• 1 Post By Cutty72
  • 2 Post By Woodchucking

Thread: Trying to find part - related to Rear 3-Point Quick Hitch

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-17-2019 @ 09:21 AM
    Thanks

Question Trying to find part - related to Rear 3-Point Quick Hitch

Hello! I have a John Deere 2320 SCUT, and I just recently noticed my rear Quick Hitch was sitting crooked. So I took a look and found that a small "hook" was broken on this part below the PTO. I can't figure out what this part is. Here is a picture of it:

(broken "hook" circled in Red, the whole part circled in Green)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3i1vbAP.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	994.5 KB 
ID:	646760

I called my local John Deere dealer, and they told me I'd have to replace the entire assembly, including the black sway bars and threaded rod connectors... the whole dang thing. I couldn't believe that I'd have to replace the entire thing, just to get that one little piece. This is what they sent me, and said I'd have to replace this WHOLE THING (circled in red) I was like NO WAY, just for that little part?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mjxlrOb.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	646762

I'm hoping I can get some better direction on here... if I can find this part by itself, or do I have to literally purchase the entire thing? If I can get that part specifically - what is called? What is the part number!?

Thank you in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:40 PM
    Thanks
    can you take it apart and have it welded?? Seems like you should be able to get it fixed with out needing the whole system.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,668 Times in 1,263 Posts
    That is odd. The parts listing does show that there was a revision to that part, it is possible that they changed the design somewhere along the way and replaced the single anchoring sleeve with two separate anchoring sleeves (#23) occupying the same space. It was P/N LVA802234 and is now P/N LVA802985. It has a crazy price of $83 for each section of sleeve.

If I were you, I would go have the chain welded back on to your sleeve and call it a day.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifterbike View Post
    can you take it apart and have it welded?? Seems like you should be able to get it fixed with out needing the whole system.
    Hi Drifter - yeah I could probably do that. I don't know where the piece that broke off is... but I could just get a little piece of metal welded on there. If I can't find a part for this, then I think that's my route.
    Drifterbike and Herminator like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,668 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodchucking View Post
    Hi Drifter - yeah I could probably do that. I don't know where the piece that broke off is... but I could just get a little piece of metal welded on there. If I can't find a part for this, then I think that's my route.
    It is just a piece of rod wrapped around that sleeve and through the loop on the turnbuckle end. It should be very easy to repair and make it even stronger than original. It might be a good idea to inspect the other side and have it reinforced at the same time.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    It is just a piece of rod wrapped around that sleeve and through the loop on the turnbuckle end. It should be very easy to repair and make it even stronger than original. It might be a good idea to inspect the other side and have it reinforced at the same time.
    Awesome, just what I was looking for... you found the parts for it and some good advice! Yeah those prices are way too high for those two pieces. I know a welder who should be able to help me out.

Thank you so much for the fast response and excellent advice
    Herminator and PJR832 like this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Thanks
    I had to replace that part on my 2320 also. I think I still have the PN at home, I can look when I get back to the house if I remember.
    ~$80 was the quoted price, but I got it for less with some smooth talking ;)

No access to a welder, or I would have just fixed it. Mine was/is all one piece, not two separate.
    Herminator likes this.
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
    I had to replace that part on my 2320 also. I think I still have the PN at home, I can look when I get back to the house if I remember.
    ~$80 was the quoted price, but I got it for less with some smooth talking ;)

No access to a welder, or I would have just fixed it. Mine was/is all one piece, not two separate.
    Yeah! Mine is also a single piece. Thankfully my welder came out and took the piece with him (p.s. I had to take a rear wheel off thanks to the rod that runs through it!). He has it fixed now, but will come over tomorrow to put it back on.

I would be curious to have the Part Number for future reference. And to also call my local dealer and see if they have that part as well

Thanks Cutty - looking forward to the PN.
    Herminator and Toughsox like this.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements