• 1 Post By FourWinns
  • 3 Post By SulleyBear

Thread: Debris in 1025R Transmission

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-09-2018 @ 09:29 AM
    Thanks

Debris in 1025R Transmission

I’ve been lurking in this forum for quite awhile and really appreciate all the advise I have found on operating and maintaining my 1025.

Today I performed the full 200 hour maintenance and found what appears to be light gray plastic debris inside the transmission. After removing the magnetic filter screen I inspected the inner casing and extracted a few pieces of the material. It is pretty fragile and breaks apart easily so I don’t think it’s a gasket or seal. No leaks and the machine is running great. Thought I would post here to see if anyone can help me identify.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7129558F-BAB1-402E-8B61-A1AFEAC666B7_1535293050623.jpeg   B8A1860C-013C-4602-B8EE-B2BCF5D9F51D_1535293037772.jpeg  
    DRobinson likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    It looks like sealing compound. It is possibly sealing compound that squeezed out during assembly and has now broken off. Most likely nothing to worry about.

You obviously documented this with pictures and you could show it to your dealer to get their point of view and put it on record with them.
    RetiredDoc likes this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Thanks
    Nothing to worry about.
    Seems like this is a fairly regular occurrence and what Id expect to be normal at the first service.
    Its the sealant they use to seal the case together during assembly that squeezes out and then breaks apart during use and falls down into the case.
    Ill say too that Ive seen pictures here of a LOT more of that than what you have.
    RetiredDoc and Herminator like this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    09-09-2018 @ 09:29 AM
    Thanks
    Thank you both for the quick reply. Glad to hear this is somewhat expected and benign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Herminator likes this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,434 Posts
    This is very common and something which occurs as the case is assembled and the sealant applied to the case pieces in lieu of the use of gasket material. Many pieces of the rear case use this sealant instead of gaskets and when the sealant is applied, the excess sealant squeezes off and with the cycles of heat inside the fluid as well as the vibration, some of the excess sealant breaks off as you have found in your case service.

To be honest, the system is designed to utilize gaskets in the areas where there are very small orifices and hydro static valves and the larger portion of the case, where the case halves and the removable panels on the case exist, this sealant is used.

If this was your first hydro case service, don't be surprised to find a little more of the same next time. Usually, by time of the 2nd or 3rd case service, this will cease as all excess sealant which is going to break off, will have done so.

The machining on these cases is so good, it takes very little sealant to properly seal the components. even just a little bead around the case pieces will result in the excess sealant being "squeezed" during the assembly.

Also, to be clear, during the assembly process, this sealant is not used in the areas of the component where such excess would be troublesome and restrict valve operation or plug fluid flow. Bottom line, excess sealant is normal and frequently found in the screen in the sump of the rear assembly. Removing it is the right thing to do as it serves no purpose any longer. This sealant is almost always contained in the lower sump and caught by the screen, just as it appears to have been in your actual experience.
    DRobinson, Herminator and Toughsox like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

FourWinns (08-27-2018)

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements