Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: LED Question

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Thanks

LED Question

I have searched and read many LED threads looking for some help. I have a John Deere 2305 with the halogen work lights from John Deere and Artillian horse blinders. If I understand that people that just replaced the halogen bulbs with LED bulbs have not been happy with the results. It seems like the people that have replaced the halogen work lights with LED work lights have liked the result. If I have the wrong conclusion please correct me. I am leaning on replacing the whole light. Now the next LED work light question flood/spot LED work lights. This is what I am looking at.
    Amazon.com: LED Light Bar YITAMOTOR 2PCS 4Inch 27W Round LED Work Light Pod Lights Spot Light Off Road Driving Light Fog Light Waterproof Truck Car ATV SUV Boat 4WD ATV 12V, 2 Years Warranty: Automotive
    Amazon.com: LED Light Bar YITAMOTOR 2PCS 4 Inch 27W Round LED Light Pods Work Light Flood Beam Off Road Driving Light Fog Lights Waterproof Truck Tractor Car Boat Motorcycle ATV SUV 4WD 12V 24V, 2 Year Warranty: Automotive

Thanks,
    Doug
    2010 John Deere 2305
    200cx loader
    iMatch
    Ballast Box
    Frontier 1048 Box Blade
    Frontier 1060L Landscape Rake
    Artillian Forks
    54 MM Mower
    54 Front Blade w/Artillian Wings
    54 Front Blower
    Terraking TKV20 Material Collection System

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:39 AM
    Thanks
    Just remember, you get what you pay for with china lights. It will work, and it will probably be brighter than the lights you have now. But they may fill up with water or die in a year. Or they may last years. Those ones you listed are spot beams, so probably not a very good work light. You want something that is more of a flood beam to light up around you, not light up 500ft away leaving it dark around you.
    1025r | 60D | Forks | AV20F Grapple & 3rd SCV | 60" Box Blade | Danuser G20/40 Auger | Titan Pine Straw Rake | Kenny's hooks, springs, & diff lock pedal | LED Lighting Upgrades | HF Quick Hitch w/ extended top hook | Heavy Hitch weight bracket & toothbar | Custom loader snow plow

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 05:11 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedals2Paddles View Post
    Just remember, you get what you pay for with china lights.
    Pretty much every LED light is made in China. Even the high end ones talked about recently here that are "designed, engineered and tested in the USA" are not made in the USA. Not saying they aren't good, just saying that they also are made offshore.

My cheap Chinese LED lights that I got off Amazon have been working fine for four years now, and they get rained on for months every year.

Something else, you can generally find the exact same item for sale at a wide range of prices. I think some sellers are wise to the "you get what you pay for" saying and list higher prices in order to capture the people that believe that.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    There's a difference. A US brand with quality control and testing standards manufactured in China according to those standards is not what I consider a "china light". A Chinese company selling cut rate chinese manufactured lights with very little quality control, fake test results, and totally fabricated data sheets is what I consider a China light. And that is what this light in the OP is and presumably what you have. I have them too, but I bought them knowing what I was buying. Like I said, you may get lucky and they last. But you may also end up with a fogged piece of junk.

And for any of these China lights, please understand that the specifications and data they advertise are completely made up, not even remotely accurate. You're buying a light, but you actually have no clue how many watts or lumens you're getting. The US brands have actual, real data that tests true.
    1025r | 60D | Forks | AV20F Grapple & 3rd SCV | 60" Box Blade | Danuser G20/40 Auger | Titan Pine Straw Rake | Kenny's hooks, springs, & diff lock pedal | LED Lighting Upgrades | HF Quick Hitch w/ extended top hook | Heavy Hitch weight bracket & toothbar | Custom loader snow plow

7. Top | #5
    Big
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:51 AM
    Thanks
    Rigid brand LED's are American made and of the highest quality. Expensive but worth it. Probably got 1.5k worth of Rigid lights btwn my truck and SxS.
    Herminator likes this.
    -2017 2032R, 220r Loader, I-Match, Ken's Extended Top Hook, MMM, JD Ballast Box, Dual rear SCV's, Single Point Hydraulic Connection, Landscape Rake, Tarter Tiller, Boom Pole, Middle Buster/Potato Plow, Drag Harrow, Single Row Hipper, 5' Enorossi sickle bar, 3 point spike drag, Titan 42" Forks, 60" Box Blade, Landpride 3 point spreader, Leinbach 5' Disc.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Toro Dingo 322 with many attachments
    -Honda Pioneer 700

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Big For This Useful Post:

Herminator (09-28-2018)

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 10:12 PM
    Thanks
    Ive been going through a similar dilemma.

Check out LED Lights, Bulbs LED Lighting Accessories | superbrightleds.com
    They have a good selection and pretty good prices.

You dont need a physically large light to put out a good amount of light. Some huge lights dont put out half what a good small one will.

In my search for lights, I found out that Deeres upgraded LED lights use the wide angle or flood type on the rear, and I believe two on the front, with an additional two on the front with the spot type beam.
    Deeres are made by Hella. You can buy those as well, but Deeres price is much better than you will get trying to buy the individual lights. From what Ive found, their complete kit with 5 lights and harness is about the same price as 3 lights by themselves.
    Anyway, regardless, you should be able to find something decent that will work well for you.
    I was looking at some small square lights on that site I mentioned just last night, and they also have weatherproof switches with somewhat custom labels.
    jdmich, Herminator and Toughsox like this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 07:24 PM
    Thanks
    I have a set of these lights on my tractor; one facing forward, the other facing rearward. They've been great and are incredibly bright. They make snowblowing in the winter much easier (or working into the dark), especially backing up since I had become spoiled with the reverse lights on my x730.

If you're like me, you'll find once you have a nice LED flood light (flood.. not spot. We're driving tractors that max out at 9-10MPH so you don't need to see 200m down the road) or two you'll want to upgrade your headlights and work lights so they're all the same white light as well.
    Herminator likes this.
    2019 John Deere 2032R R3 Radials w/ 220R Loader
    60D AutoConnect mower
    Dual rear SCVs and power beyond
    Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks
    iMatch
    John Deere Ballast Box
    Frontier AP10F 42" Pallet Forks
    Land Pride BB1260
    CountyLine 4' tiller
    Homemade 5' land plane
    Homemade three point weight bracket\receiver hitch
    Aftermarket LED rear and front lights

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:32 PM
    Thanks
    I work for a gov't agency with over 2000 vehicles, from passenger cars, to police cars, up to Firetrucks, armored personnel carriers and ESU units. For the last handful of years, we have been using a ton of products from one of the sites just listed (superbrightleds.com) and since that time, I have used them exclusively for all the lighting in my own personal truck. Their prices are spot on and I have yet to see any failures to date.

While it may hold true in most cases that you get what you pay for, there also comes the old adage tha you are paying for the name.

So when you compare lets say, a 20" light bar from Rigid vs a 20" light bar from Superbrightled, the quality feels, appears and performs the same way. So, ask yourself, are you willing to pay close to $900-1000 or are you willing to take a chance on the same item for roughly $100.

Guess which 20"light bar is on my brand new truck.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks to all that replied and helped me with my dilemma.

Doug
    2010 John Deere 2305
    200cx loader
    iMatch
    Ballast Box
    Frontier 1048 Box Blade
    Frontier 1060L Landscape Rake
    Artillian Forks
    54 MM Mower
    54 Front Blade w/Artillian Wings
    54 Front Blower
    Terraking TKV20 Material Collection System

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toughsox View Post
    While it may hold true in most cases that you get what you pay for, there also comes the old adage that you are paying for the name.

So when you compare lets say, a 20" light bar from Rigid vs a 20" light bar from Superbrightled, the quality feels, appears and performs the same way. So, ask yourself, are you willing to pay close to $900-1000 or are you willing to take a chance on the same item for roughly $100.
    I've never used the off-road lights (pods and bars) from superbright. I've used lots of their replacement bulbs though, and they always work great.

When you say it performs the same way, what have you done to draw that conclusion? Simply that it puts out an adequate amount of light? Or that it actually meets the stated specifications in wattage and lumens, producing similar actual results as a Rigid product? Most people just conclude it is a bright enough and don't actually compare the actual performance or data. And for most people, that's all they care about too.

I have several el-cheapo pods and an el-cheapo 24" bar, all from Amazon. None of them perform as advertised, and all of them perform remarkably less than a similar Rigid product. The chinese company that designed and sells them simply lies in their advertising, using generic LED specs at full power. But the reality is they use minimal cheap materials that cannot dissipate heat. So they underdrive the LEDs at only 50-60% power. They will advertise a pod as having 3000 lumens using 8 watts, which magically is the Cree spec value for some model LED chip being driven at full power with adequate heat disipation. But when you put a meter on it, you see it's only actually using 4-5 watts, and not producing anything close to 3000 lumens. Now take a Rigid pod with the same advertised specs and put a meter on it. It actually does what they say it will do, and it is dramatically brighter. The two Rigid pods on my Jeep's A-Pillars are nearly twice as bright as the 24" amazon Chinese LED bar on the bumper, which has 5 times as many LEDs in it!!

So, there are circumstances where you're buying a name and there's no difference in the actual product. But I've never found that to be true when it comes to chinese vs american made lights like these. But again, I've never used or tested the offroad lights from superbright. That would be a surprising exception.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast