First problem, no 3pt hydraulic power after backhoe removal.
Like Tree39Likes
  • 5 Post By jimmylh
  • 4 Post By JustinHEMI
  • 6 Post By Ray_PA
  • 13 Post By JustinHEMI
  • 4 Post By Ray_PA
  • 4 Post By JD4044M
  • 2 Post By GSM
  • 1 Post By JustinHEMI

Thread: First problem, no 3pt hydraulic power after backhoe removal.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-14-2019 @ 04:22 PM
    Thanks

First problem, no 3pt hydraulic power after backhoe removal.

I just unloaded backhoe in order to attach my deck and mow. When I went to hook up deck, rear lift arms didn't connect.

Hmm.. hop off and look, they're barely lowered. Check knob position, yep in install position.

Back off mower and cycle rock arm control and notice 3pt arms barely moving as well.

Disconnected and reconnected power beyond loop, but problem persists.

Any ideas? I'm going to take a break and see if manual has anything.

Thanks

Justin
    2019 2038R, dual rear vavles, power beyond, 220R loader, 57" HD bucket, iMatch, R3+ tires, JD premium LED light kit, wheel spacers, Artillian diverter, EA wicked root grapple, Heavy Hitch "flexible ballast" and bolt on toothbar, Ken's extended iMatch hook and loader grip, Titan forks, Woods BB60X rotary cutter, CRI stump bucket, Fit Rite hydraulics top link.

1940 John Deere H with PTO, hand start.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Thanks
    Are you sure the power beyond has a good seat? The first few times I had the backhoe off, I just thought the rear lines were connected. It took me three or four times and some grunting to get them locked up correctly. The connectors seem to have broken in now that I've had the tractor for a few months. If the 3 point is not moving then that's a good canidate. Also, you could check the drop rate control in front of the seat. Not sure if that would cause it, but worth checking.
    Last edited by jimmylh; 08-05-2018 at 02:28 PM.
    Tomfive, Robnik, PJR832 and 2 others like this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmylh View Post
    The couple of times I had that problem, I just thought the rear lines were connected. It took me three or four times to get them locked up correctly. The connectors seem to have broken in now that I've had the tractor for a few months.
    That's what I'm finding in my googling. When I have a snack, I'm going to make sure I have it connected correctly.
    Ray_PA, Robnik, PJR832 and 1 others like this.
    2019 2038R, dual rear vavles, power beyond, 220R loader, 57" HD bucket, iMatch, R3+ tires, JD premium LED light kit, wheel spacers, Artillian diverter, EA wicked root grapple, Heavy Hitch "flexible ballast" and bolt on toothbar, Ken's extended iMatch hook and loader grip, Titan forks, Woods BB60X rotary cutter, CRI stump bucket, Fit Rite hydraulics top link.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:18 PM
    Thanks
    Do you have the 3 point lift arms back on or are they still off?

If they are off, there isn't enough weight to lower the 3 point rockshaft without the mmm connected.

You should be able to put your 3 point control all the way to lower and then manually push the 3 point rockshaft arms down.

Once you get the mmm connected, then you will have enough weight to lower.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ray_PA For This Useful Post:

JustinHEMI (08-05-2018)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    So besides that, because I learned that you're right, need weight. However, when pushing the arms myself, I couldn't get much to budge. I decided to stick my head underneath and found a wrench in the works. It was jammed up in there good.

I guess I need to be more careful when clearing land.

I'm glad it was nothing too serious and there's no damage except my pride.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    So besides that, because I learned that you're right, need weight. However, when pushing the arms myself, I couldn't get much to budge. I decided to stick my head underneath and found a wrench in the works. It was jammed up in there good.

Yea, especially driving over brush. There are many things in under these tractors that can get damaged, like an auto connect mechanism, and they aren't that high off the ground.

If I plan to do any brush work that requires driving over brush, I remove my auto connect mechanism. Might be excessive, but I'd prefer not to tear that up by a brush getting caught in it.
    DRobinson, Levi, JD4044M and 1 others like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Thanks
    That is why I put Skid Plates end to end on mine plus up the sides around all those thin skinned filter housings, pedal etc.
    Levi, Ray_PA, kylew and 1 others like this.

11. Top | #8
    GSM

Last Online
    09-11-2019 @ 09:39 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post

Noticed the tires in the picture. Kenda's? I just ordered a set for my new 1025R. I had All Trails on my 425 and loved them for snow work - never needed chains or even a dif lock.
    Levi and kylew like this.
    Glenn

Deere 1025R, w/120R loader & 260B backhoe
    Sabre w/46" blade
    47 blower
    Innovative Tractor Attachments Grapple
    Clamp-on toothbar
    4P cart

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GSM View Post
    Noticed the tires in the picture. Kenda's? I just ordered a set for my new 1025R. I had All Trails on my 425 and loved them for snow work - never needed chains or even a dif lock.
    Yep, Kendas. I'm afraid I have a SLOOOOW leak in the front right. Down 2psi over the last few days. Not really worth trying to plug at this point.
    Levi likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements