• 2 Post By HouseMouse
  • 2 Post By HouseMouse

Thread: Remove mmm holder-upper

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-27-2019 @ 10:32 AM
    Thanks

Remove mmm holder-upper

Excuse my non technical lingo. Since I'm done with the mower this winter, I'd like to remove the bars and pto shaft for the mower.

I took these two pictures.

Do I just unclip these two circled clips on both sides and it comes off? Does the pto shaft come of where I circled it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1415926472427.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1415926500000.jpg  
    JD 1026r

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Thanks
    Just in case you do not know - you can hold that bracket in the "up" position using the lock setting on the mower height knob. That's what I do all winter and when I bush-hog etc. Never had an issue with it catching on anything.
    Last edited by Hoosier; 11-13-2014 at 07:16 PM.
    Levi likes this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:42 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbowen89 View Post
    Excuse my non technical lingo. Since I'm done with the mower this winter, I'd like to remove the bars and pto shaft for the mower.

Do I just unclip these two circled clips on both sides and it comes off? Does the pto shaft come of where I circled it?

I removed my deck hanging brackets before installing my snowblower. I removed my to get the auto connect out of the way.
    etcallhome and Levi like this.
    PAST: 13' X738, 87' 318, 72' 140 (wish I still had all of them)
    PRESENT: 1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, 47" QH blower, Case 52" tiller, FIMCO Sprayer, Ballast Box, Subsoiler, springs & hooks
    FUTURE: Forks, Cab, Quick Hitch Blade

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:06 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,395 Posts

Cudo's on the pictures to ask your question. Makes use of the technical terms less vital in the question.

Just raise your mower deck height knob to it's highest setting (probably 5" on the knob or so) and the mower lift arms will retract out of your way. No need to remove them.

on the PTO, just slide the collar towards the front of the tractor while pulling back on the PTO and off it will slide. In the spring, put some grease on the PTO shaft (male part) and it will make reattaching the PTO MUCH EASIER........

And use the doohicky next to the thing a majig to get the whatcha ma call it to comply. Just be a wiseA$$.......:

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    I had it in the lock setting when I took that picture. Putting it at 5" is better though, it won't come down at all with the 3pt?
    JD 1026r

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 07:38 AM
    Thanks

Yes, you are correct on the removal procedures involving the clips. There is a little trick I do when I remove mine. First I remove the PTO Drive shaft as noted by another poster. Then I remove the rear two Pins at the bottom only, leaving the suspension drive system hanging to the ground. Then, I remove one of the "adjustable(?)" top looped half from the frame hanger. After removal and not twisting it in or out on the threaded lower part, I safety wire it in place to the lower half and attach it back to the suspension system. This way it's not out of adjustment for next years summer install. No hassles. Lastly, the front two pins are removed. Don't forget to do the other side also.
    Last edited by HouseMouse; 11-14-2014 at 07:52 AM.
    2017 Ford F350, 6.7, DRW, 4x4.

1026R with block heater and Curtis Cab, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks combo, 54" Front Mount snow blower, 60" MMM, H-120 FEL, Ballast Box, 100Lbs wheel weights, BB2048, sprayer with 7' boom, Front Mount HeavyHitch, John Deere tow behind spreader, 260 Backhoe With BXPanded Thumbs, Bro-Tek 1.5" Spacers.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for that walkthrough. Can I somehow use the height knob to make it stay up though? I cant get it to do that.
    JD 1026r

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 07:38 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks for that walkthrough. Can I somehow use the height knob to make it stay up though? I cant get it to do that.
    Yes. On your "Cutting Height" adjustment knob, there is a position called "Locked". Although I only used it once, It worked fine. Think you raise the suspension system all the way up VIA joy stick and then turn knob to locked position and that should fix you right up. "Think" someone has a thread here in the past about their adjustment knob wouldn't lock either. Turned out it was just an knob adjustment issue only. EZ fix.
    2017 Ford F350, 6.7, DRW, 4x4.

1026R with block heater and Curtis Cab, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks combo, 54" Front Mount snow blower, 60" MMM, H-120 FEL, Ballast Box, 100Lbs wheel weights, BB2048, sprayer with 7' boom, Front Mount HeavyHitch, John Deere tow behind spreader, 260 Backhoe With BXPanded Thumbs, Bro-Tek 1.5" Spacers.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:38 AM
    Thanks

You can remove the auto connect mechanism if desired using the steps you have circled, although, as some others have said, you can just lift the mower linkage up all the way and turn the height adjustment knob to the lock position. This will hold the MMM linkage up when you lower the three point. The only reason for actually removing the MMM auto connect mechanism is if you have a front mount snow blower. If you have a front mount snow blower, the MMM auto connect mechanism needs to be removed since the snowblower driveshaft drives off the same PTO as the MMM.
    Also, the MMM adjustable lift links on each side can have jam nuts installed to prevent them from turning when removing. Get two 3/8"-24 nuts, remove the adjustable lift links, remove the clevis ends (count the turns so you can put them back to the same location), thread the jam nuts on, re-install the clevis ends and tighten the jam nuts.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    You can make it look like it's on the lock position turning it clockwise and counter clockwise. I had gone the wrong way, but it locked up now so everything's good. Thanks guys!

Now to mount a rear light!
    JD 1026r

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements