870 doesn't start

Thread: 870 doesn't start

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-21-2018 @ 12:48 PM
    Thanks

870 doesn't start

Hi,
    I have a John Deere 870 tractor from 1996 with 500 hours on it that doesn't want to start anymore. Starter cranks fine, but engine won't start. I'm use to hearing a 'click' shortly after I turn the key to the on position before I start. I don't hear the click anymore. This all happened after had problems with one of the battery clamps. It made bad contact so I often had to wiggle it to get the starter going. I bought a new battery clamp, installed it, and now the started runs great, but that's all... My thoughts are that a relay is ceased because of the unstable connection to my battery. This tractor doesn't have glow plugs. Any help will be much appreciated!
    Peter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    09-21-2018 @ 12:48 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Haase View Post
    Hi,
    I have a John Deere 870 tractor from 1996 with 500 hours on it that doesn't want to start anymore. Starter cranks fine, but engine won't start. I'm use to hearing a 'click' shortly after I turn the key to the on position before I start. I don't hear the click anymore. This all happened after had problems with one of the battery clamps. It made bad contact so I often had to wiggle it to get the starter going. I bought a new battery clamp, installed it, and now the started runs great, but that's all... My thoughts are that a relay is ceased because of the unstable connection to my battery. This tractor doesn't have glow plugs. Any help will be much appreciated!
    Peter.
    I found the problem myself. It was the fuse for the PTO.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements