1025r 54 inch auto connect mower deck vs X590 54 inch accel deep deck

Thread: 1025r 54 inch auto connect mower deck vs X590 54 inch accel deep deck

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-03-2019 @ 06:49 PM
    Thanks

Hi,
    I'm thinking of swapping out my old JD LA135SE for an X590, as I think the transmission is starting to go, and I’d like something with power steering etc so the kids can start to help with the mowing.

I've been chewing over whether or not it would be worth just getting the 54 inch deck for the 1025r instead, since the X590 retails for $14200 in Australia (yikes!). JD has the 0% for 3 years deal on until the end of April, so I'm looking into it again.

My question is about the decks. I've been trying to find some comparison between the 1025r autoconnect deck and the accel deep decks on the x series mowers. Is it the same deck on both or is the 1025r deck a bit different in cut quality, strength of steel etc.

I'd appreciate any info comparatively about the decks. Maybe the autoconnect deck is better again than the lawn tractor deck, I don't know, but it's worth considering given the cost of a new mower. I can trade the LA135 in for about $1500-$2000 (but I reckon once they see it they’ll offer about $800-$1000), so that helps, but a 54 inch autoconnect deck is $3500. I could probably just keep the LA135 for cutting in work and do the bulk of the mowing with the 1025R and the swisher, and the rest would be money in my pocket, not sure yet. I would like to have the X590 as well as it would be handy to have two good machines, but the price is a bit steep. I understand it's a good piece of equipment though.

Any insight would be appreciated.

regards,

craby

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 09:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    I don't have the 54" but I think both the X series deep deck and the 60" drive over I have are both what was called the 7 IRON decks. Seeing as the 54" is a drive over I'd say it's the same as the X series and the 60" I have. The cut depends on your blades. Some people don't like the 60" because it hangs wide and mowing on a hill sideways doesn't give them the cut quality they want. I don't mow a golf course so I don't care, I just want to mow as much as I can in one pass so I can get done sooner. My mowing takes me 5 or 6 hours. Also the 60" being wider makes it so I can mow closer to objects without getting the tractor so close. Makes a big difference in what I mow around.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1˝" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    09-19-2019 @ 06:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by craby View Post
    Hi,
    I'm thinking of swapping out my old JD LA135SE for an X590, as I think the transmission is starting to go, and I’d like something with power steering etc so the kids can start to help with the mowing.

I've been chewing over whether or not it would be worth just getting the 54 inch deck for the 1025r instead, since the X590 retails for $14200 in Australia (yikes!). JD has the 0% for 3 years deal on until the end of April, so I'm looking into it again.

My question is about the decks. I've been trying to find some comparison between the 1025r autoconnect deck and the accel deep decks on the x series mowers. Is it the same deck on both or is the 1025r deck a bit different in cut quality, strength of steel etc.

I'd appreciate any info comparatively about the decks. Maybe the autoconnect deck is better again than the lawn tractor deck, I don't know, but it's worth considering given the cost of a new mower. I can trade the LA135 in for about $1500-$2000 (but I reckon once they see it they’ll offer about $800-$1000), so that helps, but a 54 inch autoconnect deck is $3500. I could probably just keep the LA135 for cutting in work and do the bulk of the mowing with the 1025R and the swisher, and the rest would be money in my pocket, not sure yet. I would like to have the X590 as well as it would be handy to have two good machines, but the price is a bit steep. I understand it's a good piece of equipment though.

regards,

craby
    Both decks may be the same size, possibly the same basic stamp mold as well, however he biggest difference is going to be in mounting and lifting hardware. The frames of the 590 / 1025 are not the same, the center pto’s are also not the same. Besides paint, the blades spindles and drive belt may also be the same as the stamp would make it easy to use the same parts. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1025R-H120 FEL, AUTO CONNECT 52"MMM, BALLAST BOX, 60" 3PT SNOWBLOWER, 52" 3PT SWEEPER, TOW BEHIND YORK RAKE, 3PT QUICK HITCH

Mods- Rops aux LED lighting, LED headlight & fender & hazard conversions, PTO reverse switch mod, MMM custom rubber discharge chute, snowblower impeller mod, snowblower electric chute rotator, custom snowblower skid shoes, custom sweeper park stands.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:54 PM
    Thanks
    Another thing to consider.

You have two machines now so storage and maint of a replacement machine isn't an issue. Do you want to put the hours on the 1025R?

I assume you have a FEL on the 1025R. While it is easier to mount and remove than my CTC, you still don't want to mow with the FEL on if you have any trees you are trying to get around. So you are probably going to be taking it off a lot more. I noticed I use my FEL a lot more since getting a dedicated mowing machine vs one that does everything.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    09-19-2019 @ 06:34 PM
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craby View Post
    Hi,

regards,

craby
    Regarding the drive over 54”, I own one and mow about an acre each summer. I actually don’t like the autoconnect deck as much as I would have hoped. Here’s my pro con list:

Pro:
    Quick to install / remove

Decent cut quality on flat lawn

Con:
    If your lawn is uneven (mine is) the deck does not float well due to all the auto connect mounting hardware resulting in scalping or misses from the machine tilting and the deck being much more rigid.

Cannot lift the deck as high when not in use due to auto connect hardware interference against the tractor frame.

Cut height limited to the top 1/3 of the adjustment wheel (but still cuts low) because of the mounting hardware, lowers the deck connection from he tractor.

In short, if you don’t mind leaving it connected all summer with an occasional dismount, go with the standard connect mower. If you have a flat lawn or need to remove it constantly for other work where he deck would get in the way, get the auto connect deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by s1283; 04-15-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    1025R-H120 FEL, AUTO CONNECT 52"MMM, BALLAST BOX, 60" 3PT SNOWBLOWER, 52" 3PT SWEEPER, TOW BEHIND YORK RAKE, 3PT QUICK HITCH

Mods- Rops aux LED lighting, LED headlight & fender & hazard conversions, PTO reverse switch mod, MMM custom rubber discharge chute, snowblower impeller mod, snowblower electric chute rotator, custom snowblower skid shoes, custom sweeper park stands.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to s1283 For This Useful Post:

9MMMAC (04-17-2018)

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    10-03-2019 @ 06:49 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks gents, that's exactly the advice I was looking for.

I went to the local dealership yesterday and they had a 54" autoconnect on the new 1025R and also some X300 series with the 54" accel decks, so I could compare directly. The accel deck looked deeper, but the build quality seemed to be about the same.

In Australia the JD loader has a heap of anti-roll back stuff on it that I'd have to screw around unplugging when I take the loader off. Admittedly I can do it fairly quickly, but not as quickly as just backing the mower out. Now that I've seen one of the X series mowers up close, I think it's the way to go. I agree that having a second machine is handier and I wouldn't be putting the hours on the tractor. My neighbour has just agreed to buy the LA135 off me as well so that's it sorted.

Apparently there's no X590's in the country and they're a special order with a 2-3 month wait. It's almost winter now so I've probably only got one more mow to do and then I can wait for the new machine. The cost of the 54 autoconnect is basically the cost of a D series mower anyway, so I think coughing for the X590 will be the best option as it'll be a long term investment like the 1025. It's certainly quite capable and I can have both it and the 1025R in play around the farm.

Thanks very much for your views, I really appreciate it. I think I'll be pulling the trigger on the X590 sometime in the next week once I can strike the deal.

regards,

craby

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements