Very Dissappointed with my new 1025R
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 158
Like Tree342Likes

Thread: Very Dissappointed with my new 1025R

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    06-14-2016 @ 11:37 AM
    Location
    Ontario, NY
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Very Dissappointed with my new 1025R

    I must say that I actually thought that purchasing this tractor could be a great experience. It frustrates me to no end reading all these posts about the rough starting and smoking on this engine. My machine has 25 Hours!!!!!!! on it. When it was new it started with a nice dark grey puff and took off running. Ran smooth as silk, at the 17 hour mark it started to act like it was totally flooded on startup. Blowing a horrendous amount of whitish/blue smoke. Smelling like raw diesel and running like someone just pulled the power on 2 out of the 3 cylinders. this goes on for about 30- 45 seconds and then clears up. Restarts fine until it gets cold and does the same thing all over. I know, I have been hearing the same issues but nobody seems to have come on the sight and said They fixed it. Obviously there is something going on and JD can't act stupid and say they have never heard of it. Needless to say it goes to the dealer next week for the second time. The other time was what was acting like a stuck diff lock (no it was not in 4 wheel) actually pealing the sealer off my fresh sealed driveway, this was happening when I was backing out of garage after having emergency brake on. they could not duplicate this random problem so I was sent on my way. So in the nutshell I purchased a 20K tractor with implements and I have dealt with:

    Sticking differential lock.
    bad headlight switch
    Horrendous starting

    I want my 425 back!!!
    Very discouraged and not looking forward to the future
    I hate being without my equipment. And shouldn't have to this early in the game.
    I am going on 60 and was hoping for a tractor that could make my life easier

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    bob
    bob is offline
    bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    09-05-2019 @ 09:39 AM
    Location
    central PA
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked 48 Times in 38 Posts
    I'm sorry that you are experiencing some difficulties. I am not a mechanic but have read and learned a lot on this forum. You may have a fuel/fuel filter problem that can be corrected. So can the differential lock issue. There are plenty of people on this forum that can help you...but I also think your dealer should help as your tractor is so new. I think that proper dealer set up and follow up assistance go a long way in making ownership of any tractor an enjoyable experience. There are many owners here who are very pleased with this tractor, myself included. Hang in there! It will get better!
    Levi likes this.
    2011 John Deere 1026R
    H120 FEL with 53 inch bucket
    60D Auto-Connect mower deck
    54 inch snowblower
    647 tiller
    i-match
    Heavy Hitch
    TuffTop
    Ken's bolt on hooks
    ballast box
    wheel weights
    steering wheel spinner knob

  4. Top | #3
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:31 AM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    34,107
    Thanks
    5,761
    Thanked 3,936 Times in 2,901 Posts
    screamineagle, As bob stated, it will get better. You also probably helped yourself a little just by posting up your thoughts. John Deere sees enough of these it has got to hit home sooner or later.
    Levi likes this.
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    HouseMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 07:38 AM
    Location
    Witness Protection Program.
    Posts
    967
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 101 Times in 80 Posts
    Is that all? Man, if you could have seen the DJ flatbed driver here at the house all summer.... He is now on my Christmas card list.
    2017 Ford F350, 6.7, DRW, 4x4.

    1026R with block heater and Curtis Cab, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks combo, 54" Front Mount snow blower, 60" MMM, H-120 FEL, Ballast Box, 100Lbs wheel weights, BB2048, sprayer with 7' boom, Front Mount HeavyHitch, John Deere tow behind spreader, 260 Backhoe With BXPanded Thumbs, Bro-Tek 1.5" Spacers.

  7. Top | #5
    Fit Rite Hydraulics MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    631
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 128 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    screamineagle, As bob stated, it will get better. You also probably helped yourself a little just by posting up your thoughts. John Deere sees enough of these it has got to hit home sooner or later.
    What is sad is that anything even has to be done. He bought a brand new tractor and has to go though anything is sad in my mind.

    This is not just JD, but seems to apply to just about everything these days.

    What gets me, is that in the tractor market in general that so much of this stuff seems to point back to the dealer and if they are competent or not. Seems like a lot of issues should be caught during dealer prep and simply are not because or various reasons.
    Gizmo2, bob, DRobinson and 4 others like this.
    Brian

    Manufacturer of Fit Rite Hydraulics

  8. Top | #6
    HouseMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 07:38 AM
    Location
    Witness Protection Program.
    Posts
    967
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 101 Times in 80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    What is sad is that anything even has to be done. He bought a brand new tractor and has to go though anything is sad in my mind.

    This is not just JD, but seems to apply to just about everything these days.

    What gets me, is that in the tractor market in general that so much of this stuff seems to point back to the dealer and if they are competent or not. Seems like a lot of issues should be caught during dealer prep and simply are not because or various reasons.
    Oh I agree about dealer prep! They caught one major with mine before delivery. The other issues developed or surfaced after the fact. Most were identified here on GTT.
    2017 Ford F350, 6.7, DRW, 4x4.

    1026R with block heater and Curtis Cab, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks combo, 54" Front Mount snow blower, 60" MMM, H-120 FEL, Ballast Box, 100Lbs wheel weights, BB2048, sprayer with 7' boom, Front Mount HeavyHitch, John Deere tow behind spreader, 260 Backhoe With BXPanded Thumbs, Bro-Tek 1.5" Spacers.

  9. Top | #7
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:31 AM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    34,107
    Thanks
    5,761
    Thanked 3,936 Times in 2,901 Posts
    MtnViewRanch, So true.
    Currently I am in "difference of opinion" discussions with two different car Companies plus not happy with JD.
    The only way I seem to get satisfaction is at the Company level and I've been to the Rodeo a few times.
    I will be at a car dealership tomorrow morning having our car checked, a representative from the car Company set up the appointment. The representative called me this morning and said he will call me while I am there to make certain all is going well.

    The other car Company and I are in total agreement as of yesterday.
    Still working on the JD.
    Myasis Dragon and BigJim55 like this.
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  10. Top | #8
    rgd
    rgd is offline
    rgd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    02-18-2019 @ 10:52 AM
    Location
    Flint, Texas
    Posts
    2,160
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 227 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    MtnViewRanch, So true.
    Currently I am in "difference of opinion" discussions with two different car Companies plus not happy with JD.
    The only way I seem to get satisfaction is at the Company level and I've been to the Rodeo a few times.
    I will be at a car dealership tomorrow morning having our car checked, a representative from the car Company set up the appointment. The representative called me this morning and said he will call me while I am there to make certain all is going well.

    The other car Company and I are in total agreement as of yesterday.
    Still working on the JD.
    Whats the scoop on the problems Giz? You can pm me if you dont want it public
    JD 2520 TLB
    JD gt 275

    Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

  11. Top | #9
    DRobinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    10,465
    Thanks
    2,086
    Thanked 2,280 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    MtnViewRanch, So true.
    Currently I am in "difference of opinion" discussions with two different car Companies plus not happy with JD.
    The only way I seem to get satisfaction is at the Company level and I've been to the Rodeo a few times.
    I will be at a car dealership tomorrow morning having our car checked, a representative from the car Company set up the appointment. The representative called me this morning and said he will call me while I am there to make certain all is going well.

    The other car Company and I are in total agreement as of yesterday.
    Still working on the JD.
    It will be interesting to hear the outcome.
    Don

    2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

  12. Top | #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    06-14-2016 @ 11:37 AM
    Location
    Ontario, NY
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    I'm sorry that you are experiencing some difficulties. I am not a mechanic but have read and learned a lot on this forum. You may have a fuel/fuel filter problem that can be corrected. So can the differential lock issue. There are plenty of people on this forum that can help you...but I also think your dealer should help as your tractor is so new. I think that proper dealer set up and follow up assistance go a long way in making ownership of any tractor an enjoyable experience. There are many owners here who are very pleased with this tractor, myself included. Hang in there! It will get better!
    The sad thing is, just before I purchased this tractor I was offered a killer deal on the Orange one. Thousands $$ less. My loyalty to the 7 John Deere's I have had won. Curious to see how this goes.

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •