Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Saggy loader

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-14-2018 @ 07:05 PM
    Thanks

Saggy loader

My loader keeps bleeding off. But when I check my hydro fluid it’s full. My 1025 r is less then a year old and have never unhooked the loader. Air in lines bad seal. I use the dip stick on the back to check fluid level. An it says it’s full. I feel like I’m missing something.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 08:08 AM
    Thanks
    Welcome to GTT
    Which portion of FEL leaks down boom or bucket or both? How long does it take to leak down?

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,559 Times in 1,279 Posts
    I would set the bucket about 2' off the ground, measure it, and record how many inches it drops. I had a severe leak down a year ago on my 1023, turned out to be internal cylinder seals and the SCV. I believe the H120 and 120R on a 1 series have a tolerance of around 3.5" per hour.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    06-06-2019 @ 09:14 AM
    Thanks

1025 loader bleeding down

I had new, less than 30 hour 1025r and it started dropping. Talked to dealer and they told me that the tolerance was 7 inches per hour. I thought that was ridicules, but they came out and measured it. Turns out it dropped 10 inches in 1 hour empty and 10 inches in 45 seconds about half full of gravel. Luckily, I meet the minimum and they replaced both cylinders on the loader. They didn't happen to tell me how sloppy their specs were when I was comparing with Kubota. Very happy with the tractor overall, and since they fixed it, I'm a happy man.
    raco232 and PJR832 like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    Sometimes a saggy loader can work for you.

One of my horses managed to lift up this 75 pound dutch stall door off its hinge pins and drop it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1015.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	3.09 MB 
ID:	645860

The vertical lift of the 1025R wasn't enough to lift it high enough with a sling and bucket hooks, so I put in into the bucket. Trying to get the 2 hinges lined up and lower the door onto the pins was impossible with just one person. So I raised it slightly high, shut down and got off the tractor, and was able to guide it into place manually as the loader slowly leaked down.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1016.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	645862
    jgayman, chex313, OxPath and 8 others like this.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:14 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinwlsn View Post
    My loader keeps bleeding off. But when I check my hydro fluid it’s full. My 1025 r is less then a year old and have never unhooked the loader. Air in lines bad seal. I use the dip stick on the back to check fluid level. An it says it’s full. I feel like I’m missing something.
    It is not likely air in the lines; it is basically a sealed system. (Although there is air in the sump.). If one installs a new cylinder with air in it, the system will purge the air with a few cycles of the cylinder.
    If you're not noticing noticeable leaks, then your not losing oil. Hydraulic leaks on cylinders are easy to detect - the oil attracts all manner of dirt and generally creates an unsightly mess.

Almost all cylinders will "leak down" - the manual for my loader gives the acceptable "leak down rates" for differing loads. If it is leaking down faster than the manual states, it is either the packing in the cylinders or the seals in the valve. I recommend starting with some basic diagnostic procedures. If you connect the lift cylinder hoses to the bucket curl outlets and visa-versa and the same cylinders leak down, it is most likely the packing in the cylinders. If the issue moves to the other cylinders, its likely the SCV.

This is almost always an issue with the cylinders - oil leaking past the packing on the piston. The pistons move as the oil slowly leaks past the piston. It can happen if only one is leaking as they are plumbed in pairs and the amount oil on each side of the piston will equalize. It can take some time but one can rebuild them with some basic tools and patience. There's videos on YouTube that demonstrate the process. Or your dealer or local hydraulic repair shop can do it.

If its the SCV, you may be able to rebuild it but that's not something I'm familiar with.

Given the loader has never been unhooked, I'd be really surprised if something has gotten into the system and damaged the SCV.
    SulleyBear and PJR832 like this.
    John Deere 4200, 420 FEL, 60" MMM, #74 Front Blade, #59 Snowblower, iMatch, Hydraulic Dump MCS

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:07 PM
    Thanks
    I found this chart one day questioning the same thing. Last entry is for h120.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    RetiredDoc likes this.
    | 1025R, H120 w/ 53" Bucket, 60D MMM, 47" Snowblower, Heavy Hitch, BOGH, Piranha, No Money Left |

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Thanks
    If 5”/hour is the rate I have a test scenario to play out. I feel mine drops quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    1025r 60d and h120 with bucket. Quick hitch with barbell and weights for ballast.
    Purchased 3/11/2017

Forks soon. Blade for the loader. Rio mod.
    So much fun to be had!

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    FYI, check your quick connects. Common point of failure if you're leaking down too much.
    RetiredDoc and PJR832 like this.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,084 Times in 2,549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
    FYI, check your quick connects. Common point of failure if you're leaking down too much.

If the QD's are at fault, there would be visible leaking. Cylinders and valve can and do leak/bypass internally with no visible signs of leakage.
    Ray_PA, SulleyBear and PJR832 like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast