1025R Snowblower Install
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Phil D
  • 1 Post By Adamq

Thread: 1025R Snowblower Install

  1. Top | #1
    Adamq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:02 AM
    Location
    Fort Johnson, NY
    Posts
    338
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts

    1025R Snowblower Install

    Hi everyone, I was spending some time getting my tractor ready for winter today. I installed the front brackets and quick hitch, and wanted to put the driveshaft underneath when I came upon an issue. I have the mower lift arms raised all the way and locked, but there was the bar that goes between the two that the mower deck latches on too was in the way. I un-bolted and have it in safe keeping, but was necessary or am I missing something.

    Thanks for the help

    Adam
    2019 2025R, H120 Loader, 260b Backhoe, 47 QH Snow BLower, EL23 Kuhn Tiller, I-match, Heavy Hitch and misc. attachments

    2016 X758, 54" HC mower, Quick Hitch, 60" blade, 3 pt hitch

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    John Deere 1025R TLB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 12:40 PM
    Location
    Scranton, PA Area
    Posts
    2,450
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 169 Times in 157 Posts
    The lift arms as well as the quick connect (if you have that)are required to be removed. I did my own as well. Just be careful with the shaft going through the bearings and along side the sensor. Leave beaaring mounts loose until you get it installed. Will make it much easier. By the way good luck with your new tractor/blower.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to John Deere 1025R TLB For This Useful Post:

    Adamq (11-24-2014)

  5. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    12-21-2017 @ 02:52 PM
    Location
    Boston NY near Buffalo
    Posts
    338
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 41 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamq View Post
    Hi everyone, I was spending some time getting my tractor ready for winter today. I installed the front brackets and quick hitch, and wanted to put the driveshaft underneath when I came upon an issue. I have the mower lift arms raised all the way and locked, but there was the bar that goes between the two that the mower deck latches on too was in the way. I un-bolted and have it in safe keeping, but was necessary or am I missing something.

    Thanks for the help

    Adam

    Adam...that was necessary. It was either unbolt and remove the shaft or remove the lift arms. (4 pins). I removed the lift arms based on dealer recommendation but next year I will do it your way. If you remove the lift arms you have to be very careful with the leveling yokes that they don't come out of adjustment.
    Phil d

    2014 1025r, FEL, 54D mmm, 647 Tiller, 54" Quick Hitch Blower, Power Flow MCS, JD Aeriator, JD Dethatcher.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Phil D For This Useful Post:

    Adamq (11-24-2014)

  7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  8. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    12-21-2017 @ 02:52 PM
    Location
    Boston NY near Buffalo
    Posts
    338
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 41 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D View Post
    Adam...that was necessary. It was either unbolt and remove the shaft or remove the lift arms. (4 pins). I removed the lift arms based on dealer recommendation but next year I will do it your way. If you remove the lift arms you have to be very careful with the leveling yokes that they don't come out of adjustment.

    I should have mentioned I do not have the quick connect feature on my deck. I manually connect the PTO shaft to the mm pto.
    ColonyPark likes this.
    Phil d

    2014 1025r, FEL, 54D mmm, 647 Tiller, 54" Quick Hitch Blower, Power Flow MCS, JD Aeriator, JD Dethatcher.

  9. Top | #5
    John Deere 1025R TLB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 12:40 PM
    Location
    Scranton, PA Area
    Posts
    2,450
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 169 Times in 157 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D View Post
    Adam...that was necessary. It was either unbolt and remove the shaft or remove the lift arms. (4 pins). I removed the lift arms based on dealer recommendation but next year I will do it your way. If you remove the lift arms you have to be very careful with the leveling yokes that they don't come out of adjustment.
    Next year on re-install of the MMM I am going to the hardware store and getting 4 locking nuts to lock those suckers in place once and for all. Should have had them as delivered. Just one more $$$$ cutting effort.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

  10. Top | #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    12-21-2017 @ 02:52 PM
    Location
    Boston NY near Buffalo
    Posts
    338
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 41 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Deere 1025R TLB View Post
    Next year on re-install of the MMM I am going to the hardware store and getting 4 locking nuts to lock those suckers in place once and for all. Should have had them as delivered. Just one more $$$$ cutting effort.
    You and me both!
    Phil d

    2014 1025r, FEL, 54D mmm, 647 Tiller, 54" Quick Hitch Blower, Power Flow MCS, JD Aeriator, JD Dethatcher.

  11. Top | #7
    Adamq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:02 AM
    Location
    Fort Johnson, NY
    Posts
    338
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts
    thanks for the insight guys, I did not have the manual for intstalling the snow blower so I just wanted to make sure I did it right. Today I had some short hoses made to connect the angle cylinder for my quick hitch so I can have my blade on for the snow they are talking about Wednesday.

    Thanks again

    Adam
    bearfoot likes this.
    2019 2025R, H120 Loader, 260b Backhoe, 47 QH Snow BLower, EL23 Kuhn Tiller, I-match, Heavy Hitch and misc. attachments

    2016 X758, 54" HC mower, Quick Hitch, 60" blade, 3 pt hitch

  12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •