Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 3 pt hitch position control

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-22-2018 @ 07:55 AM
    Thanks

3 pt hitch position control

Hey everyone, as you can see I'm pretty new, just signed up. What a great place, wish I signed up earlier. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. When my 1025r is first started up (summer or winter) and I lift up the implement on the 3pt hitch after a few minute warmup, I get a very loud squak sound after the implement reaches its correct height. The sound comes from under the seat and It only does it once for twice as im using the implement and then it goes away. My dealer has picked it up twice and adjusted the position control. It goes away for the first few uses after I get it back but then it's back again. Any suggestions what is happening?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Maybe I should also mention it's a 2017 and has approx 140hrs

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:29 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,668 Times in 1,263 Posts
    It sure sounds like the feedback rod needs adjusted. Perhaps this is what the dealer is adjusting and calling it the position control.

One of the purposes of the feedback rod is to disengage the hydraulic pressure when the 3PH reaches full height. When it is incorrectly adjusted the 3PH continues to try and lift even after it has reached full height and that causes the hydraulic system to trigger the relief valve which is usually the source of the squealing.

You may want to confirm if the dealer has been adjusting the feedback rod.

It's usually pretty easy to adjust. You raise the 3PH all the way up and adjust the length of the rod until the squealing stops.
    Superglidesport and PJR832 like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. Yes it is the feed back rod and I do know the sound you're talking about when it's still trying to lift but this is a little different. I attempted to adjust it myself and found that when I adjusted the rod to far back I would get the sound your referring to. Where it just kept trying to lift. This is just a quick loud squak sound, thats the best way I can describe it and then it's fine. No more noise. Like I said it only does it when its been sitting for the night and I use it again the next day.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Thanks
    Pretty easy to adjust jgayman, unless you have a power beyond! I made some custom wrenches to get in there with a power beyond installed. Usually if I am setting up a 1025R TLB with mower, I will get the mower on and adjusted in case I have to adjust the feedback rod, so the PB lines are not in the way.
    Superglidesport and PJR832 like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    09-01-2019 @ 08:55 AM
    Thanks
    Sorry for barging in here, not meaning to go off topic.
    Would this rod adjustment also pertain to the 3PH adjustments on my x739?
    I get a hydraulic squeal that's been mentioned.
    2018 X739 w/54HC MMM & Mulch Kit
    54" 4-Way Plow w/Custom Mount
    Ruegg 3PH and a gaggle of implements.

TSC = The Village of Idiots

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    Could you please clarify a bit? Thanks.

1. Does the noise occur without an implement hanging off the hitch?
    2. Is it the same implement every time, or is it the same with different implements?
    3. I assume the noise is not at full lift?
    4. Does the noise happen at the same point in the lift height every time?
    5. Is your dealer doing the adjustments with your implement hooked up, or with no implement?
    6. Has your dealer been able to duplicate (hear) the noise?
    7. Does the noise happen regardless of the setting on your descent rate control knob?
    Superglidesport likes this.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Hey there, so I'll answer your questions the best I can.

1. It does not matter if their is an implement or not. With or without one I get the sound for the first couple of lifts.

2. It is any implement.

3. The noise does it at any lift point. If I have the 54" snow blower on for example, it doesn't matter if I lift it an inch or all the way up.

4. The noise only happens when it has sat for the night. Let's say I start the tractor up and let it warm up a couple min. I lift the implement up to back out of the garage and that's when the noise happens. If I lower the implement back down and then raise it back up it does it again. But if I do it a 3rd time it stops and doesn't do it anymore for as long as I use the tractor that day.

5. The dealer has been able to duplicate it and as far as I know they are doing the adjustments without an implement on.

6. And Yes it will do the noise regardless of where the decent knob is set.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for answering my questions. You and I have similar noises, but with different presentations, it seems. Mine does its noise with any implement or with none. But mine is always at approximately the same point in the height of the lift, about three inches below full lift. It seems to come from under the seat, but with the seat moved out of the way, and watching and listening closely, I still can't pinpoint the location. Mine is an early morning noise, when there is still dew on the ground. It goes away by mid-morning.

I'm thinking my next move is to liberally spray every moving part I can find with WD40 to displace any moisture first thing in the morning.

I've lived with the noise over 2 years, but didn't think much about it until I read your post.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    The issue came on at around 80 hours for me . I will admit it's quite loud and in no way seems right, I just hope it's not causing any damage.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast