Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 54" MMM vs. Quick Hitch 54" Blower mount

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 07:24 PM
    Thanks

54" MMM vs. Quick Hitch 54" Blower mount

I just purchased a 54D Auto Connect MMM for my 2016 1025r FLB. I gave it a short test run today and then started looking at the mounting system on the front of the tractor. Will I be able to mount my Quick Hitch 54" Blower on my tractor this fall or will I have to remove the mounting brackets for the MMM? Anything else that I need to do for my seasonal switch?
    Thank you!
    1025R FLB
    Frontier 2048 Rotary Cutter
    iMatch
    54" Quick Hitch Snowblower

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    You will probably have to remove the MMM bracket and install the snow blower bracket - unless you happen to have the combo bracket.

JD offers a combo bracket that accommodates both the MMM and snow blower.
    DRobinson and kylew like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 10:53 AM
    Thanks
    The front quick hitch brackets go on the inside of the frame and the MMM brackets go on the outside of the frame. If you have a brush guard too, with both brackets, you will need 4 longer bolts in the front to go through everything. Both brackets can stay on all the time and don't get in the way of each other.
    Ray_PA likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 07:24 PM
    Thanks
    Awesome! Thank you. I was hoping that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    The front quick hitch brackets go on the inside of the frame and the MMM brackets go on the outside of the frame. If you have a brush guard too, with both brackets, you will need 4 longer bolts in the front to go through everything. Both brackets can stay on all the time and don't get in the way of each other.
    1025R FLB
    Frontier 2048 Rotary Cutter
    iMatch
    54" Quick Hitch Snowblower

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Thanks
    As JeffW said, as long as all of the brackets are installed correctly, no need to remove any of the brackets on the front of the tractor to either mount the mmm or the front quick hitch, they just both cannot be on at the same time, but then, why would you do that.

As an additional note, what you cannot do is, once you have the front quick hitch brackets installed, you cannot hang suitcase weights on the front of the tractor. The best way to hang front suitcase weights with the front quick hitch brackets is buy a heavy hitch front weight bracket. https://heavyhitch.com/product/quick...eight-bracket/

Also, when you have the tractor set up to use the front mount snow blower, e.g. the mid PTO and front PTO hanger is installed but the front quick hitch is not installed, the FEL cannot be installed with the mid PTO and front PTO shaft hanger installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Front Quick Hitch_w_mark ups.jpg   Front Hitch Bracket.jpg   20180729_105140190_iOS.jpg   20180729_105132062_iOS.jpg   20180729_105025697_iOS.jpg  

kylew likes this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,613 Posts
    You can , but why,,, I found it easier to mount the front quick with the blower driveshaft installed to bracket.

Plus with MMM on cannot use both the mmm and blower at same time because lift arms for mmm need to remove meaning mower needs to be removed.

Yes you could use a front blade with mower on , but again WHY, with auto connect MMM takes maybe 3 mins to remove deck.

Just my 2 cents .Cheaper to remove mmm than breaking , twisting or doing damage to mower or brackets.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:34 AM
    Thanks
    Hold the phone...you mean I’ve been swapping my quick hitch and mmm front brackets on and off every season for no reason?

The mmm brackets will not interfere with the quick hitch for the snowblower?

I would have never assumed this was the case....gotta get some longer bolts.

1984 JD 316 w/ cat 0 3-pt hitch and 2000 rpm pto, 48" tiller, 49" snowblower, 42" belly mower
    2015 JD 1025r, 60d MMM, 54" front mounted snowblower, Heavy hitch, Ballast box
    1980 JD 1050 4wd, JD 75 loader, IH 60" brush hog
    1980? Satoh S550g Elk, 60" belly mower
    McCulloch Saws - 1970's Mini Mac 30; Mac 10-10
    1978 Ariens Sno-Thro 32"; Troy-Bilt 24" snoblower
    1996 Polaris 680 Ultra Snowmobile, 2004 Yamaha Raptor 660, 2016 Polaris Sportsman 570
    1996 KTM EXC 300
    Gravely ZT-HD 60"

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:24 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AJgrn78 View Post
    Hold the phone...you mean I’ve been swapping my quick hitch and mmm front brackets on and off every season for no reason?

The mmm brackets will not interfere with the quick hitch for the snowblower?

I would have never assumed this was the case....gotta get some longer bolts.

That is correct. The quick hitch brackets mount to the inside of the frame rail, the MMM to the outside. Once installed, neither come off.

Attachment 640756

The numbers 9, 10 & 11 refer to the item numbers from the parts catalog for the bolts and nuts, which came with the quick hitch when I bought mine. I didn't have installation instructions when I installed mine, so I used the parts catalog for reference. All 4 bolts need to be longer than what came stock.
    etcallhome likes this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    You can , but why,,, I found it easier to mount the front quick with the blower driveshaft installed to bracket.

Plus with MMM on cannot use both the mmm and blower at same time because lift arms for mmm need to remove meaning mower needs to be removed.

Yes you could use a front blade with mower on , but again WHY, with auto connect MMM takes maybe 3 mins to remove deck.

Just my 2 cents .Cheaper to remove mmm than breaking , twisting or doing damage to mower or brackets.

Actually the lift arms don’t need to be removed . Only the rear bar that has a nut on each end needs to come off so the driveshaft don’t hit it. One lift arm needs to be “released” so the threads on the cross bar extracts easily. Every thing else that lifts the deck can stay just raise it in full up position and lock with knob.
    etcallhome likes this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:22 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by genesusie View Post
    Actually the lift arms don’t need to be removed . Only the rear bar that has a nut on each end needs to come off so the driveshaft don’t hit it. One lift arm needs to be “released” so the threads on the cross bar extracts easily. Every thing else that lifts the deck can stay just raise it in full up position and lock with knob.
    I believe Gene is referring to a non autoconnect. With the autoconnect, it is very simple. The front of the carriage arm is attached with clevis pins that come out easily as are the turnbuckles from the lift arms. I lower it first, disconnect the driveshaft from the transaxle, remove the clevis pins from the lift arms, and finally the clevis pins at the front of the carriage. It all slides out as an assembly.

We'll want to remove the lift arms on each side or they may fall off. I'd suggest adding a 3/8 fine thread jam nut to each to prevent the adjustment from being altered. Also, mark them left or right with a permanent marker.
    etcallhome likes this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast