in the parts bag, but I had to change them out. I was careful to release the pressure and I took extreme precautions to deal with the hydraulic fluid that I knew was coming, but I still managed to make a mess in the driveway.
I was ready to test the shaft and see if the blower worked. The dealer had generously greased the shaft in every conceivable place. I know now that I should have wiped off any excess grease before firing up the PTO. Little did I know that the shaft is self-cleaning!! Several more marks in the driveway.....
So I'm all ready to hook up the chute hydraulic lines and wrap this project up. And they're too short!!! If I take both lines straight back from the snow blower housing to the 1025R connection points (not bothering to go through the hooks on the side of the tractor, just straight over the top of the front wheel), the black line is about 12 inches too short and the yellow line is about 4 inches too short. I even removed the housing of the chute angling hydraulic cylinder to see if there might be more hose hiding inside. Nothing doing. So I'll call the dealer again tomorrow.
If it weren't for the rest of you on this forum, I would be concluding about now that I am the first person to own this tractor and I'm helping to debug the design, manufacturing, and delivery processes.