• 1 Post By JW 4x4
  • 1 Post By PJR832

Thread: Wheel spacers for 1025r with Mauser Cab installed

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-14-2019 @ 11:50 AM
    Thanks

Wheel spacers for 1025r with Mauser Cab installed

I looked through some posts on the spacer question, but , I do not understand the tech talk, and I did not see the Mauser mentioned.
    I hate the feeling that I am about to tip over when mowing
    on my somewhat sloped yard.
    JD 1025r w/ 3pt hitch
    9" auger
    Quik park H120 loader
    Auto connect MMM 60D
    Frontier Rotary Tiller RT1149
    I Match
    Mauser deluxe weather enclosure
    Front bladeAF10..urethane edge.
    Front Quik tatch w/o hydro( I intend to rectify this )
    2012 Ram1500 Hemi
    CC SZ60 Commercial Zero turnTank with lights, 27 hp
    steering wheel and ROPS
    72 inch blade
    60 inch deck
    Pull behind 15 gal sprayer with boom and wand

"Don't let nothing get you plumb down" Woody Guthrie

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Thanks
    I have a Mauser cab coming for my 1025. Do you feel like it makes a difference? Enough to warrant the cost? I'm seriously considering spacers as well. I'll need to research what is compatible with a 60MMM

EDIT--I think I read your post wrong--I thought you had already installed the spacers--my bad. I would like to hear from someone who has the cab and spacers--did it make much difference and which spacers?
    Last edited by 14decoys; 09-10-2018 at 02:44 PM.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-22-2018 @ 07:23 AM
    Thanks
    Please note that I do not have a cab, but I do have a very hilly yard.

I bought 1.25" rear wheel spacers from bro-tek (Part #: 0020040007) due to my 54" mowing deck limiting my options to nothing larger than this. I also filled all of the tires with RV fluid. I used RV fluid in my case - cheap, corrosion resistant, relatively nontoxic, and locally available so that I could DIY. Since I did both mods at the same time, it is a little hard to say what had more of an impact.

The tractor feels more stable having additional weight down low and spread out a total of 2.5" wider. For me, it was totally worth it as I really don't want to experience a rollover. If you have a 60" deck you can likely go with larger wheel spacers.
    2018 1025r TLB

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:00 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gygomba View Post
    Please note that I do not have a cab, but I do have a very hilly yard.

I bought 1.25" rear wheel spacers from bro-tek (Part #: 0020040007) due to my 54" mowing deck limiting my options to nothing larger than this. I also filled all of the tires with RV fluid. I used RV fluid in my case - cheap, corrosion resistant, relatively nontoxic, and locally available so that I could DIY. Since I did both mods at the same time, it is a little hard to say what had more of an impact.

The tractor feels more stable having additional weight down low and spread out a total of 2.5" wider. For me, it was totally worth it as I really don't want to experience a rollover. If you have a 60" deck you can likely go with larger wheel spacers.
    Thank you for your post - just to be clear, are you saying that the 1.25" BT spacers work with your 54D deck? From everything I had read prior, I thought any spacer with the 54D would cause interference. Thanks again for your insight!
    BigJim55 likes this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:00 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,556 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Kennyd likes this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    10-22-2018 @ 07:23 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JW 4x4 View Post
    Thank you for your post - just to be clear, are you saying that the 1.25" BT spacers work with your 54D deck? From everything I had read prior, I thought any spacer with the 54D would cause interference. Thanks again for your insight!

Yes they do, but not perfectly. For 3 out of the 4 (Front-Left, Front-Right, Rear-Left) I have no issues flipping the lever to drop the gauge wheels when removing/installing the deck. For the rear-right position, I have to pull the lever straight out without using the mechanical leverage that I would get if I had clearance to flip the lever. Does that make sense? Sorry, I don't have a picture handy at the moment but I can take one later. It is a little harder since you are fighting against the spring directly as a result, but its not too bad.
    2018 1025r TLB

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:58 PM
    Thanks
    When I first got the 1025, I about dumped it over while hauling some rock. I filled the rear wheels, and installed spacers as fast as I could find one to fit the budget.

I bought 1.25" spacers and it's the widest I'd go with having a 60" mmm, occasionally the right rear depth wheel will touch the rear deck wheel when fully raised.

I have no interest of starting the debate of hub-centric vs. lug-centric discussion with my next comments, there are strong opinions about each. I used the lug-centric spacer mount, and have been 100% satisfied with them. I've hauled many heavy loads and driven them over many miles and NEVER had a reason to feel unsafe with them. They have never worked loose from the initial torque. At $50 (per pair) vs $200+, for me, it just worked out better financially. Good luck with your choices.
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements