• 1 Post By billyboblockwood

Thread: new 1025r owner

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-03-2019 @ 12:32 AM
    Thanks

new 1025r owner

hey all.
    long time lurker and john deer enthusiast here. Let me introduce myself. I'm 19, a recent high school graduate, and starting in the excavation contracting world.

I own a 3033r, a 1025r tlb and yanmar vio 25 mini excavator, with a heat/ac cab after watching far To much of Tim marks "tractor time with Tim" I found out about the forum and plan to start a youtube. anyhow, Im looking for input on the 1025r, I have a 12" dig bucket and a thumb on it, I placed an order for the bxpanded quick coupler and tooth bar. Im curious as to what people have to say about there trenching bucket and ripper. I plan to build a 20" cleanout bucket for the machine, and a tilt bucket. which leads me to my second question

what diverter kit does everyone find is the best value? I will need the diverter to run a grapple, and the tilt bucket so it's going to happen sooner than later. The guys and I just LOVE this machine, we do a lot of french drains and utility installs, and while the excavator or my old 580k is faster, it leaves a mess, moves more dirt than I need, and is just unhandy for more than half my work.

lastly, would anyone be interested in a build thread for the buckets? I'm considering building a couple of the cleanout buckets and selling them on eBay if there's enough interest

thanks all, and especially Tim marks for the wonderful content on this forum and on youtube, it has been a blessing and a joy.

-billybob Lockwood
    ps, I posted this in a wrong section first and if a mod could delete it i would be much obliged
    Levi, Tractor Tim and PJR832 like this.
    2017 3033r, cab, imatch. 2017 1025r h120r loader, 260b backhoe. 2016 yanmar vio 25.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to billyboblockwood For This Useful Post:

Tractor Tim†(07-27-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    04-01-2019 @ 08:37 AM
    Thanks
    I have the ripper. I thought it was worth the money. It's not something I use very often but, is really handy when I do. Cuts roots great.

I can't speak to their trench bucket, I bought the JD 8" instead. It's true measurement is 7". I bought it because the majority of my ground is super hard shale. The 12" was much harder to dig with. Although, if I get into something soft, & need to move more dirt (like when I helped a buddy dig his pond), I use the 12" bucket, & it works like a champ.
    Levi, BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.
    2016 ~ 1025R TLB

JD 647 Tiller / Frontier Box Blade / Frontier 5' Scraper Blade / JD 54" Snow Plow / Heavy Hitch / Ken's BOH / Rebuilt Brinly Plow / BXpanded BH Ripper / JD 8" BH Bucket/ Titan 42" Pallet Forks / Frontier 5' Landscape Rake

2018 Kawasaki Mule SX 4X4 XC Camo

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Viper21 For This Useful Post:

billyboblockwood†(07-28-2018)

6. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:21 PM
    Thanks
    Who's Tim Marks? The real leader of the pack here is Giz.

I have the bxpanded trencher & like it a lot. Doesn't seem to get clogged.

I was recently researching diverters myself & found that the Artillian one seems to be most favored. FYI, Drifterbike had a barely used one listed in ForSale.
    Levi, BigJim55 and Tractor Tim like this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dianedebuda For This Useful Post:

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

9. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dianedebuda View Post
    Who's Tim Marks? The real leader of the pack here is Giz.

I have the bxpanded trencher & like it a lot. Doesn't seem to get clogged.

I was recently researching diverters myself & found that the Artillian one seems to be most favored. FYI, Drifterbike had a barely used one listed in ForSale.
    Iíd love to try the BXpanded trencher bucket. The JD 8Ē (7Ē) gets plugged way too frequently.

Billy bob, Iím sure you saw it, but in case you havenít, I have detailed installation instructions for the Artillian diverter in a video.

Tim (wishing I could be well known and loved like Giz)
    Levi and PJR832 like this.
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tractor Tim For This Useful Post:

11. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:21 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tractor Tim View Post
    wishing I could be well known and loved like Giz
    Now you know I couldn't have done even 1/2 the maint I've done without the TTWT videos. Hugs to Christie.
    Levi, Tractor Tim and MadOx like this.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dianedebuda For This Useful Post:

Tractor Tim†(07-27-2018)

13. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tractor Tim View Post
    Iíd love to try the BXpanded trencher bucket. The JD 8Ē (7Ē) gets plugged way too frequently.

Billy Bob, Iím sure you saw it, but in case you havenít, I have detailed installation instructions for the Artillian diverter in a video.

Tim (wishing I could be well known and loved like Giz)
    I did see it Tim and it was excellent, For financial reasons, I think Im going to go with the titan grapple and share it beetween my two machines, am I right In thinking kenny makes a diverter set up as well?

I read your article on the backhoe buckets and it was great, I currently have the 12", with a bxpanded bucket now on order. I am having the parts for several cleanout buckets burned out this week on a friends CNC plasma table and then Ill weld them up to round out the set. the quick coupler should make changing buckets very quick.

as a side note, would a build thread be well received on this forum? everyone here is a tremendous resource and I would like to give back in some way if possible.
    best

Robert Lockwood (billybob)
    MadOx likes this.
    2017 3033r, cab, imatch. 2017 1025r h120r loader, 260b backhoe. 2016 yanmar vio 25.

14. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboblockwood View Post
    I did see it Tim and it was excellent, For financial reasons, I think Im going to go with the titan grapple and share it beetween my two machines, am I right In thinking kenny makes a diverter set up as well?

I read your article on the backhoe buckets and it was great, I currently have the 12", with a bxpanded bucket now on order. I am having the parts for several cleanout buckets burned out this week on a friends CNC plasma table and then Ill weld them up to round out the set. the quick coupler should make changing buckets very quick.

as a side note, would a build thread be well received on this forum? everyone here is a tremendous resource and I would like to give back in some way if possible.
    best

Robert Lockwood (billybob)
    The Artillian diverter will work with all brands of grapple.
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

15. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    after seeing the used one for sale Im going to snatch it up,

Oh well, another excuse for a weekend project. hoping to use it for a hydralic thumb and tilt grading bucket at some point in the future as well. just dreams for now though.
    Last edited by billyboblockwood; 07-28-2018 at 09:22 PM.

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements