Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Mauser or Tektite Cab

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:44 AM
    Thanks

Mauser or Tektite Cab

Looking to add a cab to my JD 1025R. Not having a backhoe, so don't have to worry about compatibility issue there. I'm looking at Mauser and Tektite as those are readily available to me here. My dealer has both cabs installed and have sat in both. To me, the fit and finish of the Mauser, seems to be a notch or two above the Tektite version.

So the question is, if you were buying a cab for your 1025R and had to choose between Mauser and Tektite...which would it be and why?

Thanks
    Glen

Current Fleet

2017 - JD 1025R w/260B backhoe
    2018 - JD 1025R w/Mauser Cab

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-02-2019 @ 10:20 PM
    Thanks
    I have only seen the Mauser and have to agree with you, it looks amazing and moreso, comfortable. While there have been a couple of reported 'accidents' here with the front windshield shattering due to a misaligned rod or so, but it is certainly pricey. What is the price difference between the two?

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Thanks
    Our sportsmanís club just put the Curtis cab on the 1023e they have. It looks likes a well built unit. Right now, all the windows and doors are off it for mowing. They mainly purchased it for blowing snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can follow my little homestead on Instagram @Trolladyfarmhomestead

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:54 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,530 Times in 1,414 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gls1320 View Post
    Looking to add a cab to my JD 1025R. Not having a backhoe, so don't have to worry about compatibility issue there. I'm looking at Mauser and Tektite as those are readily available to me here. My dealer has both cabs installed and have sat in both. To me, the fit and finish of the Mauser, seems to be a notch or two above the Tektite version.

So the question is, if you were buying a cab for your 1025R and had to choose between Mauser and Tektite...which would it be and why?

Thanks
    My AVATAR speaks for itself.......

I have the Mauser and find it to be EXCEPTIONAL in fit and finish and Function........

To me, the Mauser looks like it's designed more specifically for the 1 Series. However, it';s not a cab to be put on and removed annually, as it's very integral in the tractor and it's ROPS certified, so the ROPS bar is completely removed from your tractor.

If you have any questions or want specifics, feel free to ask. If I don't respond to this thread, send me a Private Message and I will get back to you.
    Levi, Busman and Toughsox like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

Busman†(05-14-2018)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toughsox View Post
    I have only seen the Mauser and have to agree with you, it looks amazing and moreso, comfortable. While there have been a couple of reported 'accidents' here with the front windshield shattering due to a misaligned rod or so, but it is certainly pricey. What is the price difference between the two?
    Actually, since the Mauser comes with many options as Standard Equipment, verses many of the other cab manufacturers add every single option to their base price, I found the Mauser wasn't much different in price than comparably equipped cabs when comparing apples to apples. In fact, when including all of the options, it was less than a couple of others which I considered..........

But even if it had been the most expensive, I still would have bought it.

Also, I would get every option available such as both front and rear wipers, both side mirrors, etc. You use all of them, especially when plowing snow. I even added a back up camera which is EXTREMELY helpful and increases operational safety.

Here is one of the threads I have posted about my cab opinion and evaluation. Search under the advanced search with my user name as the source and I cover all of the options and show the pictures of adding the revolving cab light and other cab features......

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...-equipped.html

In my opinion, which is what is important to me, () It fits the tractor like it was designed specifically for that model where so many of the other cabs look like four square panels set on the tractor chassis.....Even the glass in the Mauser has radius to it, which really adds to the styling.

I can tell you that even people who know nothing about tractors or cabs find the Mauser cab very impressive. I helped a neighbor move some landscaping stuff on Saturday and the wife walked over to my tractor and she asked if she could open the door and look inside. Of course, I complied. She opens the door and exclaims to her husband "This is as nice inside as my car......." The other thing which surprises people is when they shut the door. It's very solid and shuts like a car door.

The other advantage is Mauser and Deere work together to make it an OEM offering, which means the Deere dealer will always have parts availability through their regular parts department and service on it through their service department. On the other hand, If the dealership decides to not sell Tekite cabs any longer, you might not be able to get any parts or service for the Tekite cab through that dealer, where as with the Mauser, that should never be the case.

Full Disclaimer - I do have an opinion on the subject, it's just my objectivity is in question since I am a Mauser cab owner......
    Levi, mark02tj, Busman and 1 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

Busman†(05-14-2018)

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:44 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post

If you have any questions or want specifics, feel free to ask. If I don't respond to this thread, send me a Private Message and I will get back to you.
    Sent you a PM Sulley.
    SulleyBear likes this.
    Glen

Current Fleet

2017 - JD 1025R w/260B backhoe
    2018 - JD 1025R w/Mauser Cab

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gls1320 View Post
    Sent you a PM Sulley.
    Received and responded. If you have any other questions or If I can be of any help, please feel free to contact me.......
    Busman likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

Busman†(05-16-2018)

13. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Thanks
    If I'm not mistaken, Mauser builds the 'factory' cabs for European Deere's not having true OEM cabs like the 3x00 and above series tractors. I just wish Mauser's website was worth a darn.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

14. Top | #9
    Last Online
    11-21-2018 @ 07:46 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Mauser builds the 'factory' cabs for European Deere's not having true OEM cabs like the 3x00 and above series tractors. I just wish Mauser's website was worth a darn.
    Agreed on the website. Also, contacting them is a waste of time too. However, they were responsive to my dealer.

I too have the Mauser cab. Although I haven't compared it to any other 1 series cabs the quality is exactly what I would expect if this were John Deere original equipment. It isn't as refined as the cab on my 4 series, but the 1 series isn't that refined either. Anyway, I'm a happy owner of a Mauser cab
    mjncad likes this.
    Managing a 40 acre woodlot'd homestead. JD 4066R Cab | 440R | 3rd,4th,5th SCV | JD 60" Root Grapple | Frontier BB4284H 84" Box Blade | JD Bucket | JD 48 Pallet Forks | JD PHD400 Post Hole Digger | Wallenstein FX90 Skidding Winch | Wallenstein BX62R Chipper. The 1025R keeps the drive clear in the winter and the grasses' ears lowered | Mauser Cab | 60" mowing deck | 54" JD Blower | JD Salt/Sand Spreader | JD 60" rake | DR Power 1 ton Versa Trailer. Gone JD's, but not forgotten: X530 & 4052M.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Poindexter For This Useful Post:

mjncad†(05-17-2018)

16. Top | #10

Last Online
    05-21-2019 @ 08:32 AM
    Thanks
    I have a cozy cab which I really like the versatility of being able to take cab off in the summer time. Now that have taken it off and on a couple times, in half hour to 45 minutes it can be taken off or on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1316.jpg
    mjncad likes this.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast