• 3 Post By DennisM
  • 1 Post By HydroHarold

Thread: Exhaust Deflector 54" JD Snowblower

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-17-2019 @ 02:51 AM
    Thanks

Exhaust Deflector 54" JD Snowblower

I was having trouble with the tractor exhaust melting the snow in the blower due to the direction of the exhaust pipe directing the heat to the back of the blower head. So I made a heat defector which has made a big difference. I am not a mechanical drawing expert so bare with me. I cut a 1-1/2"x2"x12" piece of a pressure treated 2x4for the spacer. I used the hole that where in the side frame of the Blower Lift (3/8").

The piece of metal was the front off a old junk JD snow blower I had taken parts off of. It measures 15"x5-3/4". The 45 degree clips are measured 2" down from the top. The bottom measures 10-1/2". The slot cut out for the locking pin is 5/8" from the edge and is 1"wide and 2" deep.

The bottom whole in the metal is 1" from the bottom and the top matches up with the top whole in the frame.

I hope it is not too confusing but the pictures should help you understand.
    Dennis
    etcallhome, Duke Snyder and 5304 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 05:04 AM
    Thanks
    That looks nice. Other than the blower turning black, the exhaust blowing on the blower hasn't been an issue for me.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk
    Eric

2011 1026R / H120 / 60D auto-connect, independent-lift mmm / 54" snowblower / 4' KK Pro rotary mower / KK 4' tiller

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisM View Post
    I was having trouble with the tractor exhaust melting the snow in the blower due to the direction of the exhaust pipe directing the heat to the back of the blower head.]\:
    You aren't the only one unsatisfied with the 10XX series exhaust direction. Stock location is only useful for center and rear mounted attachments... I took a different route and so did some others...

(click here)http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...n-failure.html

BTW, since the pictures I shortened the length of the pipe a bit to clear the tire better and turned the outlet 45º upward. No mo' black FEL or blade!
    Duke Snyder likes this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements