Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: 1025R Loader and backhoe difficult to reattach

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-12-2019 @ 10:27 AM
    Thanks

1025R Loader and backhoe difficult to reattach

Hello all. Just took delivery of a new 1025r FILB with a 60mmm. Have about 10 hrs on it so far. Wow what a nice machine.
    I have plenty of newbie questions but i'll limit this thread to hydraulics.
    I've been taking off the loader and back hoe each day so I can mow our property and for practice etc.
    It's been very hot here in NE PA the last few days. And both implements sat in the sun while I was mowing.
    The loader and back hoe come off no problem, but both days, when I went to re connect each implement, the pressure in the hydraulic lines of the loader and back hoe had risen so high, that I just could not get the hoses to re connect!. So, both days I just let them sit until the sun when down and they cooled off, and then, no problem. Everything goes together fine.
    When the pressure was low enough to re connect, you can take your finger and push on the male hose ends and they will release, squirting a bit of hydraulic fluid out. When I'm having trouble, no amount of force from me can get the line to release.
    Has anyone else had this experience?
    More of a symptom of the heat, than a defect it seams.
    Just baffled. Thanks, George
    IndianaJim likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    10-13-2019 @ 07:48 AM
    Thanks

1025R Loader and backhoe difficult to reattach

Disregard previous question. I misunderstood your situation.
    Last edited by gtmedic; 08-29-2018 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Delete post

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:53 PM
    Thanks
    I believe he is referring to putting the loader/backhoe back on after sitting in the sun.

Yes, seen it happen. Had same problem when we put plows outside. If we didn't connect the hoses on plow back onto each other, we needed to hit ball end of fitting with a hammer and have a towel over the coupling so we didn't get sprayed with hydro oil.

Can you put the loader or backhoe somewhere where sun isn't heating it up?
    BigJim55 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:54 AM
    Thanks
    Yes, what you described is quite common. When a disconnected hydraulic attachment has a temperature rise and is higher than when it was disconnected, it will experience a pressure increase inside of it. Since it's now no longer connected to the tractor, the pressure has no way to relieve, where if it were connected to the tractor the pressure would just relieve back into the system if you shut the tractor off and move the SCV stick to the 4 positions (raise, lower, dump, curl) for the FEL and/or mower. Shutting the tractor off and moving the backhoe's levers will relieve the pressure at the power beyond.

When you did what you described, having the attachments off and sitting in the sun, the pressure built inside them. You can relieve the pressure manually by covering the end of the male fitting with a rag to capture the spray of oil, and pushing the fitting against something hard and sturdy, like the frame of the tractor or attachment. Be careful not to inject it into your skin or eyes. That is dangerous and requires medical attention.
    BigJim55, SulleyBear and Robnik like this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    10-12-2019 @ 10:27 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks. That's exactly what's happening. Time to look for a shady spot.
    BigJim55, SulleyBear and Robnik like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Thanks
    Don't go stickin yur finger on those hoses to relieve pressure. Good way to get a hyd oil injection into yur body. Bad sheet.. Google that and let us know what ya see.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:33 PM
    Thanks
    Normal problem with heat. Either try to reconnect when it is cooler in evening or morning or throw some towels or other protection over the connectors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BigJim55 and Robnik like this.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Thanks
    You should be able to relieve the pressure even if it has heated up in the sun by operating the backhoe control levers and letting the pressure equalize. Only if all cylinders are fully extended should you run into a problem where there is nowhere for the excess pressure to go. This is assuming that when you disconnect the backhoe you are connecting the lines together so that the hydraulic circuit is complete.
    IndianaJim and Robnik like this.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:57 PM
    Thanks
    When releasing pressures in hoses as others have said put rag over end of hose, I also put on gloves and safety glasses......
    I have found safety glasses in both clear and tinted with readers in them, (for us older guys) so seems I wear them when ever I go out the door......
    SulleyBear and Robnik like this.
    2009 JD 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS,Power Beyond Kit, KBOH, 54"MMM, 47" Snowblower, 200CX Loader w/ BB, Powerhorse 12 ton Logsplitter and King Kutter tool carrier and 17P kart
    2009 Cub Cadet/Yanmar ex3200, Land Pride 60” land plane and 60” finish mower, worksaver posthole digger w/ 9” auger, “The thumb” add on grapple, third function valve and KBOH of course

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by W9GFO View Post
    You should be able to relieve the pressure even if it has heated up in the sun by operating the backhoe control levers and letting the pressure equalize.
    Don't think you've ever lived in the South...
    snhay3 likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast