• 1 Post By etcallhome
  • 2 Post By osbornk

Thread: Long overdue

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    03-27-2019 @ 08:38 PM
    Thanks

Long overdue

I recently bought a 2009 2305 with 850 hours on it but not a lot had been done to it other than oil and filter changes as well as an occasional greasing of the loader (by me). I bought it from my next door neighbor that bought it new but is moving back to the city where he lived the first 60 years of his 70 years. He used it mostly with the FEL and to ride it to and from his mailbox that is about 1,000' from his house. The 62" mowing deck has been sitting in my outbuilding for the last 6 or 7 years and has had little use. The 4' bush hog and the rear blade might have been used two or three days total since they were new.

I changed the antifreeze for the first time and what came out looked almost exactly like what I put back in. I changed the hydraulic fluid and filter and it looked pretty normal to me. The screen had a little debris on the bottom and the magnets had about the same amount of filings on them as you see on magnetic oil plugs when you change the oil. When I changed the differential oil, the old grease was black like you normally fine in an automotive differential but nothing out of the ordinary. I also changed the oil and filter in the engine. He replaced the battery for the first time 2 or 3 years ago.

I don't think the delay in changing the fluids has done much harm as it runs fine with no signs of abnormal wear and tear (other than the yellow seat won't come clean) or any other signs of misuse.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,091 Times in 2,552 Posts
    Make sure to take care of the often neglected driveshaft. At 800+ hours it could be ready to blow.

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...brication.html
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:42 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,616 Posts
    Agree driveshaft , and if no protection on cooling fan under the tractor be careful using the brushhog.

Not sure if they are still being made ,at one time you could order a protected shield for fan and hyd filter.

you could try a search on ebay.
    Robnik likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    03-27-2019 @ 08:38 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Make sure to take care of the often neglected driveshaft. At 800+ hours it could be ready to blow.

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...brication.html
    Thanks, I thought I was done. I have had an air powered grease gun for about 20 years and I will see if it will work in a few days.
    Drifterbike and Robnik like this.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements