Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Heads up on 102x replacement rims - and new HDAP pictures

1. Top | #1
    GSM

Last Online
    09-11-2019 @ 09:39 PM
    Thanks

Heads up on 102x replacement rims - and new HDAP pictures

Got the new Kenda tires installed. I had to do the fronts by myself as the shop I went to couldn't get their mounting tool under the bead to get the old tires off. I got it done but not a fun job.

One item I noticed. To expedite things I used a set of Deere 10x6 rims (M139005) which I had. They are used on the X5x5, X728/729/749, and 2305/2210 and also called out for the 102x in the JD Parts Catalog. The tires mounted fine but I found you have to mount them with the valve stems pointing inward otherwise the rod ends from the tie rod assembly will rub. The stems are short necks and just clear the hub pieces. Maybe 3/8"

I see that JD also lists the LVA20123 as the replacement rim. I"m not sure how the valve stem works on those but just something to be aware of when mounting front tires or replacing the rims.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tires-1.jpg   tires-2.jpg  
    Glenn

Deere 1025R, w/120R loader & 260B backhoe
    Sabre w/46" blade
    47 blower
    Innovative Tractor Attachments Grapple
    Clamp-on toothbar
    4P cart

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:59 PM
    Thanks

Getting these small tires off!

Had to break down several small tires at home that were old and cracking. I tried to use my front end loader on the edge near the bead and lifted my tractor front end off the ground. I have a 4044M so not to light of a weight on the tire sides. No way could I bust the beads loose. Took my Saws All and cut around the sides of the tire on both sides and removed 75% of the tire. I tried using a chisel to and hammer to get under the bead with no luck. Then I had a idea took my 4" hand Grinder and cut into the bead carefully and ran into steel cables. When I cut thru those cables the bead popped open and I grabbed the tire with my vice and just pulled the rim away. Had 4 to do and got faster. Leave about 3 inches of bead and side wall to grab and cut the cable in the bead they almost fall of the rims at that point. Can't believe how strong a grip the cable put on the rim!
    etcallhome, Fozsey, kylew and 1 others like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Thanks
    We had one set of tires at work that was so stuck on, we set the tire standing up, and used a forklift to push it in.....some really are THAT tight.
    etcallhome and Drifterbike like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    GSM

Last Online
    09-11-2019 @ 09:39 PM
    Thanks
    I have that cheap tractor tire changer from Northern Tool. It's ok for up to 10" rims but 12s are murder.
    Glenn

Deere 1025R, w/120R loader & 260B backhoe
    Sabre w/46" blade
    47 blower
    Innovative Tractor Attachments Grapple
    Clamp-on toothbar
    4P cart

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Thanks
    Interesting. I purchased a second set of rims and Carlisle R3 turf tires for use on one of my 1025Rs. The rear tires mounted up without issue. However, I had a heck of time getting the front tire bead to fully seat. I had a liberal coating of soapy water applied. I had a strap around the center. I even became desperate and resorted to methods I don't approve of, like starting fluid and acetylene gas. Finally, I applied moly EP grease to the bead and rim in lieu of soapy water and I was able to seat the bead fully with air pressure.

I was blaming Carlisle for moving the production of that tire to China and their common slop on production tolerances. Hopefully, I'll never to have to remove them, but if I do, I learned some tips for doing so.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    Tractor looks pretty new, what happened to the tires it came with?

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by genesusie View Post
    Tractor looks pretty new, what happened to the tires it came with?
    I still have the R4s. They were hard on the new lawn and near the lake it tends to be soft. The turfs are much easier on it. Others have also reported the turfs are better in snow than the R4s, though I didn't have any issues with the R4s last winter----but we never received any deep snow, either.

I purchased another set of rims so I could keep the R4s mounted. I can re-install the R4s fairly quickly if I think I'm going to need them.

Having a spare on-hand prevents flats. When you have a spare, you never need it. When you don't, you always do.
    Last edited by martincom; 08-13-2018 at 10:57 AM.
    ejb69, keane and Neb like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GSM View Post
    Got the new Kenda tires installed. I had to do the fronts by myself as the shop I went to couldn't get their mounting tool under the bead to get the old tires off. I got it done but not a fun job.

One item I noticed. To expedite things I used a set of Deere 10x6 rims (M139005) which I had. They are used on the X5x5, X728/729/749, and 2305/2210 and also called out for the 102x in the JD Parts Catalog. The tires mounted fine but I found you have to mount them with the valve stems pointing inward otherwise the rod ends from the tie rod assembly will rub. The stems are short necks and just clear the hub pieces. Maybe 3/8"

I see that JD also lists the LVA20123 as the replacement rim. I"m not sure how the valve stem works on those but just something to be aware of when mounting front tires or replacing the rims.
    Looks good! What do you use the green handle on the rops for?
    1025r with FILB, 60MMM, BH
    Frontier BB48
    County line 5ft rake
    Ken's seat springs
    BH steps
    My design cab step
    WR Long Flat toothbar
    Titan JDQA with 6ft plow

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    I still have the R4s. They were hard on the new lawn and near the lake it tends to be soft. The turfs are much easier on it. Others have also reported the turfs are better in snow than the R4s, though I didn't have any issues with the R4s last winter----but we never received any deep snow, either.

I purchased another set of rims so I could keep the R4s mounted. I can re-install the R4s fairly quickly if I think I'm going to need them.

Having a spare on-hand prevents flats. When you have a spare, you never need it. When you don't, you always do.

That makes a lot of sense. And I agree when one has spares the one is use is less apt to have an issue. I have the turf tires and they indeed function in a vast areas of use. I like my choice.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:29 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,668 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wentonbrown View Post
    Looks good! What do you use the green handle on the rops for?
    It's for the backhoe.
    wentonbrown likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast