• 2 Post By 96PSD
  • 1 Post By ColonyPark

Thread: Had a problem with auto connect 60D deck today

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 10:21 AM
    Thanks

Had a problem with auto connect 60D deck today

I was trying to drive over and auto connect the mower deck today to do a fall clean-up run on the yard and I could latch into the deck, but the auto connect PTO wasn't engaging. I knew something was up when I tried to 1) set the cutting height and the knob wouldn't turn all the way to the right height and 2) when I tried to engage the PTO and grinding sound and no spindles spinning. YIKES!! The machine is only 4 months old. I looked underneath the machine and the tractor side of the PTO was angled up and not lining up with the deck as I drove over to connect. I finally figured out the the sliding PTO shaft running to the head must of had some frozen water or debris within the sliding shaft that had it hung up and not let it drop horizontal. I disconnected the pins on the side and let it go loose so I could work the shaft and I pumped some lube in the grease fitting.. Hooked it all back up and tried to rollover the deck and engage and all worked fine. So just a heads up in these cold times, check that the PTO head is rotating down when you go to auto connect.
    Levi likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    New Jersey...? Mowing....? After yesterday? I can't see my front lawn for 6" of snow and pine boughs all over.
    Levi likes this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 10:21 AM
    Thanks
    Yeah I was on the unfortunate side of the rain/ snow line. I have a green lawn, though the storm and heavy rains knocked most of the oak leaves out. A little more and I can put the mower deck and trac vac trailer away till spring.
    HydroHarold and Levi like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:08 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,147 Times in 977 Posts
    If I had a green lawn right now, I would call that the fortunate side of the weather, just sayin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Levi likes this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements