Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: warranty work and 200 hour service

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    03-16-2019 @ 05:50 PM
    Thanks

warranty work and 200 hour service

Last Friday the 24th my dealer picks up my 1025r for an hydraulic leak at the mid PTO shaft. I state as well as repairing that problem might as well do the 200 hour service as I have 156 hours on unit and it will be the middle of winter when I get to the 200 hour mark. Their is also a problem with the center blade cutting lower then the two outside blades on the 54" deck and would you look into that problem. Yesterday afternoon I CALL THE DEALER to check the status of tractor and am told, "oh it's finished warranty work is completed and the transmission work you requested also". I said I didn't request any transmission work but what do I owe? The serviceman on the other end says I'll have to call you back as it seems to be a problem with the bill. A few minutes later I receive a call back and am told the bill is $447.00. About faint and ask what was done to reach $447.00, am told the warranty work, 200 hour service and the deck work. I tell him I'll be Saturday morning to discuss the bill. I then contact the salesman whom I've bought all my equipment through to have an itemized bill e-mailed and to investigate. Here's the break down of the bill:
    $297.00 for 200 hour service=$190.88 for labor, parts $98.12 and Misc. $8.17

complaint:
    (Warr) trans/HYD oil leak (Mid-PTO area) Deck is scalping at center blade
    Correction:
    Changed transmission oil and filter
    Leveled Mower Deck
    Found a Leak on Rock Shaft Lift Arms, Snap ring out of place, fixed placement
    Labor $68.00 Parts $21.40 total : $89.40

$30.00 for pick-up/delivery $31.25 for good ole NYS tax

Anyone here think $300.00 for 200 hour service is ridicules!!!!
    Last edited by 3darcher; 11-01-2014 at 07:17 AM. Reason: added wording

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Thanks
    What is the labor rate? My dealer is 100 per hour. $300 for 200 hour service may be ridiculous, but probably normal. $30.00 for pickup is pretty good.
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,058 Times in 2,223 Posts
    They don't list the prices of the hyd oil change - and don't know what tractor you have, but....

My 2520 takes 4 gallons of hydraulic oil for a change. The Deere Low-Vis oil is about $18 per gallon. The filer is around $25. So right there you about $100 worth of your bill.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 07:38 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3darcher View Post
    Last Friday the 24th my dealer picks up my 1025r for an hydraulic leak at the mid PTO shaft. I state as well as repairing that problem might as well do the 200 hour service as I have 156 hours on unit and it will be the middle of winter when I get to the 200 hour mark. Their is also a problem with the center blade cutting lower then the two outside blades on the 54" deck and would you look into that problem. Yesterday afternoon I CALL THE DEALER to check the status of tractor and am told, "oh it's finished warranty work is completed and the transmission work you requested also". I said I didn't request any transmission work but what do I owe? The serviceman on the other end says I'll have to call you back as it seems to be a problem with the bill. A few minutes later I receive a call back and am told the bill is $447.00. About faint and ask what was done to reach $447.00, am told the warranty work, 200 hour service and the deck work. I tell him I'll be Saturday morning to discuss the bill. I then contact the salesman whom I've bought all my equipment through to have an itemized bill e-mailed and to investigate. Here's the break down of the bill:
    $297.00 for 200 hour service=$190.88 for labor, parts $98.12 and Misc. $8.17

complaint:
    (Warr) trans/HYD oil leak (Mid-PTO area) Deck is scalping at center blade
    Correction:
    Changed transmission oil and filter
    Leveled Mower Deck
    Found a Leak on Rock Shaft Lift Arms, Snap ring out of place, fixed placement
    Labor $68.00 Parts $21.40 total : $89.40

$30.00 for pick-up/delivery $31.25 for good ole NYS tax

Anyone here think $300.00 for 200 hour service is ridicules!!!!
    Here is a scan of my Operators Manual. It states that "After the First 50 Hours" you should Change the transmission Oil and Filter and Clean the transmission suction screen. Further down it states "Every 200 Hours" you should Change the transmission oil and filter..... So, as I understand this, the next transmission oil and filter change is due at 250 Hours. Based on the fact that it was just changed at the 50Hr mark and is due 200 Hours beyond that mark.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scan0001.jpg  
    2017 Ford F350, 6.7, DRW, 4x4.

1026R with block heater and Curtis Cab, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks combo, 54" Front Mount snow blower, 60" MMM, H-120 FEL, Ballast Box, 100Lbs wheel weights, BB2048, sprayer with 7' boom, Front Mount HeavyHitch, John Deere tow behind spreader, 260 Backhoe With BXPanded Thumbs, Bro-Tek 1.5" Spacers.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseMouse View Post
    Here is a scan of my Operators Manual. It states that "After the First 50 Hours" you should Change the transmission Oil and Filter and Clean the transmission suction screen. Further down it states "Every 200 Hours" you should Change the transmission oil and filter..... So, as I understand this, the next transmission oil and filter change is due at 250 Hours. Based on the fact that it was just changed at the 50Hr mark and is due 200 Hours beyond that mark.
    I think that means to change the tranny oil at 200 hours, not 250. If for no other reason than to make it easier to remember.
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 07:38 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arlen View Post
    I think that means to change the tranny oil at 200 hours, not 250. If for no other reason than to make it easier to remember.
    The key words are "after" and "every" in the manual. Yes, it is quite confusing, which makes me think that 250 on the machine is the magic mark. Guess we need a referee or someone with a direct link to JD for interpretation.
    2017 Ford F350, 6.7, DRW, 4x4.

1026R with block heater and Curtis Cab, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks combo, 54" Front Mount snow blower, 60" MMM, H-120 FEL, Ballast Box, 100Lbs wheel weights, BB2048, sprayer with 7' boom, Front Mount HeavyHitch, John Deere tow behind spreader, 260 Backhoe With BXPanded Thumbs, Bro-Tek 1.5" Spacers.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 07:31 PM
    Thanks
    This bill does seem normal, especially for the 200 hour service. I did my initial hyd. oil change myself because the oil and filter came to over $100 alone. It took me about two hours to do it, so you can see how fast this bill can climb to the $400 mark if you ask for more labor time to adjust the blades (which the deck only has a 1 year warranty, unlike the tractor itself).

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    03-16-2019 @ 05:50 PM
    Thanks

bill adjustment

Just returned from the dealer. Their was confusion between myself and the service writer over the phone. After speaking with the service manager we agreed to terms and some work was added to the warranty. The 1025R is under a year old so the deck service was warrantied, the PTO leak and tranny fluid change also. So I ended up paying the $190.00 for labor and $112.00 for filters and fluids for the 200 hour service. The original bill was for $60.00 pick up/delivery which they discounted to $30.00 and ultimately didn't charge me. All in all I am happier after speaking with the service manager along with the salesman. All of us agreed better communication could have been and will be forth coming in the future. Thanks to all that have replied, lesson learned and I will be doing my own service in the future at the recommended interval's. For convenience this time I asked for them to do the work, just wasn't prepared for the cost!!!!

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:11 PM
    Thanks
    Very confusing...
    What was done to correct the mid PTO oil leak?
    Snap ring on lift arm off and leaking? Were you charged for that?
    Service and deck level of course would not be covered under warranty.
    One sure way to cure future problems with billing....
    NEVER AUTHORIZE ANY WORK TO BE DONE UNTIL THE JOB OR JOBS ARE FULLY QUOTED!
    We quote EVERY repair that comes through our shop. If we are doing a repair and something else pops up, we stop, get a price and call the customer. yes, its a pain sometimes and some jobs are impossible to fully quote until its torn down. In that case we give a quote up front on what its gonna cost to tear it down. Then we quote the repair.
    This way, there is never a surprize when the customer comes to get their machine.
    We even quote and call the customer even though they say.. "just fix it, I'm not worried about the cost". Well you will care when you get a bill for 1200 bucks and you had in yur head it was gonna be 300. LOL!
    arlen and spferdil like this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,058 Times in 2,223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseMouse View Post
    The key words are "after" and "every" in the manual. Yes, it is quite confusing, which makes me think that 250 on the machine is the magic mark. Guess we need a referee or someone with a direct link to JD for interpretation.
    This is how I read it also and what I follow.

In all reality 50 hours more or less isn't worth arguing over at that point as long as the important first 50 hour change is done.

I did mine at 50 hours then at 250 hours - next time will be at 450 hours.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast