Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 2018+ 1025r cab.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Thanks

2018+ 1025r cab.

With winter coming, I was looking to see what cabs may be available for the 2018+ 1025r and it appears that due to the forward leaning rops, there aren't many options. All I've found so far is the Original hard top cab. It looks like a decent option, but wanted to see if anyone knew of anything else before I commit to buying.

thanks!
    SulleyBear likes this.
    2019 2038R, dual rear vavles, power beyond, 220R loader, 57" HD bucket, iMatch, R3+ tires, JD premium LED light kit, wheel spacers, Artillian diverter, EA wicked root grapple, Heavy Hitch "flexible ballast" and bolt on toothbar, Ken's extended iMatch hook and loader grip, Titan forks, Woods BB60X rotary cutter, CRI stump bucket, Fit Rite hydraulics top link.

1940 John Deere H with PTO, hand start.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 08:33 AM
    Thanks
    Have you looked at those that replace the factory ROPS with the cab itself?

I know others here have mentioned removal of the top section of ROPS as it was incompatible with their cab and that the cab itself was a ROPS

I think Mauser at least is this way, perhaps Tektite?
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    Have you looked at those that replace the factory ROPS with the cab itself?

I know others here have mentioned removal of the top section of ROPS as it was incompatible with their cab and that the cab itself was a ROPS

I think Mauser at least is this way, perhaps Tektite?

That's how it is with Tektite.

Not sure why you wouldn't go with the factory 1025R cab, unless you need one that's backhoe compatible.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:47 AM
    Thanks
    I agree the factory cab is a great option that replaces the rops. Several members on here have them and they all seem happy with them. I would have got one on mine but i am a big guy and not enough room for me.
    BigJim55 and SulleyBear like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:25 AM
    Thanks
    Being you have the backhoe, the factory cab is out.
    Tektite seems to be the nicest BH hard cab.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:15 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    With winter coming, I was looking to see what cabs may be available for the 2018+ 1025r and it appears that due to the forward leaning rops, there aren't many options. All I've found so far is the Original hard top cab. It looks like a decent option, but wanted to see if anyone knew of anything else before I commit to buying.

thanks!
    The Tektite Cab Made for the Previous ROPS John Deere 1023E/1025R/1026R TLB - Tektite Manufacturing On the 1025R will also fit as well Tektite did not Have to change anything and there is also the Curtis Cab John Deere 1 Family, John Deere 1 Family 1023E & 1025R, compact vehicle cabs, john deere cabs,. But OTC make fine Cabs They will keep the wind and snow off You to a Point There Not sealed very tightly. But I have been using a OTC Cab for 14 years On My Previous X485 & Current X748. For soft Cabs They are the Best IMHO Get the Glass windshield for the OTC well worth the extra cost When I had a 2017 1025R I made a Mistake of Going with the Seizmik soft Cab. The outside Material May be a Bit Better On the Seizmik But the OTC Beats the assembly Process of the Seizmik any day. But Seizmik doesn't Make a Cab for the 2018 1 series anyways which I think is a good thing. I am currently waiting on Tektite To Build a Backhoe Compatible Cab for the 2025R Tektite currently has a Non Backhoe compatible John Deere 2025R MY 18 Now Available! - Tektite Manufacturing Cab for the 2025R
    Last edited by Sergeant; 09-24-2018 at 06:41 AM.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,XUV 835M
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:15 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,530 Times in 1,414 Posts
    Keep in mind that the goofy upper part of the ROPS can be replaced with a 2017 and prior upper portion of the ROPS and then you will have more soft cab and other cab options. The Mauser cab is ROPS certified so the ROPS is completely removed when the Mauser cab is installed. So, anyone with a Mauser cab likely has a ROPS which has been removed and may or may not have a use for their removed ROPS.

I sold my ROPS to a GTT member and he swapped the upper hoop from my ROPS to the lower part of the ROPS on his 2018 and it fit perfectly, plus then he could use the various cabs which are NOT compatible with the 2018 goofy upper ROPS bar.......Swapping the upper hoop is very easy and requires nothing be unbolted from the tractor. Just pull the pivot pins and change the upper hoop portion. I have no plans to ever remove the cab and I have no plans to sell the machine. The removed ROPS is heavy and tough to store, so I sold it. I am sure there are others in the same situation.

I would bet the rops weighs between 60 and 80 pounds (or more) and it's size makes shipping it troublesome unless it it split in half, then it's easier to ship. Note, Deere sells the entire ROPS as an assembly, you can't just purchase the upper hoop portion from Deere through the parts department.

You can also order the entire 2017 ROPS if it comes to that, But I bet you can find someone who has a removed ROPS from a 2017 1025R (or before) which would permit you to swap out the upper portion of the ROPS to give you cab options.

Just keep in mind if you buy a ROPS from someone, the ROPS has a serial number on it and if the person selling it has a lien on their tractor, the ROPS would be subject to inclusion in the original lien filed by Deere or whoever holds the paper on the tractor. I paid cash for my tractor when I bought it so I didn't have the lien issue on my ROPS when I sold it. But just be aware of that issue as it can result in some entanglement down the road if Deere is looking for their ROPS if someone doesn't make their loan payments.

The ROPS was right around $550 if I recall. I sold mine less the tool box and bracket as I used the box and bracket on my new 3 point carry all. You can order the bare ROPS from Deere without the lights, the wiring harness, the tool box and bracket, etc. All of those pieces are add on pieces to the bare ROPS when you order it from Deere. It makes sense because many who need a ROPS might not need the lights and harness, etc.
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 09-24-2018 at 08:22 AM. Reason: added content

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Thanks
    Thank for the info all! I hadn't considered just replacing the 2018 ROPs with 2017.

Also, I'm looking for something easily installed before winter and removed after winter which is why I was leaning towards the OTC style. I will look at the hard cab options as well, but storage may be an issue for me.

ETA I also don't need it to be backhoe compatible because that will be in storage all winter.
    Last edited by JustinHEMI; 09-24-2018 at 09:37 AM.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2019 2038R, dual rear vavles, power beyond, 220R loader, 57" HD bucket, iMatch, R3+ tires, JD premium LED light kit, wheel spacers, Artillian diverter, EA wicked root grapple, Heavy Hitch "flexible ballast" and bolt on toothbar, Ken's extended iMatch hook and loader grip, Titan forks, Woods BB60X rotary cutter, CRI stump bucket, Fit Rite hydraulics top link.

1940 John Deere H with PTO, hand start.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:21 AM
    Thanks
    Prior to the 2018 1025R, the issue with the Mauser cab and the backhoe wasn't just the backhoe being mounted, but the supplemental frame attachment to the front loader mounts interfered with the cab mounts. The Mauser is a nice cab, but if you want to remove/install each season, it would be time consuming.

I went with the Cozy Cab for my first installation as the Mauser was not available in the USA at the time. I had actually purchased the Mauser for the second, but quickly ran into the supplemental frame interference problem as the second 1025R has the backhoe. So I ended up with Cozys on both. I installed mine myseld and added things like disconnect plugs for the wiring and the heater hoses. It takes me about 1.5 hours to remove or install a cab start to finish. I beefed up the shipping pallet the cabs are packaged upon and added casters for use as a storage platform.

Here are the links to the threads I authored regarding installation. I'm going to add an intermittent wiper control to the cab when I re-install it in November. I'll author another thread on that then. You would have to remove the upper section of the ROPS when installing the Cozy.

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...provement.html

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...all-1025r.html

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...ump-plugs.html

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...ems-1025r.html
    BigJim55 and Toughsox like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:15 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Thank for the info all! I hadn't considered just replacing the 2018 ROPs with 2017.

Also, I'm looking for something easily installed before winter and removed after winter which is why I was leaning towards the OTC style. I will look at the hard cab options as well, but storage may be an issue for me.

ETA I also don't need it to be backhoe compatible because that will be in storage all winter.
    Well In My Case I am Not going to Take the Cab off I will remove doors and windows and windshield In the summer. So That is why I want a Backhoe compatible Cab. OTC told Me they have no Plans right now to make a Soft Cab for the 2025R with forward leaning ROPS (at least for this Year) Last winter they told me they were going to Have a soft Cab for the new 2025R. So as of right now Unless Tektite gets a Backhoe compatible Cab before the white stuff Hits My Cab for this winter for the 2025R with be this Men's Yukon Extremes Coverall / Arctic Quilt-Lined | Carhartt. I will have My OTC Cab set up On MY X748 with a 47inch Blower and a Loader Mounted Blade On the 2025R
    BigJim55 likes this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,XUV 835M
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast