• 12 Post By Kennyd
  • 1 Post By kr70

Thread: 2014 to 2018

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    01-09-2019 @ 06:06 PM
    Thanks

2014 to 2018

traded my 2014 for a 2018 1025R. got $11,500 for my 2014 (600hrs) had to pay $5600 difference. 54" deck and loader. not many differences. 1. chain on fuel cap, 2. different mechanism to open hood (hood has 2 struts) 3. no markings on light switch.
    Thing I like, seat and seat springs. I cut a 4 acre cemetery with most graves from the 1800's so the boxes are all gone and the ground is very uneven. I had to install seat springs on the 2014. I removed them before trade and cut cemetery and got reminded on why I installed them. Cut the cemetery with the 2018 with original springs and couldn't believe the difference. I've heard the springs are the same part number but I guarantee that the springs are not the same.
    Thing I dislike, the rollbar is slanted over the operator station. It's much harder to take down to put in my shed.
    so all in all not a lot of difference in 4 years
    etcallhome, Bubber, OxPath and 8 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-14-2019 @ 02:48 PM
    Thanks
    Congrats on the new tractor. You should have a sticker for the light switch, mine blew off during delivery and was stuck on the l/h armrest, the dealer got me a new on and I installed it.
    Herminator and PJR832 like this.
    1975 JD 400
    1978 JD 316
    2018 JD 1025R

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-21-2019 @ 08:39 AM
    Thanks
    My 18 has a sticker for the lights. I’m not a huge fan of the roll bar to. I’ve actually been thinking about seeing if I can buy a older style one.
    Herminator likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:06 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmueller View Post
    My 18 has a sticker for the lights. Iím not a huge fan of the roll bar to. Iíve actually been thinking about seeing if I can buy a older style one.
    Just so you know, the upper half of the "Pre-2018" ROPS will bolt directly to the lower part of the 2018 ROPS, so all you need to change is the upper half of the ROPS from a pre 2018 machine and it will be the same as the 2017 and prior ROPS design.

My ROPS was removed since the Mauser cab was installed. I never plan to remove the cab and I ended up selling my ROPS to another GTT member who had a 2017 1025r with a soft cab enclosure and he traded his 2017 for a 2018 in January of this year, and the soft enclosure would not fit on his 2018 machine due to the ROPS change. He bought the ROPS from me and used the upper half of the ROPS I sold him to bolt to the base on his 2018 and the soft enclosure now fits on his 2018 and he doesn't have that goofy forward facing ROPS on the new machines. Plus, I didn't have that beast taking up space in storage, so it was a win, win......

You can buy the ROPS from John Deere but it's expensive. I sold mine for around $500 if I recall.....and that was less than it cost from Deere.

However, as far as I know, you can only order the entire ROPS unit, not just the upper half of it......

The part number for the entire assembly, is LVA18169, which includes both halves of the ROPS bar and all hardware and brackets. It sells for $503.76 on the Green Parts website.

John Deere - Parts Catalog

ALso, I think the serial number cut off on the New verses old ROPS is 1LV1025RLHJ1000000, when looking it up.

One last point, if you do look for and locate a ROPS for sale, it has a serial number on the ROPS unit so make sure if you are buying it from a private party, that the private party doesn't have a loan on their tractor or have it financed with John Deere credit as the ROPS will be listed on their loans UPC Lien agreement and technically subject to their loans collateral agreement.........Selling items which have liens on them can invalidate their loan agreement and also make the ROPS subject to creditor claims if something happened and they didn't make their tractor loan payments.......
    Ray_PA and Herminator like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    08-21-2019 @ 08:39 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    My 18 has a sticker for the lights. I’m not a huge fan of the roll bar to. I’ve actually been thinking about seeing if I can buy a older style one.
    Just so you know, the upper half of the "Pre-2018" ROPS will bolt directly to the lower part of the 2018 ROPS, so all you need to change is the upper half of the ROPS from a pre 2018 machine and it will be the same as the 2017 and prior ROPS design.

My ROPS was removed since the Mauser cab was installed. I never plan to remove the cab and I ended up selling my ROPS to another GTT member who had a 2017 1025r with a soft cab enclosure and he traded his 2017 for a 2018 in January of this year, and the soft enclosure would not fit on his 2018 machine due to the ROPS change. He bought the ROPS from me and used the upper half of the ROPS I sold him to bolt to the base on his 2018 and the soft enclosure now fits on his 2018 and he doesn't have that goofy forward facing ROPS on the new machines. Plus, I didn't have that beast taking up space in storage, so it was a win, win......

You can buy the ROPS from John Deere but it's expensive. I sold mine for around $500 if I recall.....and that was less than it cost from Deere.

However, as far as I know, you can only order the entire ROPS unit, not just the upper half of it......

The part number for the entire assembly, is LVA18169, which includes both halves of the ROPS bar and all hardware and brackets. It sells for $503.76 on the Green Parts website.

John Deere - Parts Catalog

ALso, I think the serial number cut off on the New verses old ROPS is 1LV1025RLHJ1000000, when looking it up.

One last point, if you do look for and locate a ROPS for sale, it has a serial number on the ROPS unit so make sure if you are buying it from a private party, that the private party doesn't have a loan on their tractor or have it financed with John Deere credit as the ROPS will be listed on their loans UPC Lien agreement and technically subject to their loans collateral agreement.........Selling items which have liens on them can invalidate their loan agreement and also make the ROPS subject to creditor claims if something happened and they didn't make their tractor loan payments.......
    Thanks for the info.
    SulleyBear and Herminator like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,079 Times in 2,545 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kr70 View Post
    Thing I like, seat and seat springs. I cut a 4 acre cemetery with most graves from the 1800's so the boxes are all gone and the ground is very uneven. I had to install seat springs on the 2014. I removed them before trade and cut cemetery and got reminded on why I installed them. Cut the cemetery with the 2018 with original springs and couldn't believe the difference. I've heard the springs are the same part number but I guarantee that the springs are not the same.
    Here is the history of the springs as posted on our website, we sell even heavier ones if you need them:

Some history on the seat springs:
    -> The original OEM springs (JD Part #AM153100) were rated for 103 pounds each (206 pounds per pair).
    -> The PSRUMORS upgrade replacements were rated for 125 pounds each (250 pounds per pair).
    -> Sometime in late 2013 thru mid 2014 John Deere updated the springs (JD Part #AM145323), they are now rated at 118 pounds each (236 pounds per pair). These springs are still being used today by John Deere (to the best of our knowledge).
    -> November 2015: KBOGH/BoltOnHooks LLC introduces upgraded springs rated for 130 pounds each (260 pounds per pair).
    -> November 2016: All springs are now Yellow Zinc Plated-no painting needed and ready to install.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

Herminator†(08-31-2018), mopeman†(08-22-2018)

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    01-09-2019 @ 06:06 PM
    Thanks
    other differences, chain on fuel cap and it doesn't seem to let as much junk in the front screen to the radiator.
    Herminator likes this.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:17 AM
    Thanks

Older ROPS

My 18 has a sticker for the lights. Iím not a huge fan of the roll bar to. Iíve actually been thinking about seeing if I can buy a older style one.
    I have one that is for sale. I traded my 2014 for a new 2018. I had a Mauser cab on my old tractor, so I kept the old ROPS. PM me if your interested.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements