Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 1025r Hydraulic System Question

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-07-2019 @ 09:03 AM
    Thanks

1025r Hydraulic System Question

Hello all.I recently purchased a 1025FILB which I really like, and I think will serve my needs for a long time.
    My question concerns the hydraulic system, Why is it that when using the JD backhoe. I can only move one part at a time. Such as dipper stick then the boom. The bucket curl, but not at the same time as I pull in the boom? It seems the Orange tractors can do two things simultaneously. Why is that? Obviously it is a different type of system, but what are the differences.
    Thanks George

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Thanks
    Deere 1025R: Single Hydro pump. Total hydraulic system capacity: 6.3 GPM Implement capacity: 3.5 GPM

Kubota B2601: Dual hydro pumps. Total hydraulic system capacity: 8.2 GPM Implement capacity: ????

The Kubota equal with it's dual hydro pumps can simply provide more hydro fluid to make the backhoe respond faster.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks. So it's just responding faster and not actually doing 2 things at once?
    Guess I just need to get smoother. Practice makes perfect.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Thanks
    Well, I don't have a 1025R and have very limited time on a Kubota (my neighbor has one) but even on my machine "doing 2 things at one time" is more a matter of finesse in using the joysticks than "built in system functions".

If you have enough fluid flowing, you can feather the controls to feed fluid to 2 different functions at the same time and get decent response times. If you only have a little fluid flowing that becomes very hard to do. You'll see a lot of guys on here (GTT) talking about the exact same thing with the lift & curl functions on the loaders. Some machines have enough "oomph" to allow that to happen, some don't.
    RetiredDoc and PJR832 like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 02:22 PM
    Thanks
    With practice you can do two things at once - but they will move slower when moving together and you need to be very deliberate with the controls in order to balance the flow between the two functions.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:26 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by W9GFO View Post
    With practice you can do two things at once - but they will move slower when moving together and you need to be very deliberate with the controls in order to balance the flow between the two functions.
    This. It definitely takes practice, and you will get better at it once you figure it all out. I have had mine for over 2 years, and use my BH quite heavily, and I am still learning.
    RetiredDoc and PJR832 like this.
    2016 1025R TLB (Marshawn) with Piranha tooth bar
    HLA 42" Forks
    Frontier LR2060L Landscape rake
    2019 X370 mowing machine with snowblower attachment
    County Line 3 point log splitter (Mr. Splitty)
    Cyclone Rake super sucker
    Stihl MS-271 chain saw
    Stihl KM-56 Kombi powerhead, string trimmer, pole saw, articulating hedge trimmer
    Stihl BR430 backpack blower
    1998 Yamaha 4-stroke golf car (Tedy Bruschi)

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies.
    I really love the thing, I must say. Just ordered a thumb from bxpanded.
    George
    wentonbrown and PJR832 like this.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thy hydraulic guruís on this forum may come by to tell you the specifics as to why itís very difficult for these small machines to effectively do more than one function at once.

The gist of it is that the way the valves are setup flow seeks the path of least resistance, if you open one to do a function then the limited flow will seek to operate that function and not actuating the other function your calling for quickly.
    genesusie likes this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    Thy hydraulic guruís on this forum may come by to tell you the specifics as to why itís very difficult for these small machines to effectively do more than one function at once.

The gist of it is that the way the valves are setup flow seeks the path of least resistance, if you open one to do a function then the limited flow will seek to operate that function and not actuating the other function your calling for quickly.

Thatís true of any fluid under pressure. Same reason when something leaks it is the path of least resistance.

Any hydraulic path that has more than one path the least resistance path will seek first. And as they equal the path will be more split. This will occur until one path is less resistance than the other. Keeping the feed of both paths some what equal can be an issue if one wants faster response time.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    I am certainly not a hydraulic guru. But I feel it has more to do with the Orange one having two pumps. But, What do I know.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast