Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: New 1025R

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-27-2015 @ 08:33 PM
    Thanks

New 1025R

They delivered my new 1025R on Friday and after the driver left I noticed that it was missing one of the pins for the gauge wheels. Drove back to the dealer and picked up a pin (only four miles). Saturday got a chance to look at everything and noticed they gave me the wrong manual for the FEL and no manual for the 60D auto connect deck. Another trip to the dealer, got the right ones. Back home and notice that the dust valve on the air cleaner was missing and the nob for the 3PT rate of drop control was missing. Back to the dealer and I noticed that each time they got the parts I was missing off one of the other new tractors on the lot. I think I see the problem at this dealer. Not impressed with their predelivery checklist. Love the tractor. I have bought tractors and gators from this dealer for years and never had this problem. The salesman was furious with the guys in back that were suppose to get this tractor ready.
    etcallhome, HydroHarold and Levi like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    The salesguy should be just as mad at himself. Him passing the blame to the assembly guys (rather than owning up to it himself) should be an indication.

When my machine was dropped off, the salesguy came with it and walked me through the operation of the machine, removal/installation of all implements/accessories and double-checked everything on the machine.

I've seen this many times - Mgmt expects the workers to check their own work (which of course they should), but I don't know anyone who would look at the work they just did and think to themselves - hey I missed a bunch of stuff. It's never a good idea for the inspector to be the same person as the assembler. It's poor quality mgmt (I'm a Quality Engineer/Mgr by trade)

Bottom-line is your dealer should step up with SOMETHING to make this right. 3 trips back/forth to the dealer to correct their assembly issues is pathetic - afterall - you just spent $20K or so with them on this machine. Remind them that "word of mouth" can be both a positive or a negative experience. Everyone has issues - it's how they RESPOND to those issues that separates the dealers who get repeat business and the one's who go out of business.
    etcallhome, bob and Levi like this.
    -Scott-

2014 1025R - 60D 7-Iron MMM, H120 53" FEL/Ballast Box, Ken's hooks and Piranha toothbar, BB2048L Boxblade, 54" snowblade Quick-tatch w/full hydraulic lift/tilt.

You don't have to outrun the bear......just the other campers

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-22-2019 @ 09:41 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,901 Times in 1,066 Posts
    Congrats on the new tractor and . I'm thinking the dealer owes you but whatever, if I was you I'd take all the manuals, read them and go over your tractor as you do so you can find out what else was missed or put on wrong. I've always found this to work for me and got me familiar with the machine and the attachments. By the way, we love pics.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:32 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,517 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Congrats on new 1025R and Welcome from West Virginia

I've had the salesperson deliver , shop foreman , delivery person , and mechanic to deliver new tractor to me. Yes , little things can make or break a dealer and word or mouth can play a big part. Always been told bad news about a product,dealer, will spread a lot faster than good news.
    Thankful your dealer is only 4 miles away, and yes that does not fix there mistakes.
    Mine was delivered in July ,just noticed the other week a hose was routed wrong. Mechanic came to the house corrected the problem and told me "Sorry for the mistake"
    HydroHarold, Levi and xhere like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Thanks
    Congrats on your new tractor, and

At least the dealer is trying to fix it, and yes they should have been more attentive on the pre-delivery. The "missing parts" may be just a few things that grow legs and walk off when the new tractors are parked outside on display. Maybe you should suggest the dealer's mechanic come out and do another pre-delivery check, you may be missing something else that you're not aware of. I think that 4 trips on your part is generous enough. But then the advice of learning your new tractor is a good thing, let the dealer deliver your parts to you the next time.

Just my 2 cents.
    HydroHarold and Levi like this.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    Personally - I'd be telling the salesperson to get the checklist and get his butt over to my house to go over the rest of the machine.

You shouldn't have to do his job for him. But that's just me.
    HydroHarold likes this.
    -Scott-

2014 1025R - 60D 7-Iron MMM, H120 53" FEL/Ballast Box, Ken's hooks and Piranha toothbar, BB2048L Boxblade, 54" snowblade Quick-tatch w/full hydraulic lift/tilt.

You don't have to outrun the bear......just the other campers

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    10-26-2018 @ 05:39 AM
    Thanks
    Hey this sounds a lot like the dealer I bought my tractor from, which by the way it will not be returning there ever again while I own it. Everything I was missing, we walked to a new 1025R and stole it right off that machine. Why cant a dealer just order it and tell the customer it will be in in so X number of days? I think them going and stealing from a different machine looks worse than fixing the initial problem. Sure you get it right then, but what about the next guy that buys that tractor you just robbed from?

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    11-27-2015 @ 08:33 PM
    Thanks
    I'm not use to this kind of service. I spent 45 years in the aviation business and we would not survived doing business this way. I have read all the manuals from cover to cover and have now gone over all components with a fine tooth comb. This dealer has not always been this way. They are a very large dealer with stores in many towns here in Ohio, not sure what has happened to them but hope it does not indicate future service.
    Levi likes this.

11. Top | #9
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    Congrats on the new tractor. Hope the dealer gets it all taken care of for you, and SOON.

We have several on here involved in aviation, so you will fit right in!
    Last edited by farmgirl19; 11-19-2014 at 04:16 PM. Reason: typo, of course
    Levi likes this.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Check out everything you can reach on that new tractor! I had some hydraulic lines FALLING OFF the front plow, the MMM was set up to mow grass on Jupiter (more gravity to pull it down), the TLB seat would NOT TURN... BUT, the drop off guys were good explaining everything about the machine...

"...and Mr. Hydro, here's the boom and swing locking pins." and he handed them to me. I put the 2 pins in the holes in the BH floorboard where they store... "Oh.... That's what them holes are for...?"

Well, one can not know everything all the time.
    Levi likes this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast