Pto Coupler not lowering properly.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By RetiredDoc

Thread: Pto Coupler not lowering properly.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-20-2019 @ 06:00 PM
    Thanks

Pto Coupler not lowering properly.

When installing the 7iron deck on my 1023e, I need to press down with my foot on the pto. coupler assembly to lower it into position. The spring assist is not working.
    I had worked on the deck leveling it early summer and suspect I didnít get that assist spring hooked properly. I had noticed also when mowing and lowering deck, it kinda just settled down. Not snapping down with authority as it should. If someone could take a photo for me of just how that spring is hooked, I would be most grateful. Thanks, Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    Is the rate-of-descent knob for your 3 point hitch opened all the way? If not, the mid-PTO shaft for the MMM will take its own sweet time to lower, or may not even lower down at all.
    SulleyBear, kylew and Toughsox like this.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Wow, thanks i didnít know that. I had 300 lbs on that, so might be cranked down pretty tight . Thanks, Iíll check it, soon as I can. Have a great evening, Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    I donít know if it affects that feature. But my deck lifts by the hydraulic control valve on the right hand fender. But, Iíll check rate valve also. Thanks

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:37 PM
    Thanks
    RetiredDoc is referring to the 3-point hitch rate of drop control. This would apply if you had Mechanical Lift. As you have "Hydraulic Lift", it does not.

I've attached the installation manual which has an illustration that depicts how the return spring is to be oriented. I remember having to take a bracket loose that one end of the spring attaches to connect it as oriented. I connected the spring to the bracket when loose and I believe I slid the bracket along the frame rail until I could utilize an alignment bar to guide it over the frame mounting locations. I utilized a cardstock 12-pack soda container over the frame to protect the finish from gouging/scratching.

I maybe a bit off in my description as it was a year ago since I did the last one. However, I do remember taking the bracket loose and utilizing the 12-pack container to protect the paint finish. I also had the foot board removed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by martincom; 08-21-2018 at 07:51 PM.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceagain View Post
    Wow, thanks i didnít know that. I had 300 lbs on that, so might be cranked down pretty tight . Thanks, Iíll check it, soon as I can. Have a great evening, Dan

I apologize for getting your hopes up. I did not know what lift mechanism you had installed.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    You guys are great, thanks for all help. I. Hope to work on this Sat. Dan

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Thanks
    Without a doubt, if you have the optional hydraulic lift, which it sounds like you do, the lift cylinder retract spring is essential. In fact, even when the spring is connected properly, the linkage lowers slowly.

I am curious, you mentioned you were adjusting the deck leveling and didn't get the assist spring hooked up properly. Actually, the spring doesn't have anything to do with deck leveling so I am curious, did you actually have the spring disconnected?
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Ray, thanks ! Your right, that spring is not involved. I have my deck off now and it seems to be lowering quite nicely now, for some reason. Maybe was binding somewhere. I need to study it some. Thanks !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements