• 2 Post By JimR
  • 5 Post By jgayman

Thread: 3 point Arms ?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-21-2019 @ 05:26 PM
    Thanks

3 point Arms ?

Now that I have the hitch rack and weights installed I notice a lot more that the 3 pt. arms move side to side quite a bit . I see how to adjust this play , but how much play should there be ? Does it change according to attachment ? Does it matter if the weights are up or down when using tractor or does the fact that they are there satisfy the counter weight necessity ? Thanks for the help all . Stay warm .
    Ron
    2016 1025R SILB (Self Installed Loader Backhoe)
    54 Autoconnect MMM
    JD Imatch
    Several homemade Mods
    Ken's bolt on grab hooks combo , Diff lock pedal , Oblong slings , Backhoe Steps
    Piranha tooth bar
    Artillian forks
    Armstong Ag 4' Box Blade
    Fimco 40 gal. 3 pt. sprayer
    Blue Hawk (?) Plug Aerator

2016 x580
    Power Flow 14 Bushel Bagger
    Brushguard
    Jeff's LED Taillights
    JD Mulch Kit
    42 Hyd. Tiller

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Thanks
    I keep mine tight with very little movement.
    etcallhome likes this.
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere X739 AWS 4X4, 60HC Auto Connect Deck, Front grader blade.
    John Deere 825i Gator

John Deere Tractors I have owned in the past.
    425 AWS, 455, 4400, 2210, 4710, 2320, 2720, X475, 1026R, 4120, 2025R

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:23 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 979 Posts
    I loosen mine up when attaching something and tighten them right down as part of adjusting the attachment and the 3PH. I like to have the rear weight up when using the tractor. Loose weight on the 3PH can really throw the tractor around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Levi likes this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by romcjr View Post
    I see how to adjust this play , but how much play should there be ? Does it change according to attachment ?
    As long as the arms aren't rubbing against your tires there isn't any actual problem. That said, things shifting around can make the operator uncomfortable at times. It can be a little surprising when you aren't paying attention and all of a sudden weights shift on you. This is really a matter of your comfort level and your willingness to "fiddle" with the arms. If you're willing to play, you can tighten things up and eliminate the swinging side to side but you'll need to re-adjust with each/every attachment. If you don't plan on using any other 3-pt attachments for the rest of the winter you may not have to play with it again until spring.

Does it matter if the weights are up or down when using tractor or does the fact that they are there satisfy the counter weight necessity
    The laws of physics are going to lean towards your weights being most effective when they are extended farthest out from the body of the tractor. I'd recommend you extend them out and keep an eye on them. As you play you'll find times when they are dragging on snow, etc... Pull them in a little when they do that. After a while you'll figure out *your* setting for the sweet-spot where they are extended as far as possible without ever dragging or hitting anything. Once you find that spot, make a mental note and you can just set to that spot when you fire up the tractor and head out to do some work. It's a little bit different for everyone.
    Kennyd and dieselshadow like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JimR For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (11-28-2014)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    10-21-2019 @ 05:26 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    I keep mine tight with very little movement.
    Good Morning ChrisR . What would you consider very little movement ? Mine move approximately 2"s side to side .
    Ron
    2016 1025R SILB (Self Installed Loader Backhoe)
    54 Autoconnect MMM
    JD Imatch
    Several homemade Mods
    Ken's bolt on grab hooks combo , Diff lock pedal , Oblong slings , Backhoe Steps
    Piranha tooth bar
    Artillian forks
    Armstong Ag 4' Box Blade
    Fimco 40 gal. 3 pt. sprayer
    Blue Hawk (?) Plug Aerator

2016 x580
    Power Flow 14 Bushel Bagger
    Brushguard
    Jeff's LED Taillights
    JD Mulch Kit
    42 Hyd. Tiller

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,668 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Good Morning ChrisR . What would you consider very little movement ? Mine move approximately 2"s side to side .
    I would consider that excessive. On my 2720 I try to keep the side-to-side movement to less than an inch. You want as little movement as possible without causing any binding.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,668 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    If you're willing to play, you can tighten things up and eliminate the swinging side to side but you'll need to re-adjust with each/every attachment. If you don't plan on using any other 3-pt attachments for the rest of the winter you may not have to play with it again until spring.
    This one of the areas that an iMatch really pays off. Once you mount the iMatch and adjust the stabilizer turnbuckles, you can then swap implements without having to readjust the turnbuckles.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,091 Times in 2,552 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I would consider that excessive. On my 2720 I try to keep the side-to-side movement to less than an inch. You want as little movement as possible without causing any binding.
    ^^^^^^^
    What he said
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Thanks
    I do have an iMatch hitch. I do not have to readjust the sway chains with the iMatch.

I am guessing mine moves maybe 1/8". I do not like them to have them so tight that there is no movement.
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere X739 AWS 4X4, 60HC Auto Connect Deck, Front grader blade.
    John Deere 825i Gator

John Deere Tractors I have owned in the past.
    425 AWS, 455, 4400, 2210, 4710, 2320, 2720, X475, 1026R, 4120, 2025R

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements