Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree255Likes

Thread: After 3 years of trying to mow I can say I finally hate my 1025R

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-10-2019 @ 10:06 PM
    Thanks

After 3 years of trying to mow I can say I finally hate my 1025R

Im sorry folks. I am so out of breath right now and done this evert year for 3 years and absolutely hate it. Whomever came up with the auto connect should have rethought this. I have to take off every part to put the snowblower on every year and it works ok. Then comes the spring and I have to put everything back on to mow. The frame parts all go on OK.

The comes the AUTOMATIC part. I go through this every year and get furious and usually calm down. After about 30 attempts the mower finally slams on. I don't get it. I drive over the deck and it gets 95% of the way and never locks. My old trick was to manually try to line up the connector with the deck position so that the star lines up. This year no dice. So I push the mower and mower forward and unsuccessfully try to connect for about an hour, messing with the cross and no dice.

Im sorry but I am at my wits end, this cost me a fortune and I wish I just had a deck with a drive shaft and the dealer pushed this wonderful feature on me. I had considered buying a separate mower but at this point with close to $30k in this combination machine it wouldn't be worth keeping.

Plus the fact it compacts my soil terribly with turf tires and mower very badly. I did the fix here and it improved which was pathetic that so many were wrong from the factory.

I guess what I am saying is for $30k it would be nice for this to be easy.

A big part to buying this was to save stress on my body from past surgeries. There is no way I could keep muscles this accessories and misfits in a few more years.

Anyone with valium or a welder that can permanently weld my autonightmare mower please let me know.
    Last edited by silvercymbal; 04-14-2018 at 04:21 PM.
    wildbranch2007 and TJR345 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    01-06-2019 @ 07:14 AM
    Thanks
    Sorry to hear of the frustration. Just curious if you've ever voiced your concerns to your dealer and what they said?

I've had issues when transferring a AutoConnect deck from one tractor to another, but never removing and reinstalling on the same machine.

Those mowers and attaching parts must be aligned just right and normally once "setup" from the dealer, this isn't too much of an issue. Maybe some jiggling here and there to get it to fully align, but not the headache you're talking about.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goodworkstractors View Post
    Sorry to hear of the frustration. Just curious if you've ever voiced your concerns to your dealer and what they said?

I've had issues when transferring a AutoConnect deck from one tractor to another, but never removing and reinstalling on the same machine.

Those mowers and attaching parts must be aligned just right and normally once "setup" from the dealer, this isn't too much of an issue. Maybe some jiggling here and there to get it to fully align, but not the headache you're talking about.
    My dealer went out of business a year after I bought it. Padula brothers is only going to recommend I bring it in at cost for them to repair it. Only thing I can think of is that it was setup wrong from the dealer initially. Coming off is never a problem, going on has never been smooth.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,090 Times in 2,255 Posts
    Have you gone through the steps here? A lot of people have found that their mower deck was never set up properly from the dealer. They have found success by following all the steps outlined here:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...djustment.html

There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to take the deck on and off every day if you wanted to.
    Kennyd, dieselshadow, Levi and 7 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coaltrain For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (04-14-2018), Superglidesport (04-16-2018), Tractor Tim (04-15-2018)

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    I found an old post with the install directions for the auto connect. This can't be right then. I am going to look at the adjustment bolt on the female side. It looks like there is suppose to be a 1mm gap at the end of a bolt per the directions. Maybe I will get lucky..

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 09:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silvercymbal View Post
    My dealer went out of business a year after I bought it. Padula brothers is only going to recommend I bring it in at cost for them to repair it. Only thing I can think of is that it was setup wrong from the dealer initially. Coming off is never a problem, going on has never been smooth.
    I know this will be at a cost but maybe a one time cost to a dealer that knows how to set it up right would be worth it. I had to take mine in to get redone and it's worked great since. If you did have it done right by someone then you would know how it's supposed to be from that point on as you can then see how it is and even take pics to let you know later should you forget.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1˝" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,607 Posts
    Sorry to hear of your problems, maybe once or twice I've had issues after it was setup correctly in the past 5 yrs. Guessing yours wasn't setup correctly. One thing have you checked your rear tire pressures if tire or tires are low that can cause you problems. If after checking the setup per this website and still have issues , paying the dealer the cost of setting it up correctly may be the best money spent. I will agree it is a pain to remove the lift arms every fall and installing every spring. For me I remove the lift arms, and back bracket that holds the auto connect part all connected together.

IMO 54" gives the best cut on slopes and level yards. I've had a 60" and will never buy another 60" deck.. Mows terrible on a sloped yard. One piece of advise, if it is a 60" keep the gauge wheels all but touching a hard surface then it mows fair..
    Troutsniffer, Levi and Robnik like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Ok, so I haven't exactly fallen in love again yet, since my chest is killing me from pushing the power back and forth but I think i may have figured this out.

I checked and adjusted the bolt on the auto connect adapter but I don't think thats it.

What seems to be is actually the front deck height bolts. They were adjusted too far inward. The issue with these bolts that if they are way too far in it actually shortens the total mount of the auto connect adapter that can fit in the socket. I carefully loosened and counted the turns on each and it probably allowed another 1/4 or 1/2" of movement and this seems to allow it to work properly now.

Very strange and it sounds like I will need to go through and re-level the deck, etc per the procedure here.

I think my VT dealer was not too great which is probably why they closed.

I make a lot of videos on YT some of you may have seen my channel.

Probably a good thing I didn't record this one! But i suppose it could have been a great comedy video!

Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC67...AhKv2oYDATwR8g

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,607 Posts
    Good to hear,, yep that will cause you trouble of not connecting, sometimes only one complete turn of the nuts,,, Don't forget to tighten both sides.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,090 Times in 2,255 Posts
    You need to take a breath and set aside some time - follow the instructions that I linked to. All of them. Start from the start and follow each step.

This will be time we’ll spent - you shouldn’t have to mess with it again. The deck should click right on with no effort. It just needs to be set up properly from the beginning.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast